Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Traditional 162 game schedule for 24 teams

I wanted a schedule for 24 team (4 divisions of 6 teams each) like MLB during the period 1969-1976. But those schedules had too many doublehheaders for my taste, so I extracted the NL schedules from 1991 and 1992 and combined them into this schedule. This has the added benefit that the schedules for the 2 leagues are not mirror images. I only had to re-schedule 1 doublehheader. The schedule is designed to start on a Monday and is 182 days long.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:22 AM   #2
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Thank you so much for this schedule! I've spent the past three hours trying to figure out a way to get this type of 24-team schedule by modifying schedules that came with the game. Decided to take another look at the schedule list in the forum, and finally found your schedule. This is perfect! Thank you!
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Do note something about the 1992 NL schedule: due to the Republican National Convention being held at the Astrodome, the Houston Astros ended up with a 26-game road trip from July 27 through Aug. 23.

ETA: That 26-game road trip appears in the original schedule, by the way. The number of originally scheduled doubleheaders drops off sharply in the early 1980s, and to single digits in 1986. In the NL specifically, here are the number of doubleheaders appearing in the originally published schedule by year; one should be able to manually change them into single game events with only a little bit of rearranging.

1985: 8
1986: 5
1987: 6
1988: 2
1989: 2
1990: 1
1991: 0
1992: 1

As mentioned the 1992 schedule probably shouldn't be used as a base due to Houston's scheduled 26-game road trip; the other years should be fine. There are some minor changes to the pattern of divisional and interdivisional games in some of the seasons; the usual pattern used for the season was as follows: 6 divisional series, 12 interdivisional series, 8 divisional, 3 interdivisional. All-Star break, 3 interdivisional, 6 divisional, 6 interdivisional, 10 divisional.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 10-10-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I've moved a few series around to fix the road trip problem.

I also changed the start date to the first Monday on or after April 1, to be consistent with modern MLB start dates.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
adamj
Minors (Double A)

24 team schedules based on 88 and 89 NL schedules

I'm getting ready to start another fictional 24 team league, so thought I'd try to create another schedule similar to the one Bailey and Burke provided. Since 1988 and 1989 only had two double headers each, I decided to use those two years.

The schedules are tweaked from the actual schedules in the following ways:

The two double headers in each year have been eliminated.

There were a few unusual off days (such as Saturdays), probably due to a schedule conflict in the multi-use stadiums of that time period. I moved games from other days to fill in those Saturday off days.

I moved a few other games around to minimize occurrences of teams having more than one off day in the same week.

I set the start time for all Monday to Saturday games to be 1905, and Sunday games to be 1305. Since the real life Wrigley had just recently gotten its lights, the unmodified schedule would end up with one team playing an unusual number of day games.

The All-Star Game is set for day 100. In those years, the all-star break was only 3 days, and I left it that way.

With this schedule format, each division is playing a unique schedule. So I created 4 versions in total, so that each schedule cycles through the divisions every four years. With all four files in the schedule folder, load one into the league, and the game will automatically move to the next one for the following season The rotation for the divisions is:
Schedule A: 1 2 3 4
Schedule B: 3 4 1 2
Schedule C: 2 1 4 3
Schedule D: 4 3 2 1

The schedules are set to start on a Monday, but I did not specify which Monday, and are 182 days long.
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote