Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Season 40 (2058) - Discussion Thread

Who's idea was this again??? Frogs, of course, skate in their lonesomeness in the other conference. Thunder is stuck with the rest of us in NC.
Attached Images

Last edited by pappyzan; 12-23-2019 at 10:03 AM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

So glad last week is over. This week looks much more promising for the Totallers who are in a competitive division this week, unlike last week.

In addition, we sold 97 Guidry for over 38k and finished off two of the Indians missions, nearly closing out several more in ever pursuit of the Perfect Lou B. We added Bob Lemon and we'll see how he does in replace of Guidry for awhile.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Magus978
All Star Starter

11-time champions Santa Maria Ghost Riders are in my division. Guess this isn't my week either.

*sigh* This is getting very old. Would be nice to get some favorable league placement for a change.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 12-23-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Who's idea was this again??? Frogs, of course, skate in their lonesomeness in the other conference. Thunder is stuck with the rest of us in NC.

Well... This is going to be interesting.

So here are the win totals of the top 4 teams in our division last year:
Raccoons: 131 (easy league - around 120 in normal league)
LyinCheatin Senators: 117
Red Raiders: 133
Southpaws: 110

One of us in this group won't be making the playoffs. The last time we were in a division of death, while it wasn't quite like this (though the 5th team was stronger in that division), we finished with only 101 W and that took 163 games to achieve. Of course, we did win the WS that year.

And what's up with them Frogs hiding in that other conference? Cowards!

Nice to see Tassie made in too! After asking, I went to bed and didn't get to add you as a friend so I guess it's only necessary to have at least one other add someone.

Tassie was in that division with us that one year where all 5 teams were very strong, so they escaped the division of doom this time. Why do I have a feeling that the Raccoons might be the odd man out this year? I guess that could be my reward for suggesting this?

Some of these OL teams look pretty tough so this will definitely be challenging. Good luck to all, we're going to need it.

Last edited by old timer; 12-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Well... This is going to be interesting.

So here are the win totals of the top 4 teams in our division last year:
Raccoons: 131 (easy league - around 120 in normal league)
LyinCheatin Senators: 117
Red Raiders: 133
Southpaws: 110

One of us in this group won't be making the playoffs. The last time we were in a division of death, while it wasn't quite like this (though the 5th team was stronger in that division), we finished with only 101 W and that took 163 games to achieve. Of course, we did win the WS that year.

And what's up with them Frogs hiding in that other conference? Cowards!

Nice to see Tassie made in too! After asking, I went to bed and didn't get to add you as a friend so I guess it's only necessary to have at least one other add someone.

Some of these OL teams look pretty tough so this will definitely be challenging. Good luck to all, we're going to need it.
And it was a three way tie at the top of that division come seasons end as well, with a dubious tiebreak system to seperate us. Great season

Last edited by Jackgoboom; 12-23-2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: cant spell
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
And it was a three way tie at the top of that division come seasons end as well, with a dubious tiebreak system to separate us. Great season

I agree, that was a great season. I think that was the season where the wrong teams were chosen as home teams in the playoffs that year which might be why Denver got cheated and had to play that 1st game with you guys.

I just counted and found that there are 57 perfect titles in this league. Not too shabby!
Old 12-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #7
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I agree, that was a great season. I think that was the season where the wrong teams were chosen as home teams in the playoffs that year which might be why Denver got cheated and had to play that 1st game with you guys.

I just counted and found that there are 57 perfect titles in this league. Not too shabby!
There are some really interesting, funky stadium setups as well. Should be fun to see how this develops. I wish to claim underdog status as a third of my roster is still gold
Old 12-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Also I want it to be known that my two red ink seasons have asterisks next to them. I was experimenting with low cards in preparation for the tournaments. Which didn't arrive until much, much later. Just so you know and to make me feel my research wasn't wasted, low pitchers do not work at the higher levels. Shocking I know. Who would have picked that
Old 12-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #9
old timer
Hall Of Famer

By May 5th, we will have played:
9 G vs Southpaws
6 vs LyinCheatin Senators
3 vs Tassie
7 vs Red Raiders

That's most of our early schedule right there.

And some of those other teams we play can be pretty tough too and even the weaker teams aren't too shabby. For example, Harlem may not be strong, but they have perfect Walter who can practically win a game by himself.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #10
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Hahaha! We got placed with the OL folks. OK, then. I wonder if any of us had any of them friended, or vice versa. Or through intermediary teams. Personally, I had never used the friend's list until yesterday. Maybe the game just saw Group 1 of size X and Group 2 of size Y and said, yep, X+Y < 30 so it's a fit!

Should be a good test for them and for the "old timer 5."

If I would've known we'd get placed like this, I probably wouldn't have gone with the RHB-mashing setup that I have right now (and leaving many of my bestest cards benched, someone call the tanking police quickly!). Although I imagine a lot of these OL teams will be running lefty cheese strategy, so it might help differentiate my team from theirs.

Good luck to the OL folks and to the old timer 5!

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 12-23-2019 at 01:39 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #11
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Belfast is in trouble this season... one is a run scoring machine who wins championships, one is a pitching machine who wins championships and one is Belfast.

Going to be a tough season...

/cry

Already have two loses this season, one was a walk off HR in the 19th inning and the other a walk off HR in the 10th.

/cry
Attached Images
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #12
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Well great start. Swept by the LyinCheatin fellas. We have been exposed as pretenders
Old 12-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #13
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
That’s a brutal division. I’m looking forward to following this league this season.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #14
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Another week of dismal historical packs, another week of tens of thousands of PP destroyed and wiped out. Mildly peed, to make an understatement.

Only the Accoutants have new personnel from last Opening Day, with Seaver, Messersmith, Ruffing having been added on the pitching side.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #15
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

RNG all sour with very little sweet so far.
Attached Images
Image Image 
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #16
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P466: It Sounded Good at the Time...

So, the Huntley Red Raiders have won 6 Perfect League championships. That's a lot! That's more than many teams will ever win! I'm constantly amazed we've had that much success in PT 2.0.

It's also, as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, only good enough for fifth most in all of P466...fourth most in just the P466 NC...and only third most in the 5-team P466 NC East.

Huntley last missed the Perfect League playoffs in 2027. That's 30 straight PL playoff appearances.

But, you know, all good things...

(Seriously, though, this is going to be one heck of a week; I kind of don't want to watch and also can't wait to see the massive drama!)

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:20 PM   #17
Magus978
All Star Starter

Good news...the Steelport Saints have rocketed out of the gate with a 15-3 start.

Bad news...the team directly ahead of them, the Santa Maria Ghost Riders...are 15-2.

We may end up being the greatest wildcard to ever do wildcard things.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:06 AM   #18
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P466: This Is Not Going to Be Easy

Standings at the end of day 1...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:06 AM   #19
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Standings at the end of day 1...
You see, this is what is wrong with the modern world. You friend a bunch of new people and you get kicked in the teeth.

When a team based on pitching and defence, cant field and is getting smashed all over the park, there isn't a lot left. My only solace is that the last time we were .500 we actually somehow won the league.

Who's idea was this again? Because I absolutely take no responsibility for my own decisions.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:07 AM   #20
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
RNG all sour with very little sweet so far.
Where was this when you smashed me?