Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:45 PM   #161
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I would say this LAL v Hou game is the worst officiated game I've seen this year. But it seems I wind up saying that every time I watch the NBA.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:04 AM   #162
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I would say this LAL v Hou game is the worst officiated game I've seen this year.
I did not see that game nor hear anything about it other than the result. However, I completely agree because...

Quote:
But it seems I wind up saying that every time I watch the NBA.
... I, too, think the same thing after watching just about any NBA game. Even the Celtics blowout of the Lakers earlier tonight was poorly officiated.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #163
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I was genuinely feeling excitement last night during that fourth quarter when Zion heated up.
He did look tentative and not game fit which makes sense since he has not played a meaningful game since early October.
I was also a bit surprised at how tentative he looks on defense.
Almost every NBA rookie is a bad defender. But at Duke he would contest almost every shot and had a good number of blocked shots for someone who is 6'5.
It was just one game, but he looked lost at times. But that could in large part be due to rust and being a rookie.
And the jump from NCAA to NBA is massive. The athleticism and passing is just so much better than it takes dozens of games to get used to.

But that fourth quarter was just so damn exciting. You can instantly tell he has been working with professional level coaches on his shot.
It looks so much better from his HS and Duke days. He is confident, has a good release and steps into the shot.
If teams are going to lay off him then he will have lots of opportunities to take wide open and semi open threes.

Around the rim he looked good but very rusty. I think in the back of his mind he still has to be worried on his knee. I think any athlete would be.
If his health holds up then in 10-15 games some of those drives we saw last night will end with him taking off from just outside the restricted area and dunking on someone.

And I really don't see an issue with his weight. Everyone has their own unique body type and for someone his height he seems to carry his weight well. He is a mountain just looking at his arms and legs and torso.

I am glad he came back this season and I am really looking forward to the second half of the season.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #164
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #165
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Magical night in MSG. I don't know what Crowder expected.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #166
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Marcus Morris is a walking ejection
Old 01-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #167
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I would say this LAL v Hou game is the worst officiated game I've seen this year. But it seems I wind up saying that every time I watch the NBA.
That sounds like a British soccer fan. Every game they attend is officiated by the worst referee they've ever seen in their lives and most of them have been attending games for 50 years or thereabouts.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #168
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

The All-Star game is getting some scoring changes and the winner of each quarter and the game itself will have money donated to a charity of the captains choice.
I don't think we will see a real game break out, but this could be a move towards making the game a bit more competitive.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #169
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
That sounds like a British soccer fan. Every game they attend is officiated by the worst referee they've ever seen in their lives and most of them have been attending games for 50 years or thereabouts.
Actually until the EPL came about and especially the last contract the EPL signed with broadcasters, refereeing was very rarely frowned upon. However the last handful of seasons referees put their priorities in order of image over officiating the game.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:09 AM   #170
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

I have been watching a LOT of NBA this year..far more than in other years. I LIKE the way the game is played.

This is coming from my perspective. I had a little Kobe in me, when I played. My last year of organized basketball, the year I retired from the Air Force, I was 27 for 60 from downtown...45%. Not bad for a 39 year old.

I still play, despite being retired and on social security. I can't "D" much..but I still have the shot. I believe that I have made more shots than anyone I play with has ever taken.
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:52 PM   #171
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
I have been watching a LOT of NBA this year..far more than in other years. I LIKE the way the game is played.

This is coming from my perspective. I had a little Kobe in me, when I played. My last year of organized basketball, the year I retired from the Air Force, I was 27 for 60 from downtown...45%. Not bad for a 39 year old.

I still play, despite being retired and on social security. I can't "D" much..but I still have the shot. I believe that I have made more shots than anyone I play with has ever taken.
Oh, I envy you. I never was any good at basketball. But I really recognize the need to keep active, for health reasons. If there was a men's soccer league for the 60-plus age group in my area I definitely would join, because I absolutely love soccer.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:57 PM   #172
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Watching the Bucks at Pelicans game tonight (Feb 4), I couldn't help but notice how many empty seats there were. There are often fewer empties here in Cleveland for my Cavs during the dead of winter!

How can there be empty seats when you have players like Giannis and Zion and the Lopez Brothers and JJ Reddick on he court? New Orleans was way down by the end of the 4th quarter, but with 3 minutes to go the place was emptying out very quickly. I was surprised. Yes, I know it's a Tuesday in February, but you've got Zion vs Giannis! Oh well.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 02-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #173
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Watching the Bucks at Pelicans game tonight (Feb 4), I couldn't help but notice how many empty seats there were. There are often fewer empties here in Cleveland for my Cavs during the dead of winter!

How can there be empty seats when you have players like Giannis and Zion and the Lopez Brothers and JJ Reddick on he court? New Orleans was way down by the end of the 4th quarter, but with 3 minutes to go the place was emptying out very quickly. I was surprised. Yes, I know it's a Tuesday in February, but you've got Zion vs Giannis! Oh well.
Attendance and finances have been an issue in New Orleans for a while now.
If things do not improve it would not surprise me if the team moved.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #174
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

And never change Knicks
Never change
Old 02-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #175
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Warriors trade DeAngelo Russell to the T-Wolves.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 02-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #176
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Marcus Morris to the Clips. Man, LAC has a lot of tools in the shed.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 02-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #177
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing that has bothered me about NBA officiating for a long time is the tendency to call a foul on the defensive player even when the offensive player has gone out of his way to initiate contact. James Harden benefits greatly from this, and I find it difficult to watch the Rockets for that reason.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #178
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

What the hell is Cleveland doing? So baffling
Old 02-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #179
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post