Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

North American Baseball League

So I've created a couple quick starts using mostly http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-mods-logos-graphics-html/209421-free-uniforms-logos-500-teams-spanning-1871-present.html.

The NABL was started in 1901 and features 4 levels of minors (AAA, AA, A, R). For those of you unfamiliar with the set all the teams are MLB mirrors and follow the same movement the MLB teams did. So Washington moves to Minnesota in 1961 just like reality. The minors are kind of a hodgepodge. Most started as specific league but many have teams that either wouldn't exist anymore as cephasjames laid out the league's history or may have teams from other leagues. There are two AAA - A leagues and 3 R leagues with each team having one league at each level.

The only logos not from that set are logos for the Minnesota Twins, which is from a historical uniform set, and the Japanese league unis and logos in the 1990 quicksave which are from the first volume of the nickname project.

All teams also reside, and have previously played in, each of the historical stadiums that team's MLB mirror played in. The NL NY team started in the Polo Grounds and move to Shea. The Twins started in Metropolitan Stadium. Some stadiums, like Wrigley, are the same stadium but with a different name. This most often occurs in stadiums named after owners. Stadium factors are taken from Gambo's 2013 stadium chart.

I just created this league because I like the MLB but prefer as much fiction as possible. This should be a fairly simple league for newcomers as the minors are straight forward and not overwhelming.

If you are looking for a challenge I recommend the Pittsburgh Pioneers in either start. They are a founding team and have only been to the playoffs once. Where they lost.

This league comes in two forms:

#1) NABL1983.quick
This one starts in 1983 and is basically just a copy of the MLB from '83. Arbitration and FA compensation have just been enabled. One uniform per team (no away uniforms).

#2) NABL1990.quick
This league starts in 1990. The Japanese league has been playing for 5 or 6 years and free agent movement between the leagues has just been activated along with the posting system. Japan's financials will probably need some tweaking. Japan's PCM are set at .600 across the board. All American major league teams have both home and away jerseys.

I'm terrible with descriptions so ask anything you want to know. I'll answer in as timely a fashion as possible.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

I d/l'd your 1990 quick, extracted, and tried to start a quickstart. The game told me the world.dat file was missing?
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote