Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #221
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gustafson View Post
Are you going to have player/finance editing (or commissioner) mode?
Yes, these things are editable and there is commissioner mode.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #222
JDevil
All Star Reserve

nm

Last edited by JDevil; 04-29-2015 at 12:52 PM.
JDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #223
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

3. FaceGen: For the first time, FHM will ship with FaceGen support. This brings much more life to the game. We have models in place for skaters, goalies and staff, including changing colors of helmets based on the team the player is on.

6. Redesigned Fictional Mode: We have removed the fictional mode from FHM 2014 and replaced it with a new version that is much more streamlined and stable. Now you can play with just one league (or add major junior and/or a farm team level if you like) and form it to your likings by changing selected rules and options (which stay in a sensible range - so no Hobbit league on Mars).

11. Historical changes: We’ve added new historical seasons to the game, so you can start even further in the past. In addition, you can now continue your game when reaching the last historical year and turn your game into a fictional league. We’ve added historical dollar values and a season preview, so you always know the situation for every season you are just about to start.
3. Any teaser on this yet

6. Since it's not included in the game, I assume I can add the USHL as a Major Junior, and have it as a part of the universe?

11. If historical seasons are included will we have the ability to import historical rookies? IE if I want to start a league in 1994, can I import historical rookies up until the present day?

Last edited by JDevil; 04-29-2015 at 12:52 PM.
JDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #224
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
3. Any teaser on this yet

6. Since it's not included in the game, I assume I can add the USHL as a Major Junior, and have it as a part of the universe?

11. If historical seasons are included will we have the ability to import historical rookies? IE if I want to start a league in 1994, can I import historical rookies up until the present day?
For FaceGen, Jorin and Andreas work hard on it. As soon as they have it done, we will show it.

For adding leagues in (fictional) games: no, not at the moment.

For historical: yes, you get the correct historical players enter the game every year from 1931 up to today (and then fictional if you want).
Old 04-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #225
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
For adding leagues in (fictional) games: no, not at the moment.
Thanks for the response. If it can't be added in fictional mode, could it be added in the "modern" setting?
Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #226
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

One question I have that I don't think has been addressed. Trade Wants. Will we be able to choose what we are looking for when putting players on the trade block? That way non-human controlled teams can submit offers of exactly what we are looking for. Might be to late to implement, just a thought though.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #227
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

"Redesigned Fictional Mode: We have removed the fictional mode from FHM 2014 and replaced it with a new version that is much more streamlined and stable. Now you can play with just one league (or add major junior and/or a farm team level if you like) and form it to your likings by changing selected rules and options (which stay in a sensible range - so no Hobbit league on Mars)."

For fictional leagues, I want to confirm that you are allowed only one minor league and one junior league. Is that correct?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #228
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
"Redesigned Fictional Mode: We have removed the fictional mode from FHM 2014 and replaced it with a new version that is much more streamlined and stable. Now you can play with just one league (or add major junior and/or a farm team level if you like) and form it to your likings by changing selected rules and options (which stay in a sensible range - so no Hobbit league on Mars)."

For fictional leagues, I want to confirm that you are allowed only one minor league and one junior league. Is that correct?
yes that is correct.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #229
julius
Minors (Single A)

I have been following the new feature updates for FHM2 with great interest. Since we are on the topic of fictional leagues, I wonder if anyone can confirm that it will be possible to edit the NHL, and the current minor and junior leagues if we so wish, into a fictional league (rather than start off in fictional mode)? If we maintain the current NHL structure with 30 (32?) teams and don't move teams into different conferences, would it not be possible to edit every team and player (if we wish) to achieve a hybrid fictional hockey universe? To me, the big advantage in doing so is that the rest of the hockey world remains intact and continues to interact with your new fictional league in exactly the same way as it interacts with the NHL, AHL, OHL etc. This seems much more satisfying (realistic) than a fictional league created in fictional mode that otherwise operates in a hockey vacuum. For example, how do you draft international players or otherwise generate new players for a fictional mode league? Perhaps I don't understand how this works.

Obviously this preferred alternative to creating a fictional universe requires a lot of editing work so it may have limited appeal. But, I enjoy doing this so I am just trying to confirm that it remains possible.

Are we still on schedule for a month end release?
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #230
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I have been following the new feature updates for FHM2 with great interest. Since we are on the topic of fictional leagues, I wonder if anyone can confirm that it will be possible to edit the NHL, and the current minor and junior leagues if we so wish, into a fictional league (rather than start off in fictional mode)? If we maintain the current NHL structure with 30 (32?) teams and don't move teams into different conferences, would it not be possible to edit every team and player (if we wish) to achieve a hybrid fictional hockey universe? To me, the big advantage in doing so is that the rest of the hockey world remains intact and continues to interact with your new fictional league in exactly the same way as it interacts with the NHL, AHL, OHL etc. This seems much more satisfying (realistic) than a fictional league created in fictional mode that otherwise operates in a hockey vacuum. For example, how do you draft international players or otherwise generate new players for a fictional mode league? Perhaps I don't understand how this works.

Obviously this preferred alternative to creating a fictional universe requires a lot of editing work so it may have limited appeal. But, I enjoy doing this so I am just trying to confirm that it remains possible.

Are we still on schedule for a month end release?
I assume it works just like OOTP does.

In OOTP you can have it randomly assign a draft class for you every year that consists of players from all over the world. You also have the option to use "feeder" leagues. These leagues are typically junior leagues (or in baseball terms High School/College teams) and your draft class comes from these leagues.

These leagues are also filled with players from all over the world.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #231
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
I assume it works just like OOTP does.

In OOTP you can have it randomly assign a draft class for you every year that consists of players from all over the world. You also have the option to use "feeder" leagues. These leagues are typically junior leagues (or in baseball terms High School/College teams) and your draft class comes from these leagues.

These leagues are also filled with players from all over the world.
Thats the big question isnt it??
Old 05-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #232
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Please don't assume it "just works as in OOTP 16" (not true).

Fictional mode in FHM gives a user a chance to build his own little universe with a Major and optional a Farm-Team and Junior league in addition. If you just choose to play with a Major League, the game creates a draft class with old enough player. If you play with the Junior Level, the game creates a draft class for this level and the Major League drafts from the Junior League. There are no international leagues around the world. The mode is not intended to be realistic, it is basically a sandbox for people to be creative.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #233
Retteri
Bat Boy

When creating a fictional league, can we adjust amount of players from different nationalities or is the game taking players amount of each nationalities by default from NHL?

There was something like this system in OOTP-14 for just example.

It would be cool to create a league based on somewhere nationality and the player pool looks like it too.

Thanks,
Retteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #234
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retteri View Post
When creating a fictional league, can we adjust amount of players from different nationalities or is the game taking players amount of each nationalities by default from NHL?

There was something like this system in OOTP-14 for just example.

It would be cool to create a league based on somewhere nationality and the player pool looks like it too.

Thanks,
The player nations depend on the teams you generate. If you have a league with 28 USA teams and (for whatever reason) 2 from Germany, the US teams will have mostly from the USA and the two other teams from Germany. Newly generated player (for the draft each year) are wighted by the number of teams from each nation. In addition, some player are from other nations (based on the nation quality).
Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #235
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The player nations depend on the teams you generate. If you have a league with 28 USA teams and (for whatever reason) 2 from Germany, the US teams will have mostly from the USA and the two other teams from Germany. Newly generated player (for the draft each year) are wighted by the number of teams from each nation. In addition, some player are from other nations (based on the nation quality).

So if we created a fictional league similar to the current NHL setup with 7 Canadian teams and 23 teams in the U.S, there would be far more players from the US than Canada?
Old 05-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #236
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
So if we created a fictional league similar to the current NHL setup with 7 Canadian teams and 23 teams in the U.S, there would be far more players from the US than Canada?
Yes, that is true.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #237
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, that is true.
So then if you played a game with only the actual NHL as the active league and generated draft classes would the player makeup of the league shift to a majority of USA players from the current domestic/international mix?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #238
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
So then if you played a game with only the actual NHL as the active league and generated draft classes would the player makeup of the league shift to a majority of USA players from the current domestic/international mix?
You can't play with "just the actual NHL active". The fictional mode is not related to the modern mode. If you want to play fictional, play fictional. If you want to play NHL, play the normal game.

But what do you care, you don't want to buy the game anyways.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #239
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
You can't play with "just the actual NHL active". The fictional mode is not related to the modern mode. If you want to play fictional, play fictional. If you want to play NHL, play the normal game.

But what do you care, you don't want to buy the game anyways.
You are correct. I don't but that does not mean I dont have interest in the development of the game as a long time OOTP supporter.

Thanks for answering my question.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #240
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yes, that is true.
Not sure I like this idea. My fictional world is similar to the real NHL with most players coming from Canada. The US, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, etc. are also well represented. In FHM2 will it be possible to edit the players name and nationality say, when the draft pool is created?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote