Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #101
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
This is a fairly minor complaint, but does anyone else feel like the updated FaceGen went a little too hard on the shadowing? It looks like every player is wearing black mascara, in my opinion.
Some of them look super-realistic and some look like Loose Impressionist Watercolors.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #102
Brett7715
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMarvel View Post
Chrome considers the update malware and will not download it. Something is wrong here...

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...d_blocked&rd=1
I'm having the same issue with this update, Chrome thinks it's malware. I've never had a problem before and I've installed lots of updates over the years. Should I just download it with IE and install anyway? Obviously if there was a problem with the update itself more than just a couple of us would have found it by now.
Brett7715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #103
kehowey
Major Leagues

Quote:
This is a fairly minor complaint, but does anyone else feel like the updated FaceGen went a little too hard on the shadowing? It looks like every player is wearing black mascara, in my opinion.

I also think the shadowing is overdone. All my players look like they haven't shaved in a couple of days. I do like the new eyes and choice of color.
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #104
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehowey View Post
I also think the shadowing is overdone. All my players look like they haven't shaved in a couple of days. I do like the new eyes and choice of color.

Yeah, I feel you. I think it's the shadows under the hat visors that look super unnatural. They just look ugly!
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #105
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I feel you. I think it's the shadows under the hat visors that look super unnatural. They just look ugly!
Hmmm..I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the shadows under the visors provide a more realistic lighting. There's a few that still take me a bit by surprise that have real light marks over the eyes and are a little ghostly, but all in all, I'm pleased with the improvements. Each his own, however.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #106
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Hmmm..I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the shadows under the visors provide a more realistic lighting. There's a few that still take me a bit by surprise that have real light marks over the eyes and are a little ghostly, but all in all, I'm pleased with the improvements. Each his own, however.

Absolutely, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Maybe a middle ground could be established by making the new shadowing an optional function in game.
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #107
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Absolutely, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Maybe a middle ground could be established by making the new shadowing an optional function in game.
Prefer the cap bill shadows personally but I think if you delete the files in the facegen>hair folder you can remove them.
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #108
zrallo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is the awards issue fixed? Where parenthetical numbers in the awards history refer to top-3 finishes instead of to award wins?
zrallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #109
afcchamp88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm still having some Player of the Games that make little sense.

Player of the Game: Homer Bailey - 7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 2 HR given up. It's a decent day and all, quality start, but a no decision.

The obvious is Brandon Phillips - 3 for 5, 2B, 4 RBI including the walk off winner.
afcchamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #110
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
My recent crankiness aside, I do thank you guys for your diligence. What is it now, three patches in just a month? No one should expect perfection of a program this complicated "out of the box" of course, but one also usually does not expect game developers to follow up so quickly and be responsive to community complaints and requests.
This is one of the things I miss about times gone by. You may not be as young as your post makes me think you are, but hear me out. You see, years and years ago one did not sell something that did not deliver as advertised. That amounted to fraud or big-time scorn from the local community. Dishonesty in business back then wasn't taken lightly. My post isn't about saying that Markus is honest, or isn't, but the fact is that in this day and age it is almost excused, by default, when something isn't as advertised, and it should never be excused. The game IS great, as a whole, but certain elements should have NEVER been implied as "working out of the box". Listed as "raw, use at your own peril", yes.

Last edited by thevaliantx; 05-18-2014 at 08:10 PM.
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #111
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afcchamp88 View Post
I'm still having some Player of the Games that make little sense.

Player of the Game: Homer Bailey - 7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 2 HR given up. It's a decent day and all, quality start, but a no decision.

The obvious is Brandon Phillips - 3 for 5, 2B, 4 RBI including the walk off winner.
I get a lot of this too. Some starter has a meh quality start and gets the POG while some batter goes four for five with a game winner and doesn't.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #112
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I get a lot of this too. Some starter has a meh quality start and gets the POG while some batter goes four for five with a game winner and doesn't.
The game is giving Pitchers to much credit towards POG a setting must have been over set to pitchers or something.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #113
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx View Post
This is one of the things I miss about times gone by. You may not be as young as your post makes me think you are, but hear me out. You see, years and years ago one did not sell something that did not deliver as advertised. That amounted to fraud or big-time scorn from the local community. Dishonesty in business back then wasn't taken lightly. My post isn't about saying that Markus is honest, or isn't, but the fact is that in this day and age it is almost excused, by default, when something isn't as advertised, and it should never be excused. The game IS great, as a whole, but certain elements should have NEVER been implied as "working out of the box". Listed as "raw, use at your own peril", yes.
Complete BS. I've been working in business/product development for 40+ years and the divide between management and field/technical workers with respect to product performance has always existed. Things are better now. Years and years ago snake oil salesmen were the norm and customers were expected to take it or leave it. Business ethics are advanced light years from decades ago. I've lost count of the number of times I was told to "make it work" when the correct response should have been "let's fix this". I have direct experience with product changes tied directly to profits being mandated by bean counters vs meeting customer expectations and standard quality criteria.

I'm sure we both have stories to tell but your assertion about the past is a myth in my experience. Business is far better and responsive today than it was 30 and 40 years ago. My ego wants to think I had a role in that.

Edit;

That's not to say that old practices don't exist today. It's a failing strategy though.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 05-18-2014 at 10:46 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #114
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Complete BS. I've been working in business/product development for 40+ years and the divide between management and field/technical workers with respect to product performance has always existed. Things are better now. Years and years ago snake oil salesmen were the norm and customers were expected to take it or leave it. Business ethics are advanced light years from decades ago. I've lost count of the number of times I was told to "make it work" when the correct response should have been "let's fix this". I have direct experience with product changes tied directly to profits being mandated by bean counters vs meeting customer expectations and standard quality criteria.

I'm sure we both have stories to tell but your assertion about the past is a myth in my experience. Business is far better and responsive today than it was 30 and 40 years ago. My ego wants to think I had a role in that.

Edit;

That's not to say that old practices don't exist today. It's a failing strategy though.
Rich:

While I am sure there is little doubt that you are correct overall, consider that he might have a point depending on which segment of the American business world is in question.

I know personally of one field where million dollar handshake deals were common a generation or two ago where now no one but a complete fool would ever attempt one because of a total collapse in business ethics, and another where a business tactic that was universally condemned as unethical a generation ago is now standard.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:39 AM   #115
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Rich:

While I am sure there is little doubt that you are correct overall, consider that he might have a point depending on which segment of the American business world is in question.

I know personally of one field where million dollar handshake deals were common a generation or two ago where now no one but a complete fool would ever attempt one because of a total collapse in business ethics, and another where a business tactic that was universally condemned as unethical a generation ago is now standard.
I acknowledge that. I was responding to the simplistic concept that products were universally better decades ago. Especially with respect to deliverables and quality. It is of course relative to the technology of the times.

I agree that there may be questions regarding business ethics but they are segment related (usually financial) as opposed to across the board. I do agree that individual ethics often lead a lot to be desired, but that hasn't really changed in 40 years.

On a product basis look at tires. Having easily driven 1.5 million miles or more I'd bet that I haven't had or heard of a tire blow out in the latter million. I'm sure they still occur but in microscopic proportion compared to decades ago.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #116
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

You live a charmed life! I had a tire blow out last fall while driving on a lakeside road in the dark. Manufacturing defect. Fortunately I was carrying both a full size spare and a grown nephew.

And I got a new tire for free.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #117
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman View Post
Same with me. I can access the SQL Dump screen but the dropdown box for all the "tools" is gone. I'm logged in as commish. I'm on a mac.

Edit: One thing of note. A different commissioner simmed yesterday, then I updated to the latest league file. My guess is that the other simmer is not updated to the latest patch (I am) and that's causing the issue. I had someone that is NOT patched load the file, log in as commissioner and it works fine.

Edit #2: The same simmer patched and then simmed again today and uploaded the file. So we are both on the same version of OOTP 15.2.8. The problem still exists. The "tools" dropdown is gone.

SAME here! I'm trying to get ready for a draft using Statslab and suddenly can't export the data to it..... help.... any other fixes other than going back to an older patch level?
troyholl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #118
huskerfan4life
Bat Boy

on the bottom of my ootp screen it says 15.2 but i downloaded and installed the file so how can i tell if I have the .8 version
huskerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #119
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life View Post
on the bottom of my ootp screen it says 15.2 but i downloaded and installed the file so how can i tell if I have the .8 version
You may be overlooking the "Build 8" portion, which is the ".8" in 15.2.8.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #120
huskerfan4life
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You may be overlooking the "Build 8" portion, which is the ".8" in 15.2.8.
ok I see it, thanks very much for the image I was just missing it
huskerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote