Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #81
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Not a bug report, and I don't want to derail the thread, but it's a RARE event to see a developer open up such a topic as this and immediately address issues. This is why I haven't bothered looking for another baseball sim in almost 10 years.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #82
dsimmons0590
Bat Boy

Pitcher Box Missing in Ballpark View of Game

Please note that I mistakenly put this in the new player area before I saw this thread.

I am playing OOTP13. I was on the BNN screen playing my game. My pitcher got tired and I thought I could substitute by dragging the box off screen (I was then going to follow up by dragging the replacement pitchers name onto the mound). Now I can't get any of the pitchers boxes to appear for either team in the ballpark view.
Is this a bug or a setting I am missing?

I am new to the series so be gentle if I am missing something obvious.
dsimmons0590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #83
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Started a Random Debut Historical league in 1901 and I am seeing some very young players.

Hugh O'Neil imported as 1 year old, Billy Greer as 3 years old and Bill H. Morgan as 9 years old.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #84
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Started a Random Debut Historical league in 1901 and I am seeing some very young players.

Hugh O'Neil imported as 1 year old, Billy Greer as 3 years old and Bill H. Morgan as 9 years old.

You must have checked off the little league option.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #85
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanivr View Post
What I thought was a weird cosmetic glitch just led to a crash. I've duplicated it twice now.

In real-time sim mode, the team I'm controlling (Tampa Bay in MLB QS) finishes their game, and the score of that game is now in the top right with yellow numbers, but there are two yellow numbers side by side, like a ghost image. For example, if I won 5-1, it looks like it says 55-11.

Here is what's weird. If I let the sim continue and click on that score, I get a freeze. But if I pause the game, the ghost image disappears, I see the correct score, and it is unclickable.
A ha! That led to a crash for me, too. But I had no idea what caused it. I clicked there because of the doubled image and immediately got "OOTP13 has stopped working."
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #86
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Pretty minor thing, but when you're playing out games and insert a pinch runner for an injury, it still shows as a Pinch hitter in the lineup screen and box score. Other uses of Pinch Runners show properly.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimmons0590 View Post
Please note that I mistakenly put this in the new player area before I saw this thread.

I am playing OOTP13. I was on the BNN screen playing my game. My pitcher got tired and I thought I could substitute by dragging the box off screen (I was then going to follow up by dragging the replacement pitchers name onto the mound). Now I can't get any of the pitchers boxes to appear for either team in the ballpark view.
Is this a bug or a setting I am missing?

I am new to the series so be gentle if I am missing something obvious.
Oh... this sucks. ... This can be fixed if you go to the ballpark editor (league setup), select your park (or the one you played in when you did that) and go to the coordinates tab, there hit reset or enter coordinates for the pitcher.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #88
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers13 View Post
I am having an issue with creating facegen pics. Every time I open up a player's profile it creates a new facegen for that player. Every single time, even if it just created one. Is this happening to anyone else?
Anyone else seeing this?
Does this happen in another league, too? Fictional league/Quickstart league?
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #89
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Advance a day, these should be then cleared up. I'll fix this anyway.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #90
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Anyone else seeing this?
I'll gladly test this out.....be back ASAIC (as soon as I can).

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #91
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
White text on white background on Edit Schedule screen. This applies to the default and classic skins, at least.
That's working perfectly for me Old Timer using default skin. Just the way it's supposed to. pc version win7 64 1920x1080.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #92
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Advance a day, these should be then cleared up. I'll fix this anyway.
All 3 of the players were drafted and as of Opening Day, they are on teams, still at the low ages.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #93
Tigers13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Anyone else seeing this?
This is happening in a league i imported. Its a fictional league that I have had for several versions. No matter what settings i use it creates a new facegen. Not a different facegen though, just the same one every time. I will create a new league now and see if it still does it.
Tigers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #94
Siv
Major Leagues

minor dark skin bug

When simming a week, month or whatever it doesn't highlight your players that are leaders all the time, intermittent. Didn't do that with the default skin. I restarted the program, still in effect and "yes" I have a leader.
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #95
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I tested this and it works fine here. Please disable warmup & enable it again prior to the next game.
All right. I'll try to describe this in a little more detail because it might affect how I usually play. I have a fictional league that models the old 8 team AL and NL. I have created two human managers (let's call them risp2out A and risp2out B) and manage one team in the AL (Washington) and one in the NL (Brooklyn). In previous editions of the game, I (as risp2out A) would play out Washington's game in one-pitch mode. When that game was over, the rest of the games would all be final, but Brooklyn's game hadn't been played. I would go to "Select Human Manager" and become risp2out B and manage Brooklyn's game. After making any moves, etc., I would go to the next day and repeat the process.

Now, a couple of problematic things happen. First, the one that gave rise to my initial post. When I start managing Washington's game as risp2out A, Brooklyn's game starts at the same time. If, as the games are going along, I switch to risp2out B and jump into Brooklyn's game, I do not have access to Brooklyn's bullpen, although I can control other aspects of Brooklyn's game (Swing Away, Steal, etc.). (BTW, when switching back to risp2out A, I am still able to control Washington's bullpen warmup.)

So, perhaps with 13, there is no way to manage the games of more than one team. Is there a way (as with all previous versions I've played) to play out two different team's games in the same day? Even if I want to switch back and forth while the games are ongoing, it seems that I may not be able to control the warmup/bullpen activities of the second team.

I hope this gives you more to go on. If there's just no way to be able to manage two teams' games in 13, I'll adjust and content myself to manage only one team, but if there's a way to manage two teams (and still play out both teams' games), I'd really love that). Thanks.

Last edited by risp2out; 04-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #96
milkman41
Minors (Single A)

Tragic Number

I got a message on Opening Day 2012 (4/6) saying the Rays have lost and therefore hit their 'tragic number', and are no longer in contention for the playoffs...that doesn't seem right
milkman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #97
McMousey
Minors (Single A)

I'm also on Linux with blue facegen people. I just updated drivers a few weeks ago so I don't think that's the problem...?
McMousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #98
Tigers13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Anyone else seeing this?
I started a new league and it was not happening. It is just happening in the league I imported over from 12...
Tigers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #99
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41 View Post
I got a message on Opening Day 2012 (4/6) saying the Rays have lost and therefore hit their 'tragic number', and are no longer in contention for the playoffs...that doesn't seem right
Bwhahahahahaha! Go Yankees!!
DrSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #100
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
That's working perfectly for me Old Timer using default skin. Just the way it's supposed to. pc version win7 64 1920x1080.
It's not for me. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong place? It's the drop downs that allow you to choose the date that has the problem.