Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #2741
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
If they don't want to put the -OL next to their names then they can volunteer to do the stats.
Quitting would be a second option.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #2742
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I think the important tag is the + after the abbreviation (which it seems most, if not all, of our group has done).... makes the OL teams stand out better when scrolling through the schedules to tally the win/loss records....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #2743
Edster007
All Star Starter

As someone who has only been involved for 3 1/2 weeks I did not flinch when I was asked to add -OL and ++ as I recognize people are putting in their own personal time to make this work and be enjoyable for all of us.

As someone who is into his second week of compiling stats it makes a huge difference. Last week I needed to double back several times because not every team was “branded” This week with all eleven teams marked it has made my life a whole lot easier.

End of the day we have a good group of people and I respect everyones opinion here but if we need to bend for the greater good it shouldn’t be questioned. Joining OL has revived my interest in PT and thats based on all of you and what you contribute be it stat compilation or discussion here. So I thank all of you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #2744
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I think the important tag is the + after the abbreviation (which it seems most, if not all, of our group has done).... makes the OL teams stand out better when scrolling through the schedules to tally the win/loss records....
I put the + in a few weeks ago.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #2745
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Im totally compliant namewise but will be in entry pool until Monday morning
Old 06-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #2746
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I don't see the need to have a civil war over this -OL issue. Stanley Kuppchaser, who runs the league, has said it is a suggestion and not mandatory. Charlatan, who does a lot of the stats (thanks) has also said it's not a requirement.

I have added the + to my abbreviations which does help a lot when looking at the schedule. I also think it looks pretty cool. However, I don't like the -OL as has been mentioned.

I consider my team names -- like logo, uniforms, player composition, and team theme -- to be unique to me and something I enjoy crafting to be the coolest, most effective, or most meaningful to me. I don't want Lu Bu playing SS on my team just because everyone else does.

Anyway, if it comes to it I'm happy to be kicked out of the league for non-compliance with no hard feelings.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #2747
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looks like my team, the Seattle Rainiers (currently Silver .276) fits the requirements. I am stocking the team with 1960 and earlier players and I've never bought any extra points, using just what I've earned. I'm not sure how to go about this, however...

My player name is Railsplitter.

Last edited by MarkJ; 06-19-2019 at 05:25 PM.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #2748
Charlatan
All Star Starter

While I appreciate the -OL on a team when I'm compiling stats, I don't think anyone should be compelled to add it. I don't compile the schedule ahead of time so the + doesn't matter to me, and when I do the standings I don't have an issue if it's not there - heck, when I played Strat-O-Matic when I was a lad, I'd play the entire American League, score each game, and weekly compile stats - one page for each team, all batters and pitchers. Then from the team pages, I'd pull the leaders and do a leader page.... and this was all done by hand, before computers, BEFORE CALCULATORS... so I got very good at making calculations like this:

What's 70/174... reduce by half and it's 35/85, multiple of 5 so that becomes 7*5/17*5 = 7/17... A seventeeth... ewww.... let's see, 1/16 is half of 1/8th, which is.125, so 1/16 is .0625, 1/18 is half of 1/9 which is .1111 so 1/18 is .05555, so 1/17th is halfway between .0625 and .0555 so let's say .058. 7 times .058 is .350 plus .056 so that's .406 more or less. Wow, pretty good!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #2749
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Also, credit where credit is due - I did not make the OL Friends List, that was.... uh.... Stanley I think. Definitely not me though!
Old 06-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #2750
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Looks like my team, the Seattle Rainiers (currently Silver .276) fits the requirements. I am stocking the team with 1960 and earlier players and I've never bought any extra points, using just what I've earned. I'm not sure how to go about this, however...

My player name is Railsplitter.
Added to friends list. Which is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...y3o/edit#gid=0

While you're waiting for next season, please go to the OL Friends List and add everyone who's in Silver. If you think you'll be promoted, add everyone in Gold. If you think you'll be relegated add everyone in Bronze. Heck add all them anyway!

OL Members in Silver: Please add Railsplitter to your friend lists.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM   #2751
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Also, credit where credit is due - I did not make the OL Friends List, that was.... uh.... Stanley I think. Definitely not me though!
the google doc? *raises hand* that's me/on my google drive site

Gold league update (games through end of May):

Cooper makes the most of their brief schedule so far and shoots to the top of the standings, just ahead of Annandale, who have already played 32 OL games.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #2752
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
If they don't want to put the -OL next to their names then they can volunteer to do the stats.
And we can all take it off our team for them so we will all be alike.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #2753
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I tried gold 88 Seager in platoon with Nomar at first base. As you suggested I had a contact problem with Seager. Now I am starting to platoon the 91 OVR Helton with Nomar. Rice is a very consistent hitter and I like him in my lineup. On a side note I got a 97 Boggs today that I am starting at 3rd now. I lose a little defense but I am subbing a defensive player there too. It is tough scratching a little offense against the pitchers we face as you well know.

Your boys are doing great. We are not in an easy league and they are showing very well.
thank you. Will let them know you said that.

Now I know what he is talking about....he bought a Seager card (actually I think it is yours) in the auction and is finishing the training.
That makes sense...

It goes against their rules 1B-Offene, 2B Defense, 3B Offense, SS Defense, LF both, CF Defense, RF both) but he likes to try new things for a season or two and is still saving up for his 3B upgrade.

He wanted to upgrade to the 97 Boggs but lost an auction a while back and then had to go back to the drawing board to collect more points.
The 94 Edgar has been good for him so far as a platoon 1B/DH (considering the defensive nature of their park).

Good luck...you both have a few tough teams ahead of you in the competition. I think you have a .800 win percentage over them if I read their notes correctly (across PT19+PT20).

Most other teams are much lower (mostly due to the fact that they were in the Orcin league with them). That is another one of their mini goals...reduce that percentage to closer to .500.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #2754
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Im totally compliant namewise but will be in entry pool until Monday morning
Glad you got the extra account setup and going.
How are you doing in the Entry league? Hope you saw my notes and general notes.

The kids worked with their friends to create the Crusaders team. They should be in the EL league with you.

Will have to ask them to show me if they can keep up with your new team.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #2755
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

As mentioned before the only request from the beginning was to add a "+" to the abbreviation to help compile schedules. I don't think anybody should be trying to shame others to add the -OL. If the people who started the league wants to make it a requirement, fine, but until then I think the back and forth about adding the -OL is getting ridiculous.

That is my 2 cents and now i'm done with this subject.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #2756
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

Anyway, if it comes to it I'm happy to be kicked out of the league for non-compliance with no hard feelings.

So you are asking a league with a community (supportive) spirit to kick you out...I am sure you already knew the answer when you wrote that sentence.
It feels a bit like asking Gandhi to pick up a weapon and fight for his cause.

Personally, I absolutely admire anyone that can easily track and remember all teams across all leagues and does not require the OL in the team names.
As for myself, it I want to write a league recap of the day, I need the little extra help (mostly because I write a lot of my notes in the middle of the night).

So teams without the OL are easily skipped and forgotten.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #2757
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Glad you got the extra account setup and going.
How are you doing in the Entry league? Hope you saw my notes and general notes.

The kids worked with their friends to create the Crusaders team. They should be in the EL league with you.

Will have to ask them to show me if they can keep up with your new team.

Below .500. It will definitely take getting used to (the extra restrictions on roster construction, that is). It doesn't help that I started the team the very week collection missions started so all the players I want are 5-10x more expensive than usual. I remember seeing Aparicio in the AH for 400-500 a week or two ago, but now the lowest I saw was 1400 BIN. And he's one of the less extreme examples, lol.

And I don't know what gives, but my ballpark factors keep changing without my input. Are you sure you don't have access to my team? lol I've changed them 3x and they always change to some weird numbers I would never use like .923 and .917. I only like to use rounded quarters, so .925, .950, .975, etc...

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 PM   #2758
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Below .500. It will definitely take getting used to (the extra restrictions on roster construction, that is). It doesn't help that I started the team the very week collection missions started so all the players I want are 5-10x more expensive than usual. I remember seeing Aparicio in the AH for 400-500 a week or two ago, but now the lowest I saw was 1400 BIN. And he's one of the less extreme examples, lol.

And I don't know what gives, but my ballpark factors keep changing without my input. Are you sure you don't have access to my team? lol I've changed them 3x and they always change to some weird numbers I would never use like .923 and .917. I only like to use rounded quarters, so .925, .950, .975, etc...

Not sure what is causing this. Just make sure to always hit enter after each entry since it does not stick unless you hit enter after you enter numbers into each field.

I don't remember if the EL generates random ballparks for teams.

Agree...starting a team now is a little more difficult compared to before missions. The AH is a bit pricey now and lots of players are a bit hard to come by.

Are the Crusaders in the same league with you? What is their ranking in the league or win percentage?

If you can't get Aparicio, get Belanger and Marion. You just need two to lock down 2B and SS.

Remember to not go too crazy with your offense and skip the defense at critical positions (SS, CF, and maybe C).

Hopefully you can still accumulate 1000 PP to grab LaValliere.

Also Madlock and Wes Parker are cheap options that can platoon or even fill in for a season or two.

Last edited by joehart; 06-20-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #2759
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I created a PT team called the Texas Rangers. OOTP used the official Rangers logo for my team. And I played a few seasons. So far so good.

Imagine my surprise when after three or four seasons I went to edit my ball park factors and found out they were already set to a bunch of strange values… Not maxed out, not minimized, not symmetrical, just a bunch of seemingly random numbers. Later on I decided that perhaps when you create a team with the same name as an MLB team, just maybe OOTP sets the ball park factors to that team’s real life ball park.

That’s the only explanation I can come up with as to how the ballpark factors were set!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 PM   #2760
Magus978
All Star Starter

I don't remember teams in entry pool changing ballpark formations every day. I remember setting mine once, submitting the team, and then it stuck. Not that it's helping me now though

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote