Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
John McGraw
Minors (Single A)

Simlulation Seasons-What am I Doing Wrong?

Thought I'd give it a go and simulate a franchise history using the 1954 Baltimore Orioles. I went through the set up and played the season.

In real life, the team was 54-100. My season was 61-93. Great. I'm a terrific manager!

Next season, issues. I constantly get notices that a guy is on my active roster but not the 40-man. I figured out I needed to drag and drop him into the 40-man.

I keep getting guys through trades or waivers or whatever, and some I put on the roster, others I just drag and drop into a minor league team. These are players I've never heard of and I do not bother to manage the minor league. At one point, I had no one on a minor league team. So I had to move about 15 guys into it just to let me continue play for my Orioles team.

In 1955 (real life and in OOTP), the Orioles and Yankees traded Bob Turley for Gus Triandos and others. But before my season started, I lost Triandos to the Draft 5 Rule (whatever that is). I just let the computer AI handle it. I did get Triandos back, somehow, during the season.

I constantly get private messages which stop play and I do not know what to do. Sometimes I need to put a player on a roster. But to do that, I need to drop someone off my 25-man. I end up just releasing him because I don't know what else to do. He won't fit anywhere.

BUT MY BIGGEST PROBLEM:
My lineups shifts constantly--without me touching them. I will set up the vs RHP and vs LHP. I'll set the lineup and the utility guys. Then, when I get a private message, I'll check the lineup and it has no players in some positions and batters shifted in the line up and guys in different positions.

I keep adjusting it at every message break. It's a time waster. My pitching line up seems fine, but the batters are all over.

So, the 1955 season was a disaster 50-104 (57-95 real life). Close but I think my transactions and lineup shifts were a problem I could not control.

1956, I guided my team to a dismal 46-106, 56 1/2 games back season! (real life 69-85).

It's not the game's fault.

But, How can I control the line-ups better, and make realistic transaction player moves, and end these ridiculous private messages that stop play (even when they tell me--we lost a player to San Antonio AAA three days after I made the move)?

Last edited by John McGraw; 05-04-2018 at 09:19 AM.
John McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
yawgmoth
Minors (Single A)

Sounds like you to need to spend some time in the new to the game forum. In particular read this: http://http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=270146
yawgmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
John McGraw
Minors (Single A)

Just read the post yawgmoth linked and I'm lost from the start.

I have no idea what to set up or how to start setting up a simulation from the post.
John McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McGraw View Post
Just read the post yawgmoth linked and I'm lost from the start.

I have no idea what to set up or how to start setting up a simulation from the post.
Yeah, to be honest I don't even know what that link's post is about. More bewildering than if you played the game blindfolded.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it sounds like it's just a matter of settings fitting what you want.

i don't play historical, so this will require some reading of the manual and maybe some other forum searches etc...

transactions -- can be completely fictional once you start or adhere to what happen historically, i believe... and even combinations fo the two when it comes to development.

mil can be a bit wonky early on. ootp may have all the players that played in teh mlb or at least x # of games in mlb, but it may not have all the mil filler players. from what i know, it's difficult to fill without allowing fictional players.

you can prevent these fictional players from ever making the mlb through settings... you sould also turn on "ghost players" which will allow incomplete mil teams to play with too few players... upto you on this one.

i'd tackle one things at a time. look through related settings, heck glance through all of them in case something is in an unusual spot, but relates. a lttle trial and error can get all this stuff as you want it. relatively speaking.

lineups changing on you etc:

this could be historical settings? could be a controlling manager. there's an option called "gm -legacy mode" under game/global settings. this would eliminate a controlling manager changing things.

if you are a GM, double check your options in Manager's Office. make sure you control the things you want to control. if you are focring the league to follow history for transactions and such, this may have limited effect on certain things.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-07-2018 at 04:11 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
Reggie
Major Leagues

As mentioned in the post linked by yawgmoth there are a lot of moving parts in the game. It's difficult to walk someone through all the possible scenarios on a message board. There might be someone that may be able to help but I would imagine they would need to know what settings are currently selected for roster management, trades and all that kind of stuff.

And as I reply someone is already helping..lol

Last edited by Reggie; 05-07-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Spoke too soon.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
daniwen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not much to add here other than if you don't know what draft 5 rule is you can toggle it on and off. Read up on it though. I manage/gm teams and draft 5 is major part of that for me.
daniwen is offline   Reply With Quote