Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #901
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
No
Sprite,

It seems myself and others liked the ability to to edit and work with the csv files to alter our games. Why the change to lock us out from doing that?
Old 06-23-2016, 12:40 AM   #902
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not my change. OOTP's change.

Note that the games stats folder no longer includes all the csv's. They got too big for one thing. The ODB files are necessary for size and memory usage but you cannot make one AFAIK. Check under the database tab in game settings to see if ODB file creation is a choice. I don't think it is.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #903
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Not my change. OOTP's change.

Note that the games stats folder no longer includes all the csv's. They got too big for one thing. The ODB files are necessary for size and memory usage but you cannot make one AFAIK. Check under the database tab in game settings to see if ODB file creation is a choice. I don't think it is.

You can make a .odb from .csv files and vice versa. Open Office and other programs can do it. It seems really confusing to a novice like me and I haven't tried it. The question is, "is there a specific OOTP format?" I haven't the slightest idea.

But I would definitely like to be allowed to mod the files again next year, even if it's just directions on how to do it in a third party program with all the necessary legal disclaimers and asterisks.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #904
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Open Office ODB files have absolutely nothing to do with OOTP ODB files. They just happen to share file extension letters. It is only a coincidence nothing more. If you try it you will see that. If you don't try it yourownself you will just have to take my word on it. It is true. Really. Can't make this stuff up. You are the 179th person to make this ODB assumption. All 179 of you are wrong. As wrong as wrong can be in so far as wrongness can be quantified as an incorrectancy. Also not right. Plus worms and not carrots in your brains. That last one is from my grand daughter.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #905
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Open Office ODB files have absolutely nothing to do with OOTP ODB files. They just happen to share file extension letters. It is only a coincidence nothing more. If you try it you will see that. If you don't try it yourownself you will just have to take my word on it. It is true. Really. Can't make this stuff up. You are the 179th person to make this ODB assumption. All 179 of you are wrong. As wrong as wrong can be in so far as wrongness can be quantified as an incorrectancy. Also not right. Plus worms and not carrots in your brains. That last one is from my grand daughter.
Worms? Hmm, that explains at least half of my life so far.

But anyway, thanks for the info, because I spent 5 hrs this weekend and felt not smart.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #906
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Put the unsquished Spritze db in the Stats folder overwriting the inherent file. The game will then automagically use it.
when there are updates to the game (and database) from OOTP, will they over-write the Sprtize db we put into the stats folder? If so, we'd need to put it back after each update?

thanks for all your work. it IS appreciated.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #907
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
when there are updates to the game (and database) from OOTP, will they over-write the Sprtize db we put into the stats folder? YES If so, we'd need to put it back after each update? YES

thanks for all your work. it IS appreciated.
I think this will be a nice add.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #908
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

For some reason, the link you posted here does not work

I get a 404-page there.

Could you please check this ?

Thanks in advance !
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #909
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
For some reason, the link you posted here does not work

I get a 404-page there.

Could you please check this ?

Thanks in advance !

Dang ... was there yesterday but certainly isn't there today. Weird.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 07-13-2016 at 12:40 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #910
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b45ued2yd...OTP17.zip?dl=0

Last edited by Spritze; 07-13-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #911
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q2qd492fy...OTP17.zip?dl=0

Newest version with the accented name characters removed and the thusly created duplicate players removed.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 AM   #912
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey spritze,
Looking over the new ootp17 DB right now.
A couple of quick comments.
First I noticed that many players have their minor league totals listed as if they were major league totals, A good example is Smead Jolley, who winds up in the top 25 all time batters with a Monitor of 286 and 3337 hits. Or say a Perry Werden who listed as hits 42 and 45 home runs in 1894 and 95. Granted in the majors before he was a triples machine. The minor league stats of such players may need to be tweeked or noted as minor league.

Secondly, noticed that when many good players have early years added to their stats, they tend to be better than their first major league season. take ken griffey jr as an example. first real season 1989 he is listed with his .264 and 16 HR,however his two added seasons prior he hits 14 hr in just 182 AB and an average of 312. Perhaps this was done to temper a good player with some poor seasons at the end of his career.

Thirdly thought some of the negro players in old DB 14 or so were a bit under rated, now I find them a touch over rated- it makes 1920's negro players far better than say Willie Mays or Hank Aaron when more likely they would be more equal.

Just a couple of things I noticed and wanted to pass along. I know this has been a massive work in your life over the years, so not criticism just things I noticed.

Last edited by sprague; 07-19-2016 at 04:36 AM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #913
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
First I noticed that many players have their minor league totals listed as if they were major league totals, A good example is Smead Jolley, who winds up in the top 25 all time batters with a Monitor of 286 and 3337 hits. Or say a Perry Werden who listed as hits 42 and 45 home runs in 1894 and 95. Granted in the majors before he was a triples machine. The minor league stats of such players may need to be tweeked or noted as minor league.
By design. These are MLE equivalents not minor league stats. The MLE formulas have not changed in a few years but with the additional negro league players the context has. Plus HR's in the 1890's were more of the inside the park variety and not over the fence.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:46 AM   #914
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Hey spritze,
Secondly, noticed that when many good players have early years added to their stats, they tend to be better than their first major league season. take ken griffey jr as an example. first real season 1989 he is listed with his .264 and 16 HR,however his two added seasons prior he hits 14 hr in just 182 AB and an average of 312. Perhaps this was done to temper a good player with some poor seasons at the end of his career.
Players are only compared to other future major leaguers on their minor league teams which means Griffey is only currently compared to Griffey for his first 2 years. The added seasons are his minor league career MLE's. They do look high to me though as he is only 17 and 18 in those years so I will investigate further.

I increased the MLB age penalty for 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old minor league players.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-19-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #915
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Hey spritze,
Thirdly thought some of the negro players in old DB 14 or so were a bit under rated, now I find them a touch over rated- it makes 1920's negro players far better than say Willie Mays or Hank Aaron when more likely they would be more equal.
In my test leagues Oscar Charleston is a Willie Mays type with a scooch less power. Josh Gibson is a slugger of Ruthian proportions. Satchel Paige is a top notch pitcher most years but he has his ups and downs as most pitchers do. I just let the stats take players where they will since no one really knows how negro leaguers would have done in the MLB.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #916
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
By design. These are MLE equivalents not minor league stats. The MLE formulas have not changed in a few years but with the additional negro league players the context has. Plus HR's in the 1890's were more of the inside the park variety and not over the fence.
Thanks for your responses...but I was meaning more of how players minor league totals are viewed by the game as major league totals. For example see the 2015 total import, and the single season home run leaders. Almost all of them were from players who hit those numbers in minor league seasons, as such their is not really ML equivalents listed, instead the minor league seasons are being read as major league seasons by the game.
Granted certain minor league players would have been very good ML players if given a chance, but I don't really think players like Buaman should import with 72 or Hauser with 69 for example.
Attached Images

Last edited by sprague; 07-19-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #917
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

There are no minor leagues in the Spritze database. All the stats are MLB or MLE. Until OOTP17 minor leagues did not really exist in game. The only reason I made a new Spritze database was because 1a) OOTP17 minor leagues don't work well yet and 2b) to include the Negro, Japanese and Korean players.

If you use real stats you get real, if you use neutered stats this leaderboard should be a little bit different.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #918
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35 View Post
Spritze, when will the MLB only db be ready, and how do feeder leagues work, will they be filled from your db? How many do you suggest?
This is a complete guess. I have never tried it and it could blow up your league for all I know.

1. Disable all importing and player creation in your Major League
2. Create duplicate historical league with same settings
3. Delete all players and history in new league and create new teams (base # of teams on avg db draft class).
4. Set new league as feeder for your Major League.

This is just something I came up with in five minutes without much thought. You might have to experiment a little. I would back up each experiment for tweaking minor things. If you try it let us know how it works out.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #919
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
There are no minor leagues in the Spritze database. All the stats are MLB or MLE. Until OOTP17 minor leagues did not really exist in game. The only reason I made a new Spritze database was because 1a) OOTP17 minor leagues don't work well yet and 2b) to include the Negro, Japanese and Korean players.

If you use real stats you get real, if you use neutered stats this leaderboard should be a little bit different.
That list was with neutralized stats. There seems to be almost no difference for all players. Why i posted.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #920
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
That list was with neutralized stats. There seems to be almost no difference for all players. Why i posted.
Fixing this now. I noticed that as well. The player age component had been severely limited. I must have been testing something and forgot to change it back.

It is now back on.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-19-2016 at 10:22 PM.