Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
pvtitan21
Minors (Single A)

Shaking down the owner

I'm doing a historical replay and my team is having a solid season and I'm looking to make a trade to upgrade at a certain position. Every time I initiate a trade, however, the AI says the guy I'm trading for makes too much and it would put the team over budget etc. If your team is having a better-than-expected season, wouldn't the owner be willing to increase the budget. As the GM (and manager) is there something I can do to increase our finances short term?
pvtitan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You could dump salary to get under the budget, but that would probably be counter-productive unless you have a bad contract somewhere. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do except to increase the budget using the commissioner mode (i.e. cheat). The results of your fine season may be recognized in next year's budget if your owner's fiscal personality is reasonable.

Last edited by Orcin; 03-08-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
kq76
Global Moderator

I wish we had a way to ask for more money and maybe we'd get it or maybe we'd get denied.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
pvtitan21
Minors (Single A)

Well I have Willie Mays on my team and I'm willing to deal him for someone younger but no one seems interested. I'm assuming his six-figure contract is proving to be too prohibitive for the AI owners. Maybe I can unload him near the trade deadline if my team is too far out.
pvtitan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

One of the things I always loved in FM was the ability to not only go to the Owner and ask for an increase in budgets (Among many other things), but to complain about it to the press if you didn't like his answer to put pressure on him!

Course it backfired and you were shown the door more often than not, and managers in Football have quite a lot more power than GMs/FMs in baseball, but still, I feel a bit more Staff interaction could be something to look to build too. Especially for players who play GM or Manager only and have to deal with their AI partner fairly often.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 03-11-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there should be repercussions for poor financial management and lack of vision. asking the owner for more is no different than turning comissioner mode on. it merely avoids accountability for previous decisions.

even the 'generous' owners in real life expect to make a profit - maybe the one nearing his death bed and desperately reaching for a WS is an exception... i don't think there is an equivalent type of owner in game, so you can expect that type of behaviour to be non-existent in game.

(i'm fairly certain the tigers make money, regardless of what their books say. it's actually advantageous to operate with an accounting "loss" when you don't have to keep stockholders happy with dividends. accounting net profit/loss is most definitely not the same as making or losing money in a given year.)

i guess if profits are FAR exceeding estimations, that would be a reasonable time an owner would expand the budget for a july trade. in that situation you can gaurantee it was not GM human error that caused the need for more money. it would be hard to rationalize such a thing during the offseason.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-12-2016 at 03:16 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote