Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #5341
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I wish Palolo could just chill in Diamond forever. Need PP baaaad.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #5342
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Silvertips Sieze the Day to Take OL G321 Lead

Everett clicked to the tune of a 7-3 sim to scoot by Missouri and Redmond who hit hard times in August. The race, however, opened up a little more with Salem, 11-3, Southside, 7-3, Melaka, 6-3, Arkham, 6-3, and CliffMarkle, 7-4, all rising to relevance.

With a plethora of games (104) still on the schedule, I've posted the remaining schedule. Everett plays only three games early in the month, so the chasers soon will know the degree of difficulty they face.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #5343
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Appear to be a three team race down the stretch with Southern, Fargo and Battery Point vying for the OL crown.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #5344
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
Annandale Atom Smashers do some small smashing to get to the top, going 6-0 in OL competition during July. Annandale has been boosted by a 12-1 record vs Shasta this season.
Is this Annandale's year???

And why do I always bring it up???

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #5345
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Silver league update:

Reno makes the most of their limited OL schedule to sit atop the standings with an impressive .750 winning percentage.
Wow.

Okay Stanley, here's the Silver Sox logo. I sure hope this doesn't jinx them now.
Attached Images

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #5346
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Silver league update:

Reno remains atop the standings and hold their fate in their hands as they have 10 OL games remaining in September.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #5347
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Diamond Update

I emerge from my battle with my computer's internet connectivity to present this Diamond update.

As of Sept 8th in game, 12:30 submission:

Annandale looks to have the OL crown locked up, but all of their remaining games are OL games. A four game series with Clyde Truckers could be the difference. The wild cards are up in air through out the last day.
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #5348
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Indication of importance of defense

So I've been looking at the Bremen Admirals, who got placed in our OL perfect league this season (as well as another time many years ago, when the team looked like a huge whale).

The team still looks whale-like, with some of the top pitchers in the game on its staff (perfect peak Randy Johnson, perfect Dwight Gooden).

For batting, they have more perfect players (for a total of nine), including perfect Mickey Cochrane at Catcher, perfect Trout, etc. Most of the rest of their players are high diamonds, and their lowest OVR is 91.

In spite of this, they were in danger of relegation most of the year, and aren't far above the relegation line this year. They have been below .500 in each of their last eight years in perfect league.

Why? I think it is because their defense is pretty bad. Out of the 30 teams their defense efficiency is 24th and their team era is 28th. They have a -20 ZR rating for their team. That just goes to show how important defense is in this game, in my opinion. Any other thoughts?

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #5349
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So I've been looking at the Bremen Admirals, who got placed in our OL perfect league this season (as well as another time many years ago, when the team looked like a huge whale).

The team still looks whale-like, with some of the top pitchers in the game on its staff (perfect peak Randy Johnson, perfect Dwight Gooden).

For batting, they have more perfect players (for a total of nine), including perfect Mickey Cochrane at Catcher, perfect Trout, etc. Most of the rest of their players are high diamonds, and their lowest OVR is 91.

In spite of this, they were in danger of relegation most of the year, and aren't far above the relegation line this year. They have been below .500 in each of their last eight years in perfect league.

Why? I think it is because their defense is pretty bad. Out of the 30 teams their defense efficiency is 24th and their team era is 28th. They have a -20 ZR rating for their team. That just goes to show how important defense is in this game, in my opinion. Any other thoughts?
I think this shows how far OL teams have come. Now, when whales get placed in OL I'm not *that* concerned. Even the other whale is only 5th in RDiff.

I mean, at this point the top end of OL/NFTP is nearly equivalent to the top end of any normal Perfect league, except that there's a huge amount of quality competition right below the top teams as opposed to the chasm that exists in normal Perfect leagues.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #5350
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I think this shows how far OL teams have come. Now, when whales get placed in OL I'm not *that* concerned. Even the other whale is only 5th in RDiff.

I mean, at this point the top end of OL/NFTP is nearly equivalent to the top end of any normal Perfect league, except that there's a huge amount of quality competition right below the top teams as opposed to the chasm that exists in normal Perfect leagues.
went through all the non-OL teams and tallied up their record vs OL and it's pretty even overall, with the non-OL bunch (12 teams total) with a winning percentage of .516
Old 10-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #5351
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
went through all the non-OL teams and tallied up their record vs OL and it's pretty even overall, with the non-OL bunch (12 teams total) with a winning percentage of .516
Non-OL NFTP participants are above average Perfect teams as well, I think. If they weren't, they'd be relegated by now.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #5352
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I mean, at this point the top end of OL/NFTP is nearly equivalent to the top end of any normal Perfect league,
I don't agree with this, actual whales would still blow this entire league out of the water. Like what happened last season when a whale got placed in the league. Agreed about the bottom end though.

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #5353
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Is this Annandale's year???

And why do I always bring it up???
This has been an amazing year for Annandale in Diamond. Everything is going our way both in pitching and at the plate - it's amazing.

But I've seen this movie before and it always ends in heartbreak!

Also, Motown is making up for it - they won 94 games last year in Perfect and this year the might not win 70!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #5354
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborneman View Post
I don't agree with this, actual whales would still blow this entire league out of the water. Like what happened last season when a whale got placed in the league. Agreed about the bottom end though.
What I mean to say is that the definition of what an "actual" whale is has been creeping upwards for a while. Sure, if you have a team full of the best meta perfect cards, you're going to steamroll anybody. But not every generic perfect league has that kind of whale in it, OL or not. Gone are the days where a team with several good-but-not-peerless historical perfects and a boatload of good historical diamonds (see: Dortmund) would instantly be the favorite to win the title.

And, that a team with a pretty respectable lineup like Bremen has a losing record is really a statement about how the requirements for being a top-end team in OL are more stringent than just having a lineup with some perfects and a bunch of diamonds.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:16 AM   #5355
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
But not every generic perfect league has that kind of whale in it, OL or not. Gone are the days where a team with several good-but-not-peerless historical perfects and a boatload of good historical diamonds (see: Dortmund) would instantly be the favorite to win the title.
I was only in non-OL perfect for like 5 weeks, but it always seemed like there was at least 1-2 actual meta-whales in every league steamrolling everybody, but maybe I was just unlucky. Or don't they have a whale league now? IDK, maybe they're all in that and it's actually easier now to avoid them.

But yeah I'm glad we can compete with Dortmund! We'll see what they can do in the playoffs, they did win their division fairly comfortably.

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #5356
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Everett Holds On in OL G321 for Second Crown

The Silvertips took two-of-three early on and then nervously watched as the calendar turned to October, still unsure if their best efforts had been enough. Southside stormed through September 25th at 14-4, to take a .0064 lead heading into their final contest against San Pedro. The Sluggers quickly fell behind and trailed 4-2 in the top of the ninth, before staging a late rally that saw the tying run on third with two down. Eddie Murray launched a deep fly to right-center that barely stayed in the ballpark, and Everett breathed their first sigh of relief.

Redmond headed into their final series, at home against those same San Pedro "Spoilers," knowing only a sweep would be enough to capture the crown. Their hopes were crushed in game one, when the Cerrano put up a third-inning 5-spot on 19-game winner Dennis Martinez en route to a 9-2 triumph, sparking a celebration in Everett. The Birds did come back to take the final two to finish second.

Everett Fan Club President, Syl ver Bearre, summed up the feelings of the Silvertips faithlful, saying, "The second crown is twice as nice!"

In other news, there are seven OL teams in the PT playoffs, with one sure promotion to diamond at the start, but four possible. Because the gold level now has four relegation spots, the Asheboro Road Dogs will be headed to silver next season. The Friends List has been updated to reflect this change.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #5357
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Twin Gold for Silvertips

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 10-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #5358
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Update

I have a busy schedule schedule today, so further crowning may not happen until later in the day. By the way, the all time standings are on hold because OOTP has not updated the playoff thread in several weeks, so I can't check on the gold playoffs from 2045. Unless someone has a screen shot of the playoff tree from last week, it'll have to wait for an update. Best of luck to those playing forward.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #5359
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

In a prime example of every win counts, Southern needed all 79 OL wins to hang on to the top spot and secure their 7th Perfect tier OL crown, finishing a mere 0.004 ahead of Battery Point.

in the overall picture... in the AC, the division crowns were nabbed by the Washington Senators, Southern Southpaws and Fargo Buscemis; with the wild card spots going to Mammoth Mammoths and Hampton Roads Rush (4 of 5 OL teams).

In the NC, the Bold Strategy Cottons, Memphis Chicks and Dortmund Schwarz Gelben picked up the division crowns.... Battery Point took the top wild card spot.... for the 2nd wild card, the Minnesota Bold North and Waffletown Syrups found themselves tied after 162 games and needed a tie-breaker game to decide who would go to the post season and who would go home.

In a close game, Waffletown managed to prevail with a 5-4 victory and advance to the playoffs for the first time ever in the Perfect tier.

(side note: Harry Heilmann and his army of clones had a solid season in the NC, taking the top 3 spots in RBI production )

edit: relegations to Diamond
Harlem Hatchets
Virginia Freeloaders
Pablo Pandas
Ozark Bobcats
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stl jason; 10-06-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #5360
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Silver league update:

Reno stumbles down the stretch which allowed Stephensville to sneak by and nab the OL crown

in the overall... Stephensville, New Zealand and Tacoma nab division titles; and Daytona Beach picks up a wild card spot for the post season.

no relegations from Silver
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stl jason; 10-06-2019 at 11:05 AM.