Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 12-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #141
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post

Maybe Alex Liddi plays in the MLB but baseball is I think 100 times less popular than hockey, which is already 1000 times less popular than basketball, which in turns is magnitudes away from soccer. With all the due respect, in Italy no one has a ****ing clue about how the hell is Alex Liddi. Only baseball fans or geeks know him.

EDIT: Here you have some attendance figures... Italian Baseball League - 2013 - Toshiba Mastiff Gros
There is a team named the NEW BLACK PANTHERS???!!!

That is beyond awesome. I know what my next OOTP expansion team will be named
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #142
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I agree with you on being annoyed by the folks whining so much about the game. They clearly have short memories or perhaps didn't play games like EHM in it's early years. FHM, warts and all is significantly better than the first commercial version of EHM put out by SI. Heck it's even far, far better than OOTP was for its first half dozen+ versions and also probably better than the early Championship Managers too.

So I think the complainers have a somewhat unrealistic view of expecting a perfectly formed game to magically appear in its very first incarnation. That just doesn't happen with games in this genre.

So yeah, FHM has it's issues, some of which are quite frustrating. The game alternately bores me and makes me pull my hair out in frustration at times. Even so, it also has a lot of promise which will eventually be realized.

I don't agree on the folks doing the most complaining being avid OOTP players. Quite the contrary, the folks on this board who continually voice their displeasure all seemed to show up here only for FHM. I've never seen most of them on the OOTP part of the forums at all.

The OOTP players are going to be far, far more patient because they know what this company can do and have seen how far OOTP has come over the years.
I am more of a hockey fan and have never really followed baseball, although seeing that OOTP was the leading baseball game I tried it and was impressed.

I wouldn't say I was an avid complainer or whiner either.

I have always stated that a great deal of my disappointment comes from the quality of the game that was initially released and the amount of bugs that were present. To me this just highlighted how poorly the game had been tested.

A lot of this disappointment also comes from being a software developer myself so the waffle from the FHM team about not understanding the development process 'you fix one thing and something else might break' doesn't cut it for me. These guys are salaried as am I. I work in a team of 2 and the work we do is important stuff like ensuring people are being billed the right amount for their electricity usage, energy trading and measuring the amount of electricity that is used by our customers in the UK. I work on major developments that improve, streamline and complete these tasks accurately. There is a great deal of stress, hard work and pressure involved. The we are a small team argument doesn't wash with our end users or management and releasing software with so many bugs wouldn't cut it either. Also the lack of communication demonstrated here by the FHM team would not be tolerated either.

I didn't expect a great deal from the first version of the game. I expected a pretty basic Hockey GM simulation where tasks like trading, signing free agents and prospects would work and be completed with a fair amount of ease. This has not been delivered in my opinion.

I don't see this as whining or complaining but as voicing what are my opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree. However the beauty of forums is to spark debate and to allow everyone their say

Last edited by Penfold75; 12-25-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #143
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
I don't see this as whining or complaining really just voicing what is my opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree. However the beauty of forums is to spark debate and to allow everyone their say
I really wasn't referring to you.

Your complaints are a little more realistic and legitimate (imo) and less aggressively presented than those of some others are.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #144
tran
Minors (Single A)

I bought three versions of EHM and bought FHM the first day it came out.
Can't remember much about the first NHL EHM, but FHM is nowhere near as good as NHL EHM 05.
This game is unplayable, unrealistic and buggy. Free agency doesn't work right. The draft doesn't work right. Waivers don't work right.
And this is just the NHL. Who knows how badly the other leagues work.

I don't regret my purchase, because it was a small price to pay for doing my part to get a new hockey sim up and running.

But the people complaining about the angry customers need to get a grip. This game is a steaming pile of ****.

Get on your horse and make it better next time around.
tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #145
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Any news when the next patch will be here?
Think it´s little to quiet from development team...

Car maniac and hockey enthusiast...
Särås is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #146
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

I second that I really would like to know when the next update will be released and if some info on what the update fixes are going to hopefully be.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #147
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Same here... Getting a little tired of logging into a FHM forum and still no news on anything whatsoever from the game designers.

The producers should really decide from here on out if this whole project is worth it and want to forge a fanbase for the game because with all the so called work going on between the scenes, and the obviously ignorant avoidance too the customer base, they won't have anyone left to buy they're product including myself.

So I say this evening with rum and egg nog in hand, Shape in or shape out FHM makers.. really! Sorry to sound more of an azzhat here but this is getting frustrating and overbearing

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-30-2013 at 03:42 AM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #148
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Särås View Post
Any news when the next patch will be here?
Think it´s little to quiet from development team...
Any news about a real patch, that fixes things ?
And I don't mean custom or historical part of the game, things that i couldn't care less about. No I'm talking about basics like trading, stats, scouting, tactics, hiring a head coach etc etc

Would be nice .....
Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #149
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Hello Darkness my old friend
My FHM2014 has crashed on me again
Error laden stats around the screen are creeping
My Netminder is rubbish and I cant trade to replace him
And the vison of the errors in the draft still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I played alone
With narrow texts of unsigned Free agents
Neath the halo of my pc monitor
I couldn't use the waiver wire
No two way contract for my young star
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of an error message
That killed my save
And all we hear from OOTP is the Sound of Silence.

I decided in my boredom to put my frustration to song. Thanks Simon and Garfunkel. Next week I will express my disappointment through the medium of dance but there won't be a link to a youtube video don't want to scare the kids
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #150
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Next week I will express my disappointment through the medium of dance ....
Good idea
Quote:
.... but there won't be a link to a youtube video don't want to scare the kids
Pity, that would have been fun to post it here, to have something fun(funny?) to talk about for once ^^

Last edited by lorreporre; 12-30-2013 at 07:33 AM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #151
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I think this game done! No dev coming to discuss what they are working on or even if they are working on anything for that matter. They keep saying they are but we hqve had how many patches since the release? and the basics have still not been fixed!
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #152
Garethw87

I know its frustrating and it seems like all the work as stopped, it hasn't! I can't say much but things are being worked on. People should remember that it's basically two guys working on everything (bar the custom leagues they have researchers) so think, if they make a big update, which has to be tested, then passed to the behind the scenes guys to test, if there are problems its sent back and worked out, and repeat. I'm frustrated too that there is no talk from any of the team in here to let us all know but I'm sure they have their reasons?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #153
Wayne23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For whatever reason developers (not just here at OOTP) don't seem to get it. Just a word here and there, something like, "We're working on it, hope to drop something soon" can mean a great deal. Total lack of communication simply alienates the fan base- needlessly. Okay, I haven;t purchased the game, so I guess I'm trolling, but I honestly do hope to purchase once it comes together.
Wayne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #154
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Hello Darkness my old friend
My FHM2014 has crashed on me again
Error laden stats around the screen are creeping
My Netminder is rubbish and I cant trade to replace him
And the vison of the errors in the draft still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I played alone
With narrow texts of unsigned Free agents
Neath the halo of my pc monitor
I couldn't use the waiver wire
No two way contract for my young star
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of an error message
That killed my save
And all we hear from OOTP is the Sound of Silence.
You had me on "Hello Darkness" and I sang along right away!
Great song, great re-write, not so great game, awful way to enter the year 2014, you know, without hope to see improvement with FHM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #155
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
I know its frustrating and it seems like all the work as stopped, it hasn't! I can't say much but things are being worked on. People should remember that it's basically two guys working on everything (bar the custom leagues they have researchers) so think, if they make a big update, which has to be tested, then passed to the behind the scenes guys to test, if there are problems its sent back and worked out, and repeat. I'm frustrated too that there is no talk from any of the team in here to let us all know but I'm sure they have their reasons?
Totally agree on this one - as already stated before, this is no EA Sports factory building with 25498 coders etc... so it will take time

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #156
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Exactly, but not many people think about that in a microwave oven society. Just be grateful someone out there actually is making a hockey manager. How many do you know? Hmmm? Zilch! We all know what this company is capable of, apparently you don't. You= whiners and complainers. It pisses me off to no end to read this grammatical crap over and over again. Make your [expletive here] own game if you're not happy. Just don't come on the forum and spew garbage because you can't hold your liquor or your dog left you. It doesn't help, and it's annoying.

Find a hobby.

Flame on trolls. I'm ready.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #157
tran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
Exactly, but not many people think about that in a microwave oven society. Just be grateful someone out there actually is making a hockey manager. How many do you know? Hmmm? Zilch! We all know what this company is capable of, apparently you don't. You= whiners and complainers. It pisses me off to no end to read this grammatical crap over and over again. Make your [expletive here] own game if you're not happy. Just don't come on the forum and spew garbage because you can't hold your liquor or your dog left you. It doesn't help, and it's annoying.

Find a hobby.

Flame on trolls. I'm ready.
People paid REAL MONEY for this game. This wasn't freeware, even if it felt like it.

Some people, like me, see it as an investment in the future of game. But to be honest, I'm thinking it's a poor investment, because I highly doubt there will be an FHM 2015 considering what a miserable failure 2014 is.

But other people just spent this money because they wanted a video game.
You can buy working video games for $40.

People have every right to express their disappointment in this clunker.
tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #158
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
People paid REAL MONEY for this game. This wasn't freeware, even if it felt like it.

Some people, like me, see it as an investment in the future of game. But to be honest, I'm thinking it's a poor investment, because I highly doubt there will be an FHM 2015 considering what a miserable failure 2014 is.

But other people just spent this money because they wanted a video game.
You can buy working video games for $40.

People have every right to express their disappointment in this clunker.
O/c ppl have the right to express whatever they think about the game, it just doesn´t help nor will it make development faster to, not pointed at you now, QQ all over & all over again.
I´m 100% sure that there will be a FHM 15 and more in the upcoming years as i´m pretty convinced that those guys have a realistic business plan for their hockey department and didn´t expect skyrocketing sales for the first, bumpy version.
Again, if one doesn´t have the patience it´s ok - I like the game, after checking out the other product i know what they´re capable of and therefore i´m sure we have a cool finished game BEFORE they start to work on the new version.

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 12-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #159
BradC
All Star Starter

FWIW, yes, we're still working on the next update to the game. I talked about it with Jeff not too long ago. Unfortunately, as Jeff and I have mentioned before, there's nothing we can really say beyond that right now.

The problem is that if we put out a list of things that are being worked on, and then that list has to change for various reasons (for example, changing X broke Y, and the programmers can't figure out what went wrong, so it's better to pull the change to X for now, rather than delay the update for something that could take a while to fix), then we'll have to deal with comments from people who are upset when the update is released.

We fully understand everyone's frustration, and we're working as hard as we can to get this update done. I hope everyone also understands that folks on the OOTP dev team needed some well-deserved down time for the holidays, so not much was going to happen last week or this week anyway.

And, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he will bring you FHM 2015 next year. We're committed to this game, especially since sales have so far greatly surpassed our early expectations. One advantage of being such a tiny company is that we can survive on sales that would cause a company like EA to cancel a project. The downside, though, of course, is that we don't have anywhere near the resources EA has at their disposal, so things sometimes take longer than you would like - and we're not thrilled with that either.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #160
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
FWIW, yes, we're still working on the next update to the game. I talked about it with Jeff not too long ago. Unfortunately, as Jeff and I have mentioned before, there's nothing we can really say beyond that right now.

The problem is that if we put out a list of things that are being worked on, and then that list has to change for various reasons (for example, changing X broke Y, and the programmers can't figure out what went wrong, so it's better to pull the change to X for now, rather than delay the update for something that could take a while to fix), then we'll have to deal with comments from people who are upset when the update is released.

We fully understand everyone's frustration, and we're working as hard as we can to get this update done. I hope everyone also understands that folks on the OOTP dev team needed some well-deserved down time for the holidays, so not much was going to happen last week or this week anyway.

And, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he will bring you FHM 2015 next year. We're committed to this game, especially since sales have so far greatly surpassed our early expectations. One advantage of being such a tiny company is that we can survive on sales that would cause a company like EA to cancel a project. The downside, though, of course, is that we don't have anywhere near the resources EA has at their disposal, so things sometimes take longer than you would like - and we're not thrilled with that either.
AMEN!! .... wtg, dudes

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016