Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-27-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

On Line Dynasty League

I wanted to do something unique and try to leverage the advantages of playing OOTP on line. There have been lots of great dynasty threads thru the years. There are also several online leagues which have nice dialogs and reports on the unique elements of the league. These are usually only available to the league participants.

Surveys have shown that most of the on-line league activity is about current MLB. Even these turn to fantasy leagues as the current players retire. The same data shows there is a high instance turnover and league folding.

What if there was a community on-line league which served many objectives. In this case, the ability to report on a variety of dynasty ideas. Create a dynasty on a team or a state or a league, whatever. It is a league to immerse oneself as it will only sim a couple of days a week. There will always be games being played 12 months a year. Find what you like and report on the forums and the web site. A couple of unique leagues to follow would be the Michigan Rookie league for all the top rookies drafted, and the USBA Winter league for potential top prospects and future stars. Both of those leagues have one team for each ML team making them excellent predictors of the future. Might make a good dynasty report.

So that is the concept here. A dynasty report based upon a real running on-line league. I'll put more details on the on-line league for those wishing to participate. Many options exist. The league will start here as a coupe of seasons need to be run before the on-line league goes live.

Next up is the league definition.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

On-line Dynasty - the United States Baseball Association

(yes I know the league name is not unique)

Background

At the end of WWII, communism was threatening our way of life. Baseball’s first commissioner, Kennesaw Mountain Landis, had passed away and new leadership was needed. Albert Benjamin “Happy” Chandler Sr. was persuaded to leave the Senate to become baseball’s second commissioner. While Chandler’s most significant achievement was the integration of baseball through the approval of the Jackie Robinson contract, his other achievement was also significant.

Commissioner Chandler’s congressional background had made him aware of the various levels of infiltration into the American way of life by communism. He could still see the influence of gambling on the sport, suspending Leo Durocher for his gambling associations. Determined not to let communism get a hold on baseball, Chandler mandated a massive expansion program for baseball. His vision was to have baseball be the fabric of America.

Under his direction, baseball expanded across the country. First, no franchise would be eliminated. Second, every state was to have at least 1 major league team, including territories Alaska and Puerto Rico. He was also successful in getting Hawaii to join. Thru his connections in congress he was able to get passed legislation that if a school offered a sports program it must include baseball.

His vision was successful and the result was the United States Baseball Association (USBA). This is a 64 team league, with a full minor league system and a full American feeder system, including full NCAA Div 1,2,3 and one high school league per state.

Unique elements

The league contains my American Feeder system. Thus it has a very large pool of players coming into the league. I also have developed a system that will allow the high school players to proceed on to college. Thus you may see up to 8 seasons of feeder statistics. Players are created as 15 year olds starting as HS freshmen.

The other special element in the USBA is the fact that various challenges and benefits are provided to players. If you want the challenge of a small market team, there are eight of them in the league. Additionally, each team has a unique pair of attributes. One is financial and one is developmental.

The financial benefits are

1. Market size – a team is provided with a larger market size than normal. (This is obviously not provided to the small market challenge teams)

2. Park size adjustment- This team will have a larger park capacity than normal.

3. Local Media – This team will get larger local media revenue than normal.

4. Merchandise – This team will receive larger merchandise revenue than normal.

5. Fan Loyalty – This team will have higher fan loyalty the normal.

6. Fan Interest – This team will have limits as to how low the fan interest can go.

7. Season Tickets – This team will have higher number of season tickets sold each season.

8. Caribbean – This team will be able to select an international free agent prior to the FA process. The player must come from a Caribbean Island. The team will be charged the signing fee, but it will not come from their International FA budget, so they can still bid on others. It will not be affected by their overspending.

The developmental benefits are

1. Contact – The team is known for developing players who are good at getting the bat on the ball.

2. Patience – The team is known for teaching strike zone discipline.

3. Power – The team is known for developing power hitters

4. K – The team is know for developing power pitchers

5. Finesse – The team is known for developing pitchers with good control to work the corners.

6. Groundballers – The team is known for developing groundball pitchers.

7. Defense – The team is known for developing fundamentally sound defensive players.

8. INJ Prevention – The team is associated with the National Center on Fitness. They are constantly developing better training programs which produce fewer injuries.

This league utilizes my American Feeder system. A special note of appreciation for all the uni and logo projects which really help enhance this community. I have leveraged the Cities and Nickname projects, the historical project as well as other images. I will continue to include the excellent work on the HS uni project. I can't find the original work but the Michigan Rookie league was taken from a Michigan universe developed 10 years ago. I have also leveraged stealofhome's excellent work on creating new players.

This community leveraged effort has 104 leagues, 3019 teams and 72,992 players.

We should have fun describing it.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 06-27-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

This is something Bill has been working on for a while. I believe he lost a file build of this once. He's put a lot of work in, and one look at the file makes that evident.

I've been in 5 leagues with Bill. 4 where he was commissioner, and he's been in mine. He was one of the first commissioners to welcome me to the OOTP community back in 2007. He knows the game and has great ideas. I've joined up to represent New Jersey, and I urge any serious OOTPer that knows that a fictional league is the only true test of a GM to jump in.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #4
stevem810
All Star Starter

There is a lot to like and appreciate here.

This baseball world will encompass so many of the components that we associate with baseball, at diverse levels of play. To me, this seems more like a league that is about enjoyment with less emphasis on winning a title, more on appreciating just being a part in it. It's exciting to think about observing the evolution of all these different parts, yet at a pace that is relaxed to the point that you can study what is going on at the moment. Seems perfect for those who enjoy and appreciate immersion.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Season 1 starts

1 Jan, 2017

The start of season 1. As I indicated each team has a unique set of attributes. These attributes were listed in the overview. Below is the attributes by team.

OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 04-05-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Top Prospects

Normally this time of year will see the Winter League races winding up and the Winter League Playoffs. However, in season 1 it is quiet until the NCAA starts next month.

We started with a draft (all AI) and here is the initial hot prospect list.

If it is to be believed then Chattanooga had a good draft for the future.

Top 100 Prospects List Published
Sunday, January 1st, 2017
The season is about to start, so it's time to publish the annual Top 100 Prospects list. This year 20-year-old RHP Kevin Kramer of the Jackson Generals is the #1 prospect overall.

Here is the top 10:
1) RHP Kevin Kramer, 20, Jackson Generals
2) 1B Júlio Flores, 23, Cincinnati Reds
3) CF Ed Crowe, 24, New York Mets
4) LHP Jim Callan, 23, Chattanooga Lookouts
5) 1B Ed Moore, 21, Pittsburgh Pirates
6) 1B Lee Fairchild, 21, Birmingham Barons
7) C Johnny Miller, 20, Cheyenne Chiefs
8) 3B Phil Bledsoe, 21, Richmond Virginians
9) RHP Raúl Becerra, 24, New Orleans Zephyrs
10) LF Jorge Morales, 21, Chattanooga Lookouts
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 06-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Season opener sets record

This was Florida's opening game of the season.

Gators Koziol Strikes out 20 Tribe
Florida Gators starter Ellsworth Koziol brought his best stuff to Gators Ballpark today against the William and Mary Tribe, striking out 20 batters in his club's 10-2 victory.

In a strong performance, the 22-year-old Koziol gave up 9 hits in his 9 innings of work and issued 1 walk.

"I felt good out there," he said after the game. "My fastball had a lot of life and my curveball was sharp. It was giving hitters fits and working well for me."

Obviously all records are getting established since the universe is just starting, but having a 20K game in the season opener seemed a bit unique.

All 3 NCAA divisions are active. Auburn had a fast start at 4-0 sweeping George Washington.

Spring Training will start 21 days on 27 Feb.
High School action starts in early March.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 06-29-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #8
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

We have reached Spring training, so here is a look at the NCAA DI top 10 after a month worth of games.
At this point in time not a lot of conference games have been played.

Teams (Total Points, Tendency):
1) Miami(O) RedHawks (180.2, ++)
2) Iowa Hawkeyes (175.2, -)
3) Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (173.0, ++)
4) UNLV Rebels (173.0, ++)
5) Charleston Southern Buccaneers (166.3, ++)
6) Kansas State Wildcats (166.0, o)
7) North Dakota State Bison (163.3, ++)
8) Iona Gaels (162.0, ++)
9) George Mason Patriots (157.0, ++)
10) Seattle Redhawks (156.3, +)

And how nice is that the fames Slippery Rock is atop the rankings in Div II. Of course they are only 4-0.

1) Slippery Rock Rock (188.0, ++)
2) Findlay Oilers (186.0, ++)
3) Missouri-St Louis Tritons (182.0, ++)
4) North Georgia College and State Saints (173.2, --)
5) Drury Panthers (167.5, ++)
6) Lincoln Lions (165.3, ++)
7) Missouri ST Miners (165.3, ++)
8) Goldey-Beacom Lightning (164.3, ++)
9) Molloy Lions (164.3, ++)
10) Wayne State Warriors (163.3, ++)

And the Div III rankings are really soft since still a large number of teams haven't even started their season yet.

1) Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks (190.0, ++)
2) Alfred Saxons (188.0, -)
3) Concordia Chicago Cougars (188.0, ++)
4) Rutgers-Newark Scarlet Raiders (188.0, o)
5) Allegheny Gators (186.0, ++)
6) Rutgers-Camden Scarlet Raptors (186.0, ++)
7) Alma Scots (184.0, ++)
8) Alvernia Crusaders (184.0, ++)
9) Augsburg Auggies (184.0, ++)
10) Cairn Highlanders (184.0, ++)
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 06-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Senor Ellsworth Kozio of Florida is tied for 4th in strikeouts with 51 in 4 starts. He has thrown 31.2 innings and is 2-1 with a 4.83 ERA. 2 of his 4 starts have been complete games. Is surely on several shortlists for the coming draft.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 06-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #10
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

It is not often that you get marquis matchups in baseball, but this week was the exception as #2 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes travelled to Manhattan Kansas for a weekend series against #6 Kansas State Wildcats.

Game 1 featured Hawkeye freshman southpaw sensation Nathan Belcher (4-0) against Wildcat sophomore southpaw Anthony Burks (2-0).

Graves has 5 RBI in Hawkeyes Win
Iowa first baseman Johnny Graves had a 5-RBI game, which helped his team beat the Kansas State Wildcats, 14-5. The winner was Nathan Belcher, who threw 142 pitches over 9 innings. The left-hander was charged with 5 runs on 10 hits. Iowa is now 13-1, 2½ games up in the NCAA Big Ten Conference.

The game turned with two out in the top of the fourth when Graves hit a 2-run home run. It propelled the Hawkeyes into the lead, 3-1.

"I give credit to my teammates for this win. We got it done," Graves told the Iowa Today.

Kansas State struck first in the 2nd on a walk, error and sac fly. Hawkeye SS Gary Hendrix's solo homer in the 3rd tied it up. A wildcat error followed by 1B Johnny Graves 2 run shot gave the Hawkeye the lead in the 4th. A 5 run 5th set the rout in motion.

Game 2

6-3 Win by Hawkeyes Continues Hot Start
Getting a good performance from right fielder Trenton Self, the Iowa Hawkeyes defeated the Kansas State Wildcats, 6-3. Self went 2 for 4 with a home run and a walk, while adding 3 RBI and scoring once for the Hawkeyes. Jake Hull was the winning pitcher. Over 5 innings, he allowed 3 runs on 7 hits, with 1 walk and 5 strikeouts. Javier Trujillo closed the door for Iowa, picking up his 4th save of the year.

Self contributed when he hit a 2-run home run in the top of the sixth. Coming with one out and a runner on 1st, the home run proved to be critical to helping Iowa get the win.

"I'm just happy to help the team win," Self told the Iowa Today. Sophomore southpaw Jake Hull became the Hawkeyes 2nd 5-0 starter.

Game 3

Hicks Fans 10 as Iowa Thumps Kansas State, 13-1. Completes sweep.

At the rate they were hitting, the Iowa Hawkeyes hardly needed a gem from their starting pitcher. They got one anyway, pulling away from the Kansas State Wildcats in the 13-1 win. Hamilton Hicks took home player of the game honors for Iowa. The winning streak has now reached 4 games for the Hawkeyes.

Hicks, the winning pitcher, goes to 2-1 on the season. In 9 innings, the right-hander limited the opposition to 1 earned run on 3 hits, while recording 10 punch-out's. Hicks and the Hawkeyes were able to cruise to victory.

"We had that killer instinct," Hicks said after the game. Hicks was aided by 4 Hawkeye home runs.

Clearly Iowa ended the week back at the top spot in the rankings.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 06-30-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #11
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Big 10 Progress

We discussed Iowa's big series against Kansas State. The Hawkeyes then headed home to Bradley.

Hawkeyes Edge Braves, 6-5
Iowa third baseman Félix Torres picked up 3 ribbies while helping his team beat back the Bradley Braves, 6-5. The winner was Javier Trujillo in relief. His record improves to 1-0. Juan RamÃ*rez took the loss. Iowa has now won 5 games in a row.

With two out in the bottom of the seventh, Johnny Graves stroked a go-ahead run-scoring single. It was his 6th hit of the season and put Iowa in front, 6-5.

"I'm trying to keep it simple," said Graves. "Just do my job."

It made Iowa 16-1, as the got ready for the Big Ten weekend series with Purdue. Purdue came into the series on a 4 game winning streak.

Friday
Boilermakers Use Late-Game Magic to Beat Hawkeyes
Purdue right-hander Ron Simmons pitched his team to a shutout win, 3-0, over the Iowa Hawkeyes. The 4th-place Boilermakers have won 5 in a row.

Sean Peck made it 1-0, Purdue, in the top of the eighth when he hit a run-scoring double. It was a big at-bat in the Boilermakers win.

"We faced good pitching and still got it done," said Peck.

Saturday
6 Straight Wins for Boilermakers
The Purdue Boilermakers defeated the Iowa Hawkeyes, 6-3, in 12 innings. Dave Browning led the way, going 2-for-5 for Purdue. The win was credited to Aydan Shnairson in relief. His record improves to 3-3. Nathan Belcher took the loss. Purdue has now won 6 games in a row.

Late-game drama came in the top of the 12th inning. With two out and the bases loaded, the batter, Dave Browning, hit a 2-run single. It helped Purdue seize the win.

"Hitting, winning. It's just contagious," said Browning.

Sunday
Streaking Boilermakers Win Another One
Purdue starter Dan Thompson pitched effectively against the Iowa Hawkeyes at Ballpark of Iowa. The right-hander led his team to a 5-2 win. In 8.1 innings, Thompson surrendered 8 hits, while striking out 5 and walking 2. He allowed 2 runs. Alan Hicks earned his 1st save in 1 tries.

Brady Stroud contributed a productive at-bat in the top of the eighth. With the bases loaded, he drew a walk, driving in 1 run. It was one at-bat that helped Purdue get the win.

"I like the roll we're on right now," said Stroud after the game.

The wins continue to add up for Purdue, with the latest making it 7 in a row.

Which just goes to show records are nice, but conference play is rough.

Purdue looked to extend its streak by hosting Kent State (10th in the MAC) However,

Tuesday
Boilermakers Go Down to Defeat, 7-3
The Kent State Golden Flashes knocked off the Purdue Boilermakers, 7-3, at Boilermakers Ballpark. Tim Hull was named player of the game for Kent State. He hit 3 singles and 1 double, while driving in 1 runs. The 10th-place Golden Flashes are now 7-17, the Boilermakers 15-8.

Kent State shortstop Ted Nichols helped the Golden Flashes to the win. In the top of the third inning, the 20-year old shortstop stroked a 2-run single. For the game, Nichols went 2-4 with a double. He drove in 3 runs and scored once.

"Feels good to get the job done," Hull said after the game.

They returned to their winning ways the following day against Valparaiso, only to lose 2 of 3 at Ohio State (last in the Big 10) over the weekend.

So it is still Iowa by 2 games over Indiana in the Big Ten.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

High School report

As I indicated each state has a high school association as part of the feeder system. As we have been talking about Iowa lets take a high school there that everyone can relate to

First year manager Gabriel Pope has inherited a young Ottumwa Bulldogs team.

The veteran leadership his help by senior starting pitcher Trent Morrison

The Bulldogs are currently ranked second with a 5-1 record. They have won 5 in a row after dropping a tough 9-3 decision to Burlington, by allowing 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th to break a 3-3 tie.

3B Eddie Moody is one on the offensive starts hitting .512 with a HR and 6 RBIs. The Bulldogs are 1st in starters ERA, hits and steals.

However, sophomore RF Patrick Berger may be the best player on this team.

The sophomore was born in Davenport but moved to Ottumwa before starting school. At 6'2" 180 lbs, he has awesome power with a .320 ISO while hitting 320 with a .438 OBP.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #13
stevem810
All Star Starter

Michigan High School Player Watch

18 year old Joe Odom, from Bay City, Mi., is leading all of the Michigan High School pitchers in ERA. He is 4-0 for the Golden Eagles with a 1.62 ERA. The tall 6' 5" stocky RHP is gifted with top notch control and commands four pitches. Scouts are watching him closely.
Attached Images
Old 07-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #14
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Playoff time approaches

15 May, 2017

In early May the feeder leagues start looking at the playoffs.The NCAA divisions are all starting. Div I and Div III will have playoff games just to see who is in.

The high schools all have their last week of the season before starting the playoffs.

Ottumwa has battled all season to stay in the playoff hunt. With a week to go Coach Gaines has the Bulldogs tied for 2nd, two games behind front-running Bishop Heelan Crusaders. However they are tied with the Southest Polk Rams for that 2nd playoff spot and West Des Moines Valley Tigers are only a game further back.

Ottumwa currently rides a 5 game winning streak as the look to gain the second spot. But theirs is the toughest as they must play at West Des Moines Valley, host the North Scott Lancers, leaders in the other district, before closing out a home and home with Des Moines East.

Coach Gaines mantra of "one game at a time" will be important down the stretch.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 07-06-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #15
stevem810
All Star Starter

Michigan High School Player Watch #2

Tim Skull is a guy that many franchises are beginning to track. He played his high school in Dearborn for Edsel Ford T-Birds.

He will likely be a high contact hitter with gap and home run power that does not miss the ball very often. While he may need to learn patience for OBP, some hitters are born slashers who can hit anything in the vicinity of the strike zone. Skull may be that type of player.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
stevem810
All Star Starter

Tracking Tricket

At what age is it too early to follow a prospect? You are right, there is no age as some players merit an early radar watch. Mark Trinket might fit into that category based on the tremendous power potential of this 16 year old Michigan High School player from Sterling Heights.

You may remember his father played some AA ball in 90's and was a pretty fair third basemen. Mark launched 18 big flies for the Trenton Trojans this past season. At 6' 5" and 210 LBS., don't be surprised if he doesn't earn the nickname 'The Beast'. All eyes on Tricket, at least for now.
Attached Images
Old 07-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #17
stevem810
All Star Starter

15 year old Sherwood McNeal

It was early spring of 2017 when Sherwood McNeal first caught my eye. I was visiting a friend of mine in the Dearborn area and had some time before my next appointment. I decided to take in the Crestwood vs Bishop Foley high school game. It was a damp, chilly day with gusting winds blowing in from center field. The last thing I anticipated was offense.

McNeal brought the crowd alive that day as he went 6 for 6 scoring 3 runs. I figured ok, a nice little singles hitter who makes good contact.

The next day I followed the team to the home of the Buchanan Bucks. Sherwood's hits were cut in half, as he went 3 for 4. His 3 hits? All bombs that left the park. One to left, one to right, and then, almost to punctuate his raw ability, he blasted a 3/2 pitch to dead center field that the OF never even moved on. It was 400' if it was ten feet.

At 15 years of age there is no telling how high the sky is for his limitations. My opinion? He can't miss.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #18
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Playoff Drive?

The Bulldogs knew what was needed as they headed to West Des Moines Valley. They led the Tigers by only one game while being tied with Southeast Polk for the last spot as the final week of the season began. Bishop Heelan was two games ahead.

Bulldogs Win Another One
The West Des Moines Valley Tigers went down to defeat to Trent Morrison and his Ottumwa teammates. The final score was 5-2 in favor of the Bulldogs. Ottumwa has now reeled off 6 straight wins.

Eddie Moody went 3-5 with a double and 2 singles. He scored 2 times and drove in 3 against the Tigers. In the top of the first inning, he hit a 2-run double, putting Ottumwa in front, 2-0.

"I'd like to pitch a complete game every time," said Morrison.

Following the game Ottumwa manager Gabriel Pope told the team that Marshalltown had upset Southeast Polk so that the playoffs were now entirely under their control. He again cautioned them to take one game at a time as North Scott, their next opponent, was the best team in District 1.

The Bulldogs hosted the Lancers of North Scott.

Bulldogs Win Another One
The Ottumwa Bulldogs extended their winning streak at Bulldogs Ballpark.

The Ottumwa Bulldogs defeated the North Scott Lancers, 11-7, at Bulldogs Ballpark. Lester Rice was named player of the game for Ottumwa. His 3 hits included 2 singles and 1 triple, in addition to the 2 runs he scored and 2 he knocked in. The wins continue to add up for Ottumwa, with the latest making it 7 in a row.

Despite the loss, the Lancers got an encouraging performance from 15-year-old Jason Muñóz. In the top of the eighth, he hit a grand slam home run to make the score 8-7, Ottumwa. But they could get no closer.

This brought them to the home and home series with Des Moines East.

Narrow Win Takes Ottumwa Streak to 8
Ottumwa Bulldogs starter Fletcher Mullen was in a groove as he led his team to a win over the Des Moines East Scarlets, 4-3. The winning pitcher was Mullen, now 5-1. He tossed 8.1 innings of 5-hit ball, while walking 1 and fanning 8. Des Moines East is still trying to get off the schneid, having lost 6 in a row.

Homer Pitts made it 4-3 in favor of Ottumwa when he delivered a run-scoring single. It came with no one out in the top of the ninth. The red-hot Bulldogs went on to win.

"It's not easy for a young guy to go out there and perform," Bulldogs manager Gabriel Pope said. "But he did it like one of the vets."

That meant a win at home secured Ottumwa's playoff spot.

Bulldogs Stay Hot With 5-2 Win
Ottumwa beat Des Moines East on the strength of starter Stan Dupree's fine effort. The left-hander led his team to a 5-2 win. Dupree, now 2-3, was the winner. In 8.1 innings, he gave up 10 hits, while striking out 4, walking 2, and allowing 2 earned runs. Des Moines East is still trying to get off the schneid, having lost 7 in a row.

One pivotal at-bat came in the top of the seventh with one out. With runners on 1st and 2nd and the Scarlets trailing 5-2, Stan Dupree needed to make a quality pitch. He threw a first pitch changeup to retire Mike Zimmerman, who hit into a double play.

"We're playing like gangbusters right now," said Mullen.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-12-2018, 06:08 AM   #19
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

PM Sent
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #20
stevem810
All Star Starter

#1 OSA Prospect

Kevin Kramer is 21 years old and part of the Jackson Generals system. OSA thinks he is the #1 prospect in the USBA.

Four + pitches and the ability to work deep into games, what is to not like? We may see him in the Winter League.
Attached Images
Image Image