Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Player behavior update?

Just was wondering if there is any update to player FA signing behavior. Something that would stop a player like Adam Wainwright (who of course in OOTP is unusable at age 38) signing with an Australian league? Something that would never ever happen in real life?
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, there really needs to be a "pride" rating. This would also address another issue I've seen OOTP users mention, where they'd like to see aging veterans stick around for a short-term contract to get those last 10 hits to 3,000 or whatever milestone they need.

Last edited by lightgrenade07; 02-19-2016 at 01:30 PM.
lightgrenade07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

I would also add that there are players who have seen their playing time drastically cut, but are still willing to sign an extension. That shouldn't happen.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
I would also add that there are players who have seen their playing time drastically cut, but are still willing to sign an extension. That shouldn't happen.
I don't know about that. If the player is older and should be expecting his time to be cut and he is very loyal, I think it should.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
HerbertMcHoover
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgrenade07 View Post
Yeah, there really needs to be a "pride" rating. This would also address another issue I've seen OOTP users mention, where they'd like to see aging veterans stick around for a short-term contract to get those last 10 hits to 3,000 or whatever milestone they need.
Great call.
HerbertMcHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakDragon View Post
I don't know about that. If the player is older and should be expecting his time to be cut and he is very loyal, I think it should.
This is correct. It shoudl be based on loyalty. For example I would expect Matt Holiday and Yadi Molina to sign such extensions if offered by St Louis IRL.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote