Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:49 PM   #1
Obechkinsbuddy
Minors (Single A)

The reds are an OOTP dream

I’m playing with the reds simply because they are closest to my house although I’m a braves fan but I like to play with a poor team to try to win titles it’s just more rewarding. They literally have SO many expiring contracts year one got rid of homer baileys deal all they have is Vottos deal which is still a headache for a smaller market. Have a couple good deals like the Suarez team friendly deal. Overall most teams have bad contracts so I can handle one and it’s only 8/10 bad. This one should be fun. One season and you basically have your own team from scratch.
Obechkinsbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Ironically, they made the World Series in my first season sim. Nick Senzel and Jesse Winker turned into baseball gods and a good farm system to supplement them. Pitching staff was just good enough to get by, no real ace but all were above average starters.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

votto should be able to earn that contract for a majority of the remaining years also.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Strick9
Minors (Single A)

I actually took over the Reds on my YouTube channel last year with OOTP 19 (Strick9 GP is my channel if you’re interested) and made the wild card that first year and was in the playoffs regularly. I won a World Series in 2022 and another 5 years later.
I played as GM only, hired Joe Girardi as manager, then just relied on the Reds farm system for the rest. I released Homer Bailey and ate his contract, which you don’t have to do this year, so even with the Votto contract there’s a lot to like about this team’s future. Good luck with the team.
Strick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
afcchamp88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First pitch of MLB debut.

Started the season dropping 2 of 3 to the Pirates, though. :-\
Attached Images
afcchamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote