Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Georgia Peach
Bat Boy

Importing historical players

I'm looking for some help on importing historical players. I've set up 3 leagues previously and had no problems unitl now. I'm in a fictional league and I cleared all the FA's. I then went to import historical players, but instead of seeing the line where I can enter ruthba01 and then an additional line to enter the season I'm looking for, it said, "Enter season" or "select file containing numerous entries i.e. ruthba01." So I chose the historical database file, but now instead of giving me a line to enter the player code, it just says choose from file. Every time I chose historical database and nothing happens. It never gives me a line to enter the player code. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks for your help.
Georgia Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach View Post
I'm looking for some help on importing historical players. I've set up 3 leagues previously and had no problems unitl now. I'm in a fictional league and I cleared all the FA's. I then went to import historical players, but instead of seeing the line where I can enter ruthba01 and then an additional line to enter the season I'm looking for, it said, "Enter season" or "select file containing numerous entries i.e. ruthba01." So I chose the historical database file, but now instead of giving me a line to enter the player code, it just says choose from file. Every time I chose historical database and nothing happens. It never gives me a line to enter the player code. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks for your help.
If your using the latest version of ootp13, it should be the first 2 lines on the import historical players popup. Enter the info as you usually do and click select. Don't choose "Clcik here to import file"
Since you chose click here to import file, it's looking for a .txt file that has the players you want to import listed in it. You would need to create a .txt file with all the players bbref ids,year that you want to import and place it in the stats folder. When it says choose from file, select the .txt file you just created and it should import every player on that list.
Here's a sample .txt file that you can look at or use to see the proper structure. You add players to the .txt file in this format. playerid,year
Attached Files
File Type: txt Seamheads League.txt (18.6 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-09-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote