Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Animation Show "Kewpie Dolls", No Players

I just recently tried to use the animation in the game... I was overwhelmed with how much better it had gotten... I actually use it while playing out my games.

Now all of a sudden, the players no longer run with animated movements, the are stiff "doll-like" figures?

I checked the manual on how to set up the animation, but it has no place showing how to activate in the game.

I recently installed all of my old 2D stadiums for each team in my league... but I don't use them because I really like the animation... do I have to choose a 3D Stadium provided by the game to get the animated players?
Could the old 2D stadiums cause the problem?

I choose the Modern 3D Stadium for my games... how do I get the game to have real-looking players that I had before... instead of these stiff, rigid figures that glide and scoot, rather than run.

I did not knowingly change any settings in the game... but I did notice there is one place in the options that show "Pawns"... it is not active... I can't change it... does this have something to do with the problem?

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Can I activate the animation once a game has started?

I began a game.

Opened VIEW: this is what is shown:

Modern 3D view is checked.
Automatically Setup Widgets is checked
Hide widgets during game action is checked
Wide Camera is checked

Opened OPTIONS and selected "Game Options".

(See Screenshot Below)

Notice under "Player Model Type" it shows "Pawns"... Could this be the reason I don't get figures that resemble baseball players instead of "kewpie dolls"?

(See game screen showing the kewpie dolls)
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Choose to manage a game and use the options menu before the game starts to change the player model type from pawns to real players.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:53 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Choose to manage a game and use the options menu before the game starts to change the player model type from pawns to real players.
Thanks for the reply.

Tried that... it will not allow me to change it.

But I will give it another try right now... I'll see if I can access it in the pregame again.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

On a whim, I clicked Team Stats at the top of the Options and Preview screen and it gave me the choice to choose real players instead of pawns.

I would never have looked at "Team Stats" to set the animation.

I just tried it as a last resort... and lo and behold... IT WORKED !!!

Thanks Orcin... you have just made my day!

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-13-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

see, you don't give yourself enough credit. you explored the gui and did it.

not so computer illiterate as you say!

many don't even make an attempt, and that prevents any learned forever. each time you fumble through something on a computer, you learn something. more dangerous early on. had to reformat many a pc in my youth. heck, even in last 10 years i've probably done somethign so dumb i nearly bricked my PC.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
see, you don't give yourself enough credit. you explored the gui and did it.

not so computer illiterate as you say!

many don't even make an attempt, and that prevents any learned forever. each time you fumble through something on a computer, you learn something. more dangerous early on. had to reformat many a pc in my youth. heck, even in last 10 years i've probably done somethign so dumb i nearly bricked my PC.
All the wonderful people here on the OOTP Forums have really taught me a lot over the last 15 years.

I remember when I first started playing the game, a young 15-year-old kid named dbacks showed me how to post a screenshot.

He began my lesson with a picture of an arrow on the screen... he said it was a "cursor"... and then he posted pictures of each step of the process to help guide me.

dbacks was special... wonder where he is now?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

hey, i don't even know how to use an ipad/iphone/ipod/imac LoL.. how about that?

if you own one, you know more than someone with a degree in computers that has refused to ever buy from them

i'm confident i could manage, though. monkey see, monkey do works well for me.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
hey, i don't even know how to use an ipad/iphone/ipod/imac LoL.. how about that?

if you own one, you know more than someone with a degree in computers that has refused to ever buy from them

i'm confident i could manage, though. monkey see, monkey do works well for me.
You know why I don't learn technology very quickly... I'm afraid of doing damage by trial-and-error.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

NoOne,

No one on the Forum seem to know much about Promotion and Relegation... I can't get any answers to my questions.

Guess what I just did... I set up a new league with two leagues with 6 teams in each one... and I can use promotion and relegation.

I just created a custom league with one league and 6 teams... after I set up the first league... I added a second league to the first one... and they are separate leagues, which is what you have to have to use Promotion and Relegation.

So far, so good... hope it all works.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

hahah that's the best way to learn... you don't make that same mistake twice, i promise.

as you fume about reformatting and re-installing the OS, LoL. it's proper motivation. it lasts longer than normal mistakes when you pay severely for it

they say a speeding ticket typically has a 6-month psychological effect. after that, most start driving as they did before. mistakes are important.