Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #81
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

You've definitely piqued my curiosity with the addition of opener/follower. How does that work, do you assign pitch limits to the openers? Would this also work for the minor leagues as a piggyback starter system?

Also have there been improvements to bullpen roles? I'd love to assign reliever usage purely by leverage and it seems like a lot of MLB teams are basically doing that too.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #82
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Opener \ Followers...

I hope this can be turned off? I assume there is no chance it appears in past seasons and would like to know I can turn it off for my game as I play with modern rules.
Yes, there's a league setting to disable it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #83
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
You've definitely piqued my curiosity with the addition of opener/follower. How does that work, do you assign pitch limits to the openers? Would this also work for the minor leagues as a piggyback starter system?

Also have there been improvements to bullpen roles? I'd love to assign reliever usage purely by leverage and it seems like a lot of MLB teams are basically doing that too.
It more or less works by letting the opener throw as if they were a reliever, and a follower throw as if they were a starter, as opposed to currently where if your "starter" comes in 2nd in a game, they always seem to be limited to like 50-60 pitches.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #84
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It more or less works by letting the opener throw as if they were a reliever, and a follower throw as if they were a starter, as opposed to currently where if your "starter" comes in 2nd in a game, they always seem to be limited to like 50-60 pitches.
Ah, okay. That implementation clears it up quite a bit. I think this will be a fun new feature to play with that opens up some really interesting strategic team-building opportunities. I already have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head and I can't wait to test which ones work.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #85
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Can we turn off the day to night transition when playing 2D classic?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #86
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
If they worked better, more people would use them
Although I do agree with Markus, he told me the same nearly ten years ago about feeder leagues and I accepted the answer and still do. OOTP cannot properly replicate amateur baseball. All leagues give you service time whether it be counted towards pro years or ML service time, you cannot avoid it unless you consistently reset service times in the feeder league.

When it comes to your quote, I'd like to channel that towards Associations and not feeders.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #87
VinCal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NCAA league

Is there anyway of adding an NCAA league (version)?
VinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #88
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

Can bench/hitting/pitching coaches now get hired elsewhere as a manager before their contracts are up?
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #89
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, not really. It's very complicated and only a tiny number of users actually use the feature, so it's not worth the time at the moment. Maybe that'll change in the future though.
Fair enough.

I might have to try to convince more people to use it, so it gets improved then

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #90
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I thought I read earlier that there will be one-on-one on-line play? I.e. If I want to play my brother who lives in another location we can set-up a game (league?).

Did I miss it being mentioned? Is my memory failing me?

Thanks
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:26 PM   #91
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Very happy to hear of continued efforts upgrade and improve the AI. That is the heart and soul of the game. Everything else is just window dressing.

Speaking of window dressing -- love the spray charts idea.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #92
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I know the new CBA is complex but how much if any is in v20? If FA isn't being updated to at least have a hybrid of the new rules can we at least revisit v19's FA and qualifying offers?

There was an important discussion about FA and qualifying offers last year in this thread, with bigd51 providing data, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...+offers&page=4

So barring the new CBA being added are we, or can we at least get a flag to limit QO to one time per player?
This was the thing I wanted to see changed most. Glad to see it's updated. Would still love luxury tax and international free agency pool money though

Last edited by wallewalls; 02-26-2019 at 02:58 PM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #93
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Will it be possible to use a "Follower" without using an "Opener"? I believe this would be key to the piggybacking starters strategy.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #94
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Will it be possible to use a "Follower" without using an "Opener"? I believe this would be key to the piggybacking starters strategy.
Yeah, while having your starter being able to come in and work as if they were starting is nice, when teams run the opener, they usually dont have the
"follower" go 90+ pitches like a starter would. I would want the "follower" to go maybe 3-4 innings at the most if i was running an ideal team so you would have 4 innings of opener/follower and then going hardcore bullpen for the rest of the game
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #95
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Does this mean starters and relievers will more or less have a universal fatigue rating? For example, changing a guy from a starter to reliever or putting a starter into the game in relief gets you a lot of different fatigue levels in terms of how many pitches they can throw.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #96
Clark18
Bat Boy

I will be buying mine on Steam precisely 3 seconds after its released.
Clark18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #97
AngelsFan14
Bat Boy

I like the upgrades I'm seeing but I was really hoping to see something about *** historical sim. I saw one of the dev's mention it as a possibility for 19 on here a couple years ago. Since it wasnt in 19 I was hoping 20 would be the one but it doesnt seem to be. Unless it's one of those soon to be updated features on the list
AngelsFan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #98
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
There is a flag to limit to one QO per player.
We do also have a modified version of the MLB FA system, without the first round pick compensation, and where the compensation varies with the size of the new deal and the revenue sharing status of the club (although we don't use exactly the same rules, we try to keep it close).
That's awesome! That alone is worth my pre-order (but I buy every year anyway).

One of the most realistic features will be when the league "strikes" in 2021, which will coincide with my wife not letting me play for a while because I'm spending too much time on the computer.

Last edited by LegalEagle80; 02-26-2019 at 04:56 PM.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #99
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Will the stream tonight be posted on the OOTP youtube channel aferwards for those who miss it live?
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #100
bphilbrick3
Bat Boy

OOTP 20 Windows PC Specifications

Hi,

Can you post the required specifications to run the new version?
bphilbrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote