Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
trbmb
Bat Boy

Manual and Usability

I've purchased OOTP 13 but haven't yet learned to play. Is there a printable manual somewhere? Also, looks like lots of functionality here, although I'm really just interested in individual game and season simulations, is there any way to just play games and seasons and not any of the rest of the added things, ie. just simple use?
trbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

There's no printed manual, but there is very good online manual at Out of the Park Development: Home.

Problem: They've been having server problems in the last couple of days so right now, as of this posting, it's offline. Hopefully it will be back soon.

In the meantime, pressing F1 or clicking the question mark on the top right may help, but it appears that function is also compromised by the manual being off-line.* Also, the in-game help is nowhere near as comprehensive as the online manual.

*EDIT: There's a function in Game Preferences, Expert Settings, to update the in-game help screens with online content whenever available. It's on by default, I believe. Right now, with the online manual offline, it's updating help screens with "Page Not Found" messages.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 03-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbmb View Post
I've purchased OOTP 13 but haven't yet learned to play. Is there a printable manual somewhere? Also, looks like lots of functionality here, although I'm really just interested in individual game and season simulations, is there any way to just play games and seasons and not any of the rest of the added things, ie. just simple use?
To play a simple game you could have yourself be just the manager and let the AI be the GM. It makes things really easy although frustrating when he trades away your favorite player for some prospect that gets a CEI 2 days after the trade. I had Harold Baines on my 2030 Chicago White Sox. After 11 seasons of being frustrated I resigned as GM and stayed on as MGR and SP. Baines is my all time fav player and was my best player but making 17 mil. The new GM Theo Epstein, traded Baines for a good SP prospect who torn his labrum 2 days after the trade and never pitched again.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm, Theo should of stayed in Boston ... ... ... ... yeah, I hated seeing that kind of results but sheesh, that why this OOTP 13 make the Game so realistic ...