Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
hluraven
Major Leagues

New modern league - Summit Baseball League

Full League Name (Initials): Summit Baseball League (SBL)
Main URL: http://summitbaseballleague.net
Forum: Summit Baseball League ? Index page
Reports URL: Home
OOTP Version: 14
Players: Modern - Lukasberger's September updated rosters + feeder leagues
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Every second day, 0800 GMT
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
First Season: 2013
Latest Season: 2014
Settings: Summit Baseball League ? Login
Rules: Summit Baseball League ? Login

Ratings 1-10 with stars on. Scouting at 100% accuracy, no coaches, DH for both leagues. Pretty much all standard modern online rules, with a couple of minor tweaks to try and discourage unrealistic tanking.

About half the GMs are from Paramount Baseball League, a 15-year online league with some of the best GMs, Rules and Commish out there. Using the experience from PBL to establish the rules and recruit a lot of top GMs, along with some other invited GMs from other leagues, this should be an excellent long-running league.

We are about to hit the trade deadline in the second season. The reports are up to date, so if you are interested in taking over any of the teams below then send me an email at robertnichols910@btinternet.com

Open teams:

Chicago White Sox

Last edited by hluraven; 03-02-2014 at 04:10 AM.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

I will go on record as saying if your looking for a new modern day league that will have longevity then look no further than the SBL. I am the commissioner of the Paramount Baseball League which is in its 16th season and Rob (SBL Commish) has been one of my most valuable helpers since the beginning.

I can also personally speak very highly of the group already committed to the SBL as they are not just great OOTP minds but also great guys to talk with.

There are lots of modern day startups that never really take off but I know the SBL will not be one of those. This league will be a success and will be here to stay.

Highly recommended for those seeking a challenge.
Dbobola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
truthserum
All Star Starter

Sent an email. The main url has an extra 'L' in it in the original post.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthserum View Post
Sent an email. The main url has an extra 'L' in it in the original post.
Thanks, amended.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
hluraven
Major Leagues

Updated after the first season with vacancies.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
stevem810
All Star Starter

Excellent league with experienced commish and GM's. Sims are always on time, forum activity brisk, and the competition level is high, while at the same time friendly.

It all adds up to a great OOTP experience. If you are looking for 'that' league, this is it.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
kee1108
Bat Boy

The foundation of any good leagues starts from the top, a commish who is willing to put in the work. Then come a solid core group of GMs. SBL has both of them. Come join us.
kee1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
truthserum
All Star Starter

With this many openings it would appear something is amiss, but this is actually a really good modern day league to join. The Rockies GM is awesome in his game of the week articles. There is no doubt, there is a core of GM's here that are looking to make a successful running league....and that's the type of league you want to join.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
wdtd31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
Full League Name (Initials): Summit Baseball League (SBL)
Main URL: Summit Baseball League
Forum: Summit Baseball League ? Index page
Reports URL: Home
OOTP Version: 14
Players: Modern - Lukasberger's September updated rosters + feeder leagues
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Every second day, 0800 GMT
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
First Season: 2013
Latest Season: 2013
Settings: Summit Baseball League ? Login
Rules: Summit Baseball League ? Login

Ratings 1-10 with stars on. Scouting at 100% accuracy, no coaches, DH for both leagues. Pretty much all standard modern online rules, with a couple of minor tweaks to try and discourage unrealistic tanking.

About half the GMs are from Paramount Baseball League, a 15-year online league with some of the best GMs, Rules and Commish out there. Using the experience from PBL to establish the rules and recruit a lot of top GMs, along with some other invited GMs from other leagues, this should be an excellent long-running league.

We have reached the end of the first season, so with the inevitable churn of GMs over the course of a season, we have some vacancies to fill during the off-season. The reports are up to date, so if you are interested in taking over any of the teams below then send me an email at robertnichols910@btinternet.com

Open teams:

Cincinnati Reds
Houston Astros
Los Angeles Angels
Miami Marlins
New York Yankees
Oakland Athletics
Toronto Blue Jays

Are these the current open teams??? I tried contacting you via email and it said it was an invalid email ....
wdtd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #10
hluraven
Major Leagues

Definitely a valid email, not sure the problem there. The teams are updated and we would like to fill them as soon as possible. Very good competitive league with a mix of experienced GMs and very good newer online GMs.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #11
hluraven
Major Leagues

Three to fill, nearly full now.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
flyers106
Bat Boy

looking to join a leauge

hello
my name is rich and I am looking to join a league as gm I am new to baseball sims but not new to baseball love baseball and would love to run a team and at some point maybe run a league glad I found this game.

email: rkerr488919@comcast.net

thank you for your consideration

rich
flyers106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #13
hluraven
Major Leagues

We are down to one vacancy, the Oakland Athletics. A team likely to finish last in the AL due to having no GM, they are a lot better than that with some talented young pitching in particular, and the very early pick will boost them.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #14
BJette
Bat Boy

Looking to Join

Hello,

I am new to this game, but have an extensive knowledge of baseball and baseball operations. I'd like to take over Oakland....I think it will be a fun challenge to try to turn them around.

Email : BJette41@gmail.com

Thanks

Brian
BJette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:20 AM   #15
hluraven
Major Leagues

We are in the middle of the playoffs in our second season, with the WS finishing next Sunday. We have one opening now, the Chicago White Sox. Dead last in the first season with a poor GM, bounced back to leading the division with a good GM during the second season before he went AWOL, and they finished firmly in the middle of the pack at 80-82.

Not the greatest organisation in terms of talent, but not a disaster either.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #16
matilde
Bat Boy

Hey everyone, I am new to OOTP and my parents brought the new 2016 game for me today, it looks a cool game but I think I will need some help with it because I dont have big knowledge of the stats and numbers! I am from England and because baseball is not big here its hard to have someone who knows baseball! If anyone can help I will be so pleased. Have a good Sunday!
matilde is offline   Reply With Quote