Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-18-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
xx2khazard
Minors (Single A)

Arrow Player ai evaluation settings

What do you guys in your own personal opinion feel is the best setting for player ai eval Some personal experience evidence is very well encouraged and do you guys use the overall ratings based on ai evaluation setting like the check box in the global settings tab. I dont know how i feel about the option b/c i find myself seeing a lot of good rated player being 20/80 overall due to one bad year, so yea sorry for all the questions i'd be very grateful for some of you to answer both.
xx2khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
xx2khazard
Minors (Single A)

oh and this assuming im not going stats only although that doesnt mean that type of ai eval setting is out of the question if it provides a realistic feel.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:28 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if you have 100% accuracy, your league will perform better as a whole with ai eval off. (experience from messing with league totals modifiers).

if you want the stats (with default modifiers) to more closely resemble the last few years, i'm 80% certain you want AI Eval on.

turning off 100% accuracy will introduce a little more error, too. but the ai eval is the bigger chunk, if using 'normal scouting.'

i do use ai eval. lately i've been using 40 ratings 30-20-10 yearly stats, but this is something i intend to make a more educated decision about at some point in the future. i hope that those settings add a little synthesized human error to lineup decisions and hopefully affects aging players more than players in their prime.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
xx2khazard
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
if you have 100% accuracy, your league will perform better as a whole with ai eval off. (experience from messing with league totals modifiers).

if you want the stats (with default modifiers) to more closely resemble the last few years, i'm 80% certain you want AI Eval on.

turning off 100% accuracy will introduce a little more error, too. but the ai eval is the bigger chunk, if using 'normal scouting.'

i do use ai eval. lately i've been using 40 ratings 30-20-10 yearly stats, but this is something i intend to make a more educated decision about at some point in the future. i hope that those settings add a little synthesized human error to lineup decisions and hopefully affects aging players more than players in their prime.
what modifiers do you use and what made you customize the default?
Old 06-18-2015, 01:44 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2khazard View Post
what modifiers do you use and what made you customize the default?
the thread is here, think you can look for it by clicking my name or search "league totals modifiers" in this forum (ootp 16 general discusion forum). it's recent, but might be on page 2 or 3.

i explain it there quite well on why and how i did it. short-story: ai eval on, suspensions etc to match real-life as best possible, then i simmed many 2015 seasons over and over and tried to match to 2010-2014 numbers.

so, i didn't have new players, only the 2015 rosters determined the figures. that's how i know ai eval on will cause lower league stats when compared to using pure ratings (with at least normal scouting), ceterus paribus.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...modifiers.html

Last edited by NoOne; 06-18-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added forum link for modifiers
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
IsaacR
Major Leagues

I use 40-40-10-10, which seems to eliminate a lot of the AI mistakes.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

I will give my complete settings for reference purposes. We all have our tastes as to realism of play and enjoyment.

So as a GM of an MLB game here goes.....

Team Control Settings top to bottom....Manager, Manager, Me, Me, Me, Me, Assistant GM, Me, Me, Assistant GM, Minor League Managers, Assistant Gm, Minor League Managers

In Game Options...

First 5 lines in Player Rating Scales I use value 20-80
Ratings Relative to Major League Baseball UNCHECKED
Overall Rating Based on AI Evaluation, Not Pure Rating UNCHECKED (note to follow)

Disable League Evolution
Change Award Name for Great Glove to Gold Glove, Batter of the Year for the Platinum Stick one.
Disable manual all-star and hall of fame voting
Save Game Logs from only Human Organizations
Disable Baseball Cards
Lower Aging Speed to .750 for both pitchers and batters

Trade AI Settings Hard/Neutral
AI Evaluation Settings 0/50/35/15 (Click Apply Changes Now) ****If you use a figure greater than 0 for the first line THEN AND ONLY THEN check the option Overall Rating Based on AI Evaluation, Not Pure Ratings.

General Strategic Tendencies top to bottom...Very often, very often,normal, very often, normal, normal, normal, rarely, rarely, very often

I didn't include my Player/Picture preferences.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by wsenkow; 08-12-2015 at 01:46 PM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

I have my fictional MLB set to 40/30/20/10. With overalls based on those AI evaluation settings and not pure ratings.

That way, a player who has lower ratings but is coming off multiple good seasons stat-wise, will see a bump in his overall rating.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 08-12-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Same as above but I use 50/30/15/5 and the 1-10 scale.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #10
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Same as above but I use 50/30/15/5 and the 1-10 scale.
I really like the 25/40/25/10 with the Overall Rating Based on AI Evaluation checked as well. It's a personal preference with the choices we have available, without knowing what is really or more right. And we will never know!

P.S. I'm leaning to reducing trade difficulty to Average.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #11
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I am going to start playing around with 45/30/20/5 and 50/30/20/0

I just want to see what happens. I think 40/30/20/20 is pretty darn good though.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote