Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 09-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

New OOTP17 Quickstart: New World Baseball Union

The following is something I've been tinkering around with for the last little while and just now decided to finish up and release.

It's a 24-team fictional quickstart with the major league called New World Baseball Union (NWBU) and featuring teams from USA, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Mexico.

Also in the world is an Asian international league called Baseball Federation of Asia (BFA). This is similar to the MLB/*** dynamic, as NWBU is the most prestigious league with the most talent, but the Asian league has some solid players too who can cross over into NWBU, and also is a place where guys who can't cut it in NWBU can find themselves a pay day and a career.

Finally, the third league is an independant, European Baseball Association (EUBA). It is the least talented and least prestigious league and again, journeymen from other leagues can often find themselves ending up in this league.

The NWBU has three levels of minors:

AAA - Great American Baseball Union (An All-American League)
AA- Provincial Baseball Union (An All Canadian league)
A - CariMex Baseball Union (A league with half teams from Mexico and half teams from the Caribbean)

ALL teams in the universe have logos and home and away jerseys. All the NWBU teams also have 3D stadiums that I put in there from the great work silvam does (I used all the fictional ones I could, but also had to repurpose some historical stadiums to get 24 total).

Thanks go to so many people who created art for this, as it was all stuff I grabbed from around the OOTP community or had made. I hope I don't forget anyone, but this quickstart includes art from:

Robo, isedelyod, Honorable Pawn, Hockey13Playa, Pwal, silvam14, txranger, justafan. Thank you all.

Here's the link. Please let me know if you notice any problems or issues.

Enjoy:

NWBU Final.quick
Attached Images
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #2
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

I get a crash when trying to use this. Has anyone else tried it? I'm on a Mac using steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
I get a crash when trying to use this. Has anyone else tried it? I'm on a Mac using steam.

Just a crash or an error message? Definitely would be good to hear from others to ensure it is working. You've downloaded and used other quickstarts before and know how to configure them?
Old 09-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Just a crash or an error message? Definitely would be good to hear from others to ensure it is working. You've downloaded and used other quickstarts before and know how to configure them?
Yeah, it crashes......I've used quickstarts before. I wonder if it's because I'm on a Mac. I tried w/o steam, got the same result on a Mac.

Last edited by akw4572; 09-17-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Great quick start. Wish people posted more stuff like this!

Started a dynasty with the New York Hawks!
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Pjm8804
Minors (Rookie Ball)

QuickStart is working well for me, no crashes. Cole, great QuickStart, very evident that you put a lot of work into it. Thank you so much for sharing!
Pjm8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

New OOTP17 Quickstart: New World Baseball Union

And you guys loaded it into the QuickStart folder? Then selected start a new QuickStart game from the main menu?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #8
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Interesting......I copied the quick into my saved games folder, renamed it to .lg and it would load as a saved game.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #9
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

This quickstart is awesome Cole!!!! Thanks for sharing. This is just what I was looking for.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRaider2001 View Post
This quickstart is awesome Cole!!!! Thanks for sharing. This is just what I was looking for.
Awesome, glad you like it. Thanks everyone for the positive comments.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #11
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

pplan on DL it as soon as I can
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #12
daves
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded. Where do I put it to come up on my Quick Start list?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #13
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Downloaded. Where do I put it to come up on my Quick Start list?
In your My Documents - OOTP 17 - Quickstart_Games folder
Old 10-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #14
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I've been playing this lately as well, I really like it, too. Though some of the logos weren't sized properly, making the screen stretch in the box scores. I fixed it on my game but thought I'd point it out. Also think I found a typo or two for teams, I believe one was a Single-A team. I only noticed because I was checking to make sure the city was set correctly for teams.

But I do love the work done on the jerseys and universe at large, it's really cool and I've been enjoying it.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #15
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I've been playing this lately as well, I really like it, too. Though some of the logos weren't sized properly, making the screen stretch in the box scores. I fixed it on my game but thought I'd point it out. Also think I found a typo or two for teams, I believe one was a Single-A team. I only noticed because I was checking to make sure the city was set correctly for teams.

But I do love the work done on the jerseys and universe at large, it's really cool and I've been enjoying it.
Ahh I had noticed larger logos in the box scores at times too and wasn't sure what that was about. Do you recall what teams? And what the typos were ? If I get the chance I'll go fix and reupload it.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:21 AM   #16
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ahh I had noticed larger logos in the box scores at times too and wasn't sure what that was about. Do you recall what teams? And what the typos were ? If I get the chance I'll go fix and reupload it.
For the big league teams Havana, Orlando, San Juan, Detroit, New York and Raleigh needed resizing. Not done the teams in other leagues but if you go to the folder team_logos and sort by 'dimensions' you can see which are not 100*100 logos.

Oh and thanks for the quickstart! Very well constructed.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #17
wils98
Minors (Single A)

This is perfect, it's exactly what i was looking for! Did the inaugural draft last night. Thank you for sharing.

I do have a few questions tho..

- After playing with your quickstart, did you make any change to your world?
- does it matter if there are no feeder leagues (HS And College)?
- is there any reason why Scouting doesnt show the current rating, only potential? Just your preference of playing the game?

Thanks again

Wils
wils98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wils98 View Post
This is perfect, it's exactly what i was looking for! Did the inaugural draft last night. Thank you for sharing.

I do have a few questions tho..

- After playing with your quickstart, did you make any change to your world?
- does it matter if there are no feeder leagues (HS And College)?
- is there any reason why Scouting doesnt show the current rating, only potential? Just your preference of playing the game?

Thanks again

Wils
Nope, I'm about 5 years in and haven't made any changes to the game world.

It doesn't really matter that there's no feeders... you'll still get draft pools, prospects, etc... with fictionalized stats... they just aren't "live" leagues, per say. I just wanted to keep the overall number of leagues down.

The scouting showing only potential is just something I thought of trying to try to bring more realism (example, you don't KNOW exactly when a big prospect player has fully reached his potential, or when a former star slugger has dropped off completely from his previous high potentials) so I thought it would bring more fog ... However, I think I ended up not liking it that much and just switching it back to normal.. So, do what you will!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #19
wils98
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

The scouting showing only potential is just something I thought of trying to try to bring more realism (example, you don't KNOW exactly when a big prospect player has fully reached his potential, or when a former star slugger has dropped off completely from his previous high potentials) so I thought it would bring more fog ... However, I think I ended up not liking it that much and just switching it back to normal.. So, do what you will!
I think ill change it back too... too much incertainty. Haah
wils98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Upchurch View Post
For the big league teams Havana, Orlando, San Juan, Detroit, New York and Raleigh needed resizing. Not done the teams in other leagues but if you go to the folder team_logos and sort by 'dimensions' you can see which are not 100*100 logos.

Oh and thanks for the quickstart! Very well constructed.
Yeah, since I'm playing as Detroit that's when I first noticed it. But I've seen it for some minor league teams as well like Anchorage, and for other teams there were a couple in CariMex who were missing accents I believe like Mazaltan along with being misspelled, based on the city they're from. I'll have to cross reference what I did in my current save compared to the original quickstart.

It's also a minor thing but for the triple-A level, the division alignment seems rather off. Like a Hawaiian team being in an East division with Houston, while teams like Jacksonville and Miami are present in the Central. I understand they're all just mirroring their major league counterpart, but it was something I ended up moving around myself after the first year because my OCD couldn't handle it.

Besides that, I've had a good time with all of it, excited to get into the 2nd season, hopefully can build my team up better with the limited budget my owner gives me.