Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Exhibition Tournament glitch

Hey guys,

Overall, I LOVE the new Exhibition Tournament mode and the way it is set up. However ...

Once I've selected teams (only 8) and have begun making small roster changes (on the roster changes page), the whole game crashes on me, always after the third roster change overall. This has happened three times in a row now.

Whenever I reboot the game, it appears to have saved my Exhibition Tournament, but there's no game there to be played. All the teams I selected are listed, and it looks like a nice set-up, but there are no games scheduled, in addition to the fact I cannot make any roster/lineup tweaks to each team.

Just wanted to report this. Am I doing something wrong? I could try playing the Exhibition Tournament without making any roster changes, but I'm trying to use actual lineups without players who contributed just a few at-bats or a couple innings pitched in a team's season.
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

What teams/roster changes are you doing? That could help us track down what might be happening.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
What teams/roster changes are you doing? That could help us track down what might be happening.
Hi Matt. Here was my 8-team setup:

1. 1976 Reds
2. 1977 Yankees
3. 1979 Pirates
4. 1979 Orioles
5. 1977 Royals
6. 1977 Phillies
7. 1977 Dodgers
8. 1975 Red Sox

I chose 22-man rosters for each team, with injuries disabled.

With this new tournament format, I must make the roster changes for all 8 teams before any playing can commence. I started from the top, with the 1976 Reds. I swapped out Ed Armbrister (78 at-bats) for relief pitcher Santo Alcala (132 IP) and that works fine.

But when I get to the 1977 Yankees, and try to swap out Dave Kingman (24 at-bats) for Paul Blair (164 at-bats), it all crashes on me. The whole game disappears.

When I reboot, all the teams are still there, but I'm not able to make any more changes and no games are listed.

Does this help?
Old 07-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks. Yes, it looks like there was a problem with editing the rosters in these cases. You should be able to set lineups, but we'll likely need a fix to be able to edit the rosters for anyone other than the first team in the list, unfortunately.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks. Yes, it looks like there was a problem with editing the rosters in these cases. You should be able to set lineups, but we'll likely need a fix to be able to edit the rosters for anyone other than the first team in the list, unfortunately.
Thanks!

In the meantime, I will set roster limit to 25 players instead of 22 and try eliminating the need to edit them down. I think that should get me going for now.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Hmmm ...

I just tried to set up the same 8-team tournament with 25-man rosters.

I checked the rosters of the first three teams (76 Reds, 77 Yankees, 79 Pirates) and everything checked out fine. But then when I got to the 1979 Baltimore Orioles, it left EDDIE MURRAY off the 25-man roster — in favor of Terry Crowley. Well, I just couldn't let that stand. But as soon as I attempted to drag Terry Crowley to the 'inactive' roster, the whole thing CRASHED again.

*tears*
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll try to get a fix out for this in the next day or two. Sorry about the problems!
Old 07-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #8
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

A problem with DH option

Hi.

In Historical Exhibition mode — the regular one, not the new tournament mode — it's suddenly impossible to select the Designated Hitter option.

I tried to begin a Historical Exhibition series (5 games) between the 1977 KC Royals and the 1979 Baltimore Orioles. NO MATTER WHAT I select on the options page for 'DH' (ON or OFF) for either team, the pitcher is in the batting order for both teams.

If I select DH "on" for both teams, the pitcher bats. If I select DH "off" for both teams, the pitcher bats. If I select DH "on" for one team and select DH "off" for the other, the pitcher still bats.

It seems the DH rule has been repealed in this new version for Historical Exhibition mode. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sorry yes, it looks like there's an issue setting the "home" team DH. We'll get that fixed up.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #10
mgossman
Bat Boy

Crashing historical mode match up !

Thanks for everything you do for this game . I set up my game mode and sim few games then crash to desktop. the data seems to be lost when restart the game. All other modes in the game work fine. Hope you guys finds the bugs . Great mode to have , will play lots in this mode when working !
mgossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossman View Post
Thanks for everything you do for this game . I set up my game mode and sim few games then crash to desktop. the data seems to be lost when restart the game. All other modes in the game work fine. Hope you guys finds the bugs . Great mode to have , will play lots in this mode when working !
Do you know what you are doing when it crashes? Are you changing rosters, or playing out games? The more we know, the better we can potentially track down issues to know if they're the same as we had fixed or new ones.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

My 16 team White Sox vs Cubs tournament crashed as well. i tried moving P Cary? from the roster to reserve roster and it crashed from the 1993 White Sox.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Would Minors help with problem?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
My 16 team White Sox vs Cubs tournament crashed as well. i tried moving P Cary? from the roster to reserve roster and it crashed from the 1993 White Sox.
Yes, there is a problem with doing roster moves. We'll have a fix for that in the next couple days.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #15
John McGraw
Minors (Single A)

My Exhibition Tournament Crashes, as well!

I've tried twice to play Dead Ball Era 10 and 12 team tournaments and I get to a point where all I do is press a button (likely the End Today button) and it crashes. I don't do any roster moves, just let the simulation work. When I log back into the program, everything is gone.
John McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:03 AM   #16
mgossman
Bat Boy

Playing Historica Turnement Crashes

When playing The Turnement mode...siming game crashes to desktop. Its unplayable at the moment ! Anyone having issues with playing the new mode !
Old 07-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #17
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

For anyone experiencing crashes in the historical exhibition, please do let us know the exact setup you used, when exactly it crashed for you, and anything else you can let us know that can help track down what might be going on.

Also if you are having issues with it, it may be worth "testing" a basic setup (just pick a WS matchup) and see if you're still having issues there. There may be a problem with a specific team or player that's having trouble in that mode.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #18
mgossman
Bat Boy

Playing WS with just Two Teams Works

Playing Two teams WS seems to work fine ! Playing more crashes the system. Ill keep trying to see if i can post more info soon.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #19
mgossman
Bat Boy

6 team or more crashes

6 team or more crashes game to desktop.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #20
ynkefan23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

DH in tourney

can you use it AUTO? like only in AL parks after 1972??
ynkefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote