Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #81
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Play FOF8. You'll see what I mean. Top 5 wideouts aren't top five wideouts and that annoys me, to see Antonio Brown or DeAndre Hopkins not performing as well as Donte Moncrief makes no sense whatsoever to the average football fan.
After watching Montcrief in the Steelers' first game, he definitely should not be one of the best receivers. Perhaps 101st best receiver, but not one of the best.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #82
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirotka33 View Post
front office football uses an x-factor system that is designed to roll ratings for each player that are within a range each time you start a new game. full x-factor on means these are roll swing harder than when it is off, but at no point is there a new game that will start with static ratings like ootp does.

whether this is good or not is up to each individual person to decide, but people should know why you are seeing variance in ratings in the first place.
It's a good idea and I like it, but I do prefer the idea of choosing to play with a team like the Chiefs because I am excited about the idea of playing with Mahomes instead of a possibility of him not being as good as he is in real life. (though that is subjective, aside from stats.)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:21 PM   #83
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

It's possible that one of the reasons for the X-factor was due to the developer's resources. OOTP should help with that if that was in fact a reason...guess it could also of been a way to make each new game different. Regardless, X-Factor in FOF could always be turned off or on at the start of a game, so doubt that will change.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 PM   #84
sirotka33
Bat Boy

xfactor could be toned down, never turned off.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #85
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

I know licensing for the NFL will probably never happen but possible licensing and addition of things such as The Spring League?
Old 10-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #86
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

If they can get licensing for MLB and NHL, they should be able to get it for NFL. Make things a lot simpler. 2K had rights for MLB and OOTP is licensed by MLB. Just do the same with EA. This game is no threat to them. In addition, they should do an NBA game. That would be cool.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #87
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
If they can get licensing for MLB and NHL, they should be able to get it for NFL. Make things a lot simpler. 2K had rights for MLB and OOTP is licensed by MLB. Just do the same with EA. This game is no threat to them. In addition, they should do an NBA game. That would be cool.
I don't think it really matters. I know that it will take a lot to thaw the licensing from the hands of EA even a little bit.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #88
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
zero chance EA gives up the NFL license. None.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #89
frankinho
Bat Boy

FOF will not be a competing product with Madden so potentially licensing is possible as was the case with both NHL and MLB. Even if its not though its a non issue as long as we can edit and customize everything.

Last edited by frankinho; 10-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #90
skinsfan55
Bat Boy

While a license would be great for a lot of fans, when I play a sim league I vastly prefer randomly generated players anyway. It's more fun IMO to have your own league develop legendary players.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #91
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan55 View Post
While a license would be great for a lot of fans, when I play a sim league I vastly prefer randomly generated players anyway. It's more fun IMO to have your own league develop legendary players.
In OOTP, you can do that and/or play with real teams and players. I just want to play NFL and create an expansion team just like I did in OOTP. The things you can do in OOTP is endless. I like your point, but for me, I like playing with the NFL so I can draft players that could potentially become the greatest in NFL history. I mean how cool would it be if someone playing the game discovered an amazing RB in the 6th round that turns out to be better than Barry Sanders. Talk about neat. Of course, this is my opinion and how I play OOTP.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #92
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
FBPro 98 was the best of many good games of football. It's hard to believe none of the games developed since then have been equal let alone better.

Ditto for XOR's NFL Challenge from the 80's.
You can still download a freeware copy that works on Windows 10 over here http://forums.gmgames.org/files/file...-football-pro/
Old 11-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #93
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho View Post
FOF will not be a competing product with Madden so potentially licensing is possible as was the case with both NHL and MLB. Even if its not though its a non issue as long as we can edit and customize everything.
I understand but EA could see it as threatening their sim community or EA just doesn't want to allow the precedence of allowing people to use the license.

It doesn't matter anyway, if this game is as influenced by OOTP as they say it will be, we'll have full real player databases with real teams and real logos and uniforms. The way it used to be, basically.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #94
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I must've checked this forum every day for 4 or 5 months. I just went a whole week without checking this place once. Honestly I'm proud of that. I hope the game comes out one day but I've relegated my hopes to be just dreams for now considering there hasn't even been so much as a screenshot in a year and a half since the announcement and 2+ years going back to the estimated start time of this project in June of 2017.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #95
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

I am getting anxious for another update too. I would love to know what is going on, when I should check back, and the general timeframe of their expected release. I understand that plans can change due to unforeseen obstacles. It’s just nice to know something about this project.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #96
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

This will probably sound selfish, but they could take a break from one of their other games, if they are short staffed. I mean, everyone has gone 2 years without a football game. Someone could go one year or later in the year without hockey or baseball. Just my opinion.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #97
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
This will probably sound selfish, but they could take a break from one of their other games, if they are short staffed. I mean, everyone has gone 2 years without a football game. Someone could go one year or later in the year without hockey or baseball. Just my opinion.
Or they could take it easier on perfect team... the FHM team is different from the OOTP team I believe. The reason that the focus on FOF went down is Perfect Team. Gindin himself said, he doesn't do anything but supervise here, its all OOTP.

Last edited by campinginalaska; 11-07-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #98
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Gindin himself said, he doesn't do anything but supervise here, its all OOTP.
Where did you find this? In the update Jim wrote he had to "shoulder some blame too" there was more he could be doing with gui, getting elements onto pages and he also had some personal issues to take care of too.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #99
jetpunk2000
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Where did you find this? In the update Jim wrote he had to "shoulder some blame too" there was more he could be doing with gui, getting elements onto pages and he also had some personal issues to take care of too.
Yea that doesn’t sound like jim at all. There is no way he’s in a supervisory role. If anything Marcus/OOTP are in a supervisory role.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #100
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:

Been thinking the exact thing too. They need to shift resources. It really appears that Perfect Game has either, slowed football down drastically or perhaps even killed this project.