Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Habs123
Bat Boy

Not Enough Players To Create Lineup

*** SOLVED *** READ BELOW FOR A LIST OF CHECKUPS

I was about to play the 2nd game of the playoff as GM ONLY (Babcock as HeadCoach) for MTL, everything was simming great.

I did not change the roster or whatsoever as I hit PLAYGAME I got the:

Attention! Not enough players to create lineup.

I searched the forums, checked for international play, checked farm rosters, did many time AI SETUP ORGANISATION, gave the assistants more freedom to move and trade players, I moved players across the NHL/AHL/ECHL... Nothing nada, still stuck.

Whats frustrating is that we have no further indication of whats wrong or where to look. So... After 1 hours of looking for a solution I gave up.

I will save the game if you want to look at it.

Last edited by Habs123; 10-23-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Solved thread
Habs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, we'd definitely like to have a look at that. Instructions for uploading the save are here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Habs123
Bat Boy

Ok, thanks a lot for the speedy reply.

I just finished uploading the file. It's called Habs123_notenoughplayer
Old 10-23-2017, 01:28 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks. Yeah, I'm getting the same thing when I try it; won't even let me advance if I turn DND on and set everything to the assistant, which usually gets past any roster issue. No obvious issues I can see with the lineup, so we're going to have to dig into the save a little and see what's going wrong.

Oh, wait, I see the problem. You're also managing the French U18 team and they've got a game in the U18 World Championship today, so you need to set up their roster. We need to change that error message to clarify which team it's referring to.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-23-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
Habs123
Bat Boy

Oh sweet! Thanks, that was probably the only thing I havent checked and completly forgot about that U18 Team. Like you said, a more specific messsage and possibly a reminder in the news items?

Thanks a lot thats appreciated.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #6
CMak
Bat Boy

I'm having this same problem with a fictional league. My team has one minor league affiliate. How do I set it up so that the minor league team is properly filled out by the computer so I don't have to deal with it? I can't even find a way to view the roster of that team directly.

Thanks!

--Chris
CMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

You can switch teams by clicking on your team's name under "Team + League Controls", that'll open a dropdown where your minor league team will be listed first. But is it specifically mentioning that it's the affiliate that has the roster problem? That's a little unusual for a fictional game.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #8
CMak
Bat Boy

It's not. I've created my fictional league, drafted, setup my roster and lineups and everything, and when I go to play the first preseason game I get a message that says,
"Not enough players to create lineup for [team name here]".

So I guess the problem is with that team, but I don't get it. If I've read all the roster rules correctly, I should be good to go. I wish this error message included more specific info on exactly what it thinks the problem is.

I have no idea how to fix this short of letting the computer auto-run everything, which I'd rather no do.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #9
CMak
Bat Boy

I uploaded my save files as "Westeros Hocky League 01.lg.zip" to the FTP site. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

In that save, the team doesn't have anyone dressed and no lines are set. As soon as I use the Action menu to have the assistant dress players (and then go to the strategy screen to create the lines, although that part isn't strictly necessary), I can continue to the first game.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #11
CMak
Bat Boy

Ah, thanks, Jeff. I thought I had done what need to be done via the depth charts. As I suspected, user error. :-)