Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
librarybobl
Bat Boy

Real historical transactions

Has anyone played a season with "real historical transactions" checked? I just started trying this, but didn't check the lineups. I wanted to manage a team exactly as it was comprised that season. However, I get two players (so far) who keep getting called up from the minors who never actually played a game in the majors in real life. In commissioner mode I can undo it, but they re-appear. There was also a player who was on the team in real life, yet was never on the roster to begin with. When I edit and call him up, he goes back down. Is it possible to edit the data used for historical transactions? It may be too complicated for my head anyway. But I am curious what data is used for these. Would having historical lineups checked solve this, since my player in the minors who played a few games would have to be up at the time? Curious as to how this works or how to tweak it.

Last edited by librarybobl; 05-25-2019 at 08:23 AM.
librarybobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

what specific players are troubling you and what year are you playing in?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarybobl View Post
Has anyone played a season with "real historical transactions" checked? I just started trying this, but didn't check the lineups. I wanted to manage a team exactly as it was comprised that season. However, I get two players (so far) who keep getting called up from the minors who never actually played a game in the majors in real life. In commissioner mode I can undo it, but they re-appear. There was also a player who was on the team in real life, yet was never on the roster to begin with. When I edit and call him up, he goes back down. Is it possible to edit the data used for historical transactions? It may be too complicated for my head anyway. But I am curious what data is used for these. Would having historical lineups checked solve this, since my player in the minors who played a few games would have to be up at the time? Curious as to how this works or how to tweak it.
Did you select real minors when you created your league? If so, real transactions isn't set up to work with real minors. If you create a league without real minors and select real transactions, teams will have only the players that played for them that season. But, the AI/you can and will decide which ones it uses. For example, fire up 1975. Nate Colbert will be on Detroit's roster for the first 45 games, but the AI is smart enough to realize he stunk and he probably won't play.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
librarybobl
Bat Boy

Thanks for the help!
librarybobl is offline   Reply With Quote