Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quick question regarding Comissionner mode - Contract extensions

Hi,

It's not a big deal, but i've noticed in the new roster update that the contract extensions that were given in real life has been added to the contract extension section within the contract tab... which make sense. (ex Calle Rosen (Toronto)).

However, when I want to add an extension thru the edit section, the only place I found is the main contract so it does appear as if it's the same original contract, therefore it affects the cap hit for the lenth of the contract. Is there anyway in the edit screen I can add a new extension without adding it to actual contract? (ex: Robert Bortuzzo)

Also noticed that if I go in edit, the extension for Calle Rosen does not appear in the contract section. which makes me think I can't.

If no, is this Something that could be easily added to the game? (Maybe some kind of a check box for extension?)

Last edited by Gagnonp23; 01-02-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Also, I noticed that couple of NHLers that were released this year are in free agents while they are now playing in europe.

Tomas Plekanec - Rytiri Kladno
Martin Bakos - HK Sotchi
Sergei Shumakov - Avangard Omsk
Eric Martinsson - Genève-Servette (his rights should be removed from Minnesota) (there are few other guys the were removed but rights are still with their previous NHL that just released them)
Jordan Maletta is still with Rockford IceDogs, but he actually retired and is now an Asst Coach for Niagara IceDogs (OHL)… anyway I can switch him to staff? https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jordan-maletta

Another questions still within comissionner mode… in Edit, league rights.. what is the diffrence between None and Free?
Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

A couple of those were missed, and a couple of moves were too late for the last roster update deadline. They'll be in the next update. I'm not sure what happened with Plekanec, I remember seeing him on the Kladno roster when I checked on the Czech update, but for some reason now he's set as a free agent in the datbase. I'll put him back.

The Rosen extension is in, though. If you start a new game with the current database, look at the contract tab on his player screen, it's in the "Renewed Contract Details" section below the current contract one.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

For Rosen, yes I know it’s in. That is actually my point. You guys can put the extension within the extension section, while if I do the extension for Bortuzzo for exemple, I can only add it to his current contract and can’t put it as an extension unless I missed something.

So my question is, is that something possible to do but I just didn’t figure it out or is this something we could be able to do in a future update as it f I add the extension within the current contract, it affects the player’s cap hit

Also in player rights, what is the difference between None and free? Does it affects anything if I put one over the other?

Last edited by Gagnonp23; 01-03-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, the extensions aren't editable at the moment, I think there'll be some issues making them editable with the way they're structured in the database. In this case, the best thing to do is probably to manually add the years to Bortuzzo's current contract, then on July 1 go in and adjust/recalc the cap hit so it's the correct amount for the new deal.

None in player rights means the player can't be signed by any team in that league, e.g. a player who hasn't gone through the draft yet. Free is an unrestricted free agent than can sign with any team in the league.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #6
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

If I put None, will it remain forever (or until I change it) or something could happen (like KHL contract expiring) that could make it become as free on it’s own.

By the way, thanks Jeff for putting all the time to answer my questions. I’ve asked quite a lot of stuff recently. When I get into something, I like to fully understand the structure so I can enjoy it better afterward.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:32 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

If it's none, it'll only change if the player goes through a draft in that league (i.e., is still young enough to be eligible for a future draft.) If he's, say, 25 and you set it to None for that league, he'll never be signable for them.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

And for Jordan Maletta.. is it possible for me to switch him to staff or it needs to go thru you guys?
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

He can't really be switched to a staff job, they're entirely separate record types - what you could do is just retire him and copy his biographical data to an unemployed free agent coach. (He is staff in the new update, though.)