Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

United states baseball quickstart!

Many have asked, and unfortunately I had some very bad CPU issues, but I have now completed packaging the United States Baseball Quickstart!

Download is available HERE: THE USB QUICKSTART

Package Information:

UNITED STATES BASEBALL:

48 Major League Squads Representing each of the 48 Continental US States. All with logos, home and away uniforms, and ballcaps.
4 Levels of Minors -- all with home/away uniforms, caps, and logos.
Full NCAA Feeder (100 Teams) ALL with logos, caps and uniforms.
High School Feeder (40 Teams) One Uniform, Hat and Logo for easy identification of players for draft scouting!
TWO "Baseball Academy" Feeder Leagues, one in Alaska and one in Hawaii -- These are for elite young talent, 20 Teams total.

ALL of these leagues have FULL graphics including logos, caps, and uniforms, except for the High School feeder. ALL NCAA teams have their logos, and uniforms and caps done as well. (Thanks to eriqjaffe for the NCAA work, and to Silvam14, Illeracula, and ANYONE involved in the "States Project" and the "Cities" Project. All of these folks have been invaluable in the creation of this league, and I can't thank any of you enough for what you have done for this community to make this game more customizable and enjoyable for everyone involved.

The Dynasty Report with this in action is in my signature if you'd like to check it out, and if you have any questions, comments, concerns -- please post them here. I'll be subscribed to the thread and will help in any way I can.

I just hope this package can bring some of you the same amount of fun and joy it has brought me. Please ENJOY!

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 02-08-2014 at 07:01 AM.
jaysdailydose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to note, that this league is setup to start at the Inaugural Draft. PLEASE make sure that when you start the league, that you use the Draft Budgets, and I have set it to "Set Budgets by City Population" to make sure your financials are on point.

ENJOY!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Thanks! Can't wait to play this!
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Thanks! Can't wait to play this!
I appreciate the kind words.

For a bit more info:

The Alaskan and Hawaiian baseball academy leagues have all of their teams use either a "Alaska" or "Hawaii" logo, uniform and cap, respectively. The High School teams use one High School logo, uniform and cap as well.

I could have done the academy leagues each with their own uniforms for cities, but what I really wanted to accomplish was being able to scout the draft pool and see either a high school, academy, or NCAA uniform to make it easier to see where the player was entering the pool from at a glance.

If someone didn't like this method, they could easily add the Alaskan or Hawaiian uniforms from the "States Project" for an even deeper experience.

I also want to note that the player names are NOT the same as my USB from the Dynasty Report, as I randomized the pool as I had seen many of the major names many times will initially starting up the file, so I randomized the names before I started on my game.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

If anyone has started using the quickstart, please let me know that everything has transferred over correctly and that its setup right.

It is a different file than my base that I modified, so I just want to confirm that it is perfect for everyone. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #6
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

do you mind if I make a page on the wiki for this?

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
do you mind if I make a page on the wiki for this?
Not at all, feel free, and thank you!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:07 AM   #8
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

whoo, hooo. double post

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-08-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #9
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

slapped up a wiki page

OOTP Community Wiki | United states baseball quickstart

the mediafire download took me forever so I also put it on my file server here at the house. it works fine for my online league file, but if somebody gets a minute or 2 to check the download speeds for me. that box also broadcasts a 24/7, almost hd stream. I want to make sure download speeds are not compromised on larger files.

http://ootp.bigbox.info/ootp/quickst...QUICKSTART.zip

Last edited by jazzrack; 11-16-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #10
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
If anyone has started using the quickstart, please let me know that everything has transferred over correctly and that its setup right.

It is a different file than my base that I modified, so I just want to confirm that it is perfect for everyone. Thanks!
I haven't had a chance to play much, but in the setup phases everything looks great. Thanks for sharing this; I plan to spend a big part of my weekend enjoying your creation!
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:02 AM   #11
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
slapped up a wiki page

OOTP Community Wiki | United states baseball quickstart

the mediafire download took me forever so I also put it on my file server here at the house. it works fine for my online league file, but if somebody gets a minute or 2 to check the download speeds for me. that box also broadcasts a 24/7, almost hd stream. I want to make sure download speeds are not compromised on larger files.

http://ootp.bigbox.info/ootp/quickst...QUICKSTART.zip
I was just testing your download speed and its great, not compromised at all.

Really appreciate you slapping that up for me. I just didn't know anyplace else to host the file, that is why I put it on Mediafire.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #12
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

cool. the wiki is set-up to be as self-service as possible. anybody can register and create a page. files 10mb and under and even be uploaded directly to the site, anything larger can just be linked to like we did here. creating a page is not much harder than a forum post. passcode to join is an open ootp secret

I think OOTPmods.com is back to updating as well

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-08-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #13
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

After playing all morning I can only say thank you a million times over. I've taken over WV and it is tough as a small market, just as it should be. Excellent quickstart!
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #14
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
After playing all morning I can only say thank you a million times over. I've taken over WV and it is tough as a small market, just as it should be. Excellent quickstart!
Wow. Thanks for the kind words!

I'm glad everything appears to have made the switchover perfectly! I really can't get enough of the league, either. I've got two other historicals that are basically on hold because I've just got to play my Motors! And I *LOVE* historical play.

But, when I first started out on this project, I said that if even one person could benefit from it, then it was worth doing. I mean, all I really did was organize the stuff, all of the credit for the great graphics belongs to other members of this community. I just organized it and made a huge league out of it.

Still, it did take a good deal of time to get here, so I do appreciate it, and I am SO HAPPY that you are enjoying yourself. Please don't hesitate to reply or inbox me if anything occurs that is wonky, I want to make sure it stays perfect!

Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
cool. the wiki is set-up to be as self-service as possible. anybody can register and create a page. files 10mb and under and even be uploaded directly to the site, anything larger can just be linked to like we did here. creating a page is not much harder than a forum post. passcode to join is an open ootp secret

I think OOTPmods.com is back to updating as well
I gotta admit, I'm not a modder at all. As I said in my previous reply, I really just organized everything and made a nice league out of it.

Super glad that we're able to get this available to anyone at high speed, though. I didn't really know of any good places to host files.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Reds: One thing I should note is that your draft pool in the 1st year will be probably 30 players shorter than ideal. I think you need 960 and get 930. I just wrote this off as a light talent year. It does fix itself once all of the feeders have had a full year to produce.

Just didn't want you to be alarmed.

(I forget the exact numbers, I'm not there in my season and its been a while since I tested that portion. It HAS been tested, though, rest assure.)
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #17
Spud Eating Buccos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just wanted to thank you for your work on this. It looks exactly like I was trying to do last year but was too impatient to complete. Looking forward to giving this a try tonight.
Spud Eating Buccos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #18
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you very much jaysdailydose for taking the time and creating this quick start. I am really excited for the opportunity to play. Let's see if I can take Ohio to glory:-)
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #19
dllonsdale54
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great job I love this Quickstart!
dllonsdale54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #20
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

now on ootpmods.com (templates)