Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #121
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Great achievement. You should have added a fourth...."win the league and get your 4th PL championship".
That is my goal EVERY season. Unfortunately that goal is always a hard one to accomplish for me.😨
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #122
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Frank Robinson, Orlando Cepeda, Don Larson and about 95 other cards. I headed out for Pizza while the shop owner was still going through them so I’ll pick them up tomorrow. Enjoying a cold Summit now.

Edit: How could I forget, also Norm Cash.
Frank Robinson is always a hit for me. Any season. Since we are talking cards or old favorites mine are Willie Mays, Frank Robinson, Sandy Koufax my top three in that order. So anytime you get Frank I smile. He was also my favorite avatar that you used so far. 😁
Old 04-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #123
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As we head into September Barely Legal is 4 games out of the last Wild Card spot. I do not want them to make it. I am vary Leary of playing that team in the playoffs. They seem to have my number. Maybe it is the name Barely Legal Jesus. I mean Zorro vs Jesus, That is enough to scare the bejesus right out of ya.😱
Old 04-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #124
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
You only needed 79 wins yourself to get to 2000. You are there now also right?
I did join you last evening as a 2000 game winning franchise. The champagne flowed in Yakety into the wee hours. But the Yaks did not partake with their fans. There is still business to attend this season.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #125
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I did join you last evening as a 2000 game winning franchise. The champagne flowed in Yakety into the wee hours. But the Yaks did not partake with their fans. There is still business to attend this season.
Great job my friend. 😁👍
Old 04-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #126
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well we are on the well to my Mother-in-law for a afternoon party. Good luck to everyone today including myself who is on a 4 game losing streak. The longest of the season so far and coming at a terrible time. You do not want to be cold going into the playoffs. See you all either later tonight or tomorrow in the Playoffs. We are staying home on Easter so I will be able to enjoy the playoffs. Happy Easter to all who recognized it as a holiday.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #127
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Well we are on the well to my Mother-in-law for a afternoon party. Good luck to everyone today including myself who is on a 4 game losing streak. The longest of the season so far and coming at a terrible time. You do not want to be cold going into the playoffs. See you all either later tonight or tomorrow in the Playoffs. We are staying home on Easter so I will be able to enjoy the playoffs. Happy Easter to all who recognized it as a holiday.

Good luck. I hope they turn it around and get hot going into the PO. Happy Easter.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #128
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Good luck. I hope they turn it around and get hot going into the PO. Happy Easter.
Thank you my friend. Happy Easter to you also. 😁
Old 04-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #129
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Happy Easter all.

In case anyone cares about a Gryphon update... this year is the closest I have ever had to having three perfect level playoff teams - and in three separate leagues. Blue is surprisingly the one just out of the picture right now at 1-1/2 games back of the division lead but honestly on paper a much better team than the one I'm chasing. So obviously a worse manager, I realize... but if they can pull it off, the Gold is in first with a decent margin, and Red is in a tight race but clinging to a marginal lead.

Who knows... I'm sure I'll have three non-playoff teams by midnight tonight, but at least in the races for now.

Good luck all down the P412 stretch!

CHEERS
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #130
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Go Dunzie!

Have a blessed Easter!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #131
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Frank Robinson is always a hit for me. Any season. Since we are talking cards or old favorites mine are Willie Mays, Frank Robinson, Sandy Koufax my top three in that order. So anytime you get Frank I smile. He was also my favorite avatar that you used so far. 😁

My favorite players were Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron, Vida Blue, Tony Oliva, Killebrew of course, Willie McCovey and his buddy Willie Mays....so many more....
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #132
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
My favorite players were Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron, Vida Blue, Tony Oliva, Killebrew of course, Willie McCovey and his buddy Willie Mays....so many more....

I love Killebrew. It hurts my heart that he isn't that viable in PT. I've tried him on all 3 of my teams and he only stuck on my team that specifically caters to RH power hitters. His OBP helps a bit, too. But his power is definitely not what it should be IMO.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #133
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I love Killebrew. It hurts my heart that he isn't that viable in PT. I've tried him on all 3 of my teams and he only stuck on my team that specifically caters to RH power hitters. His OBP helps a bit, too. But his power is definitely not what it should be IMO.

Super guy and he had some monster homeruns. I saw him at Metropolitan Stadium when I was a kid. In the 60's he had HUGE power for sure.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:11 PM   #134
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Red face

Quote:
Super guy and he had some monster homeruns. I saw him at Metropolitan Stadium when I was a kid. In the 60's he had HUGE power for sure.
One of the best for sure.😁
Old 04-20-2019, 11:13 PM   #135
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know, I feel the same way about Willie Mays.A lot of the ratings in the PT World are way off in my opinion.....
Old 04-21-2019, 01:03 AM   #136
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Any late races here left? Anyone interested in posting the standings?

Hope all are doing well...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #137
joehart
All Star Starter

Finally back home from real baseball. Here is a quick update before the playoffs start.

AC West:
The Dragons have taken the division with a 93-69 record (2 games ahead of the Meltdown and Scots) and will face the Keystone Perfectos in the first round.

AC Central: After losing the top of the division for part of the day on Thursday (July), the Base Thieves put together a .769 August (20-6) and took the division title.
They will have to face the Falcons/Scots or Phoenix in round one after the three way race for the second wild card spot is sorted out.

AC East:
The Keystone Perfectos managed to keep the Alchemists (2 games back) and Titans (5 games back)
behind them and won their division.

NC West:
This was not even a close one. The Rocky Point Zorros took the division with a 109-53 (league leading) record. Hagerstown Suns qualified for the wild card game and will face the Oakland Keys or Barely Legal Jesus team after game 163 concludes.
I think I can hear a worried Zorros owner that may have to face the Barely Legal Jesus team in round one. Yikes. This may be a re-play of last season.

NC Central:
The Cincinnati Redlegs won their division by 11 games (92-70 record).
Sanford Suns finished their season with a 75-87 record but are very safe from any relegation.

NC East:
San Diego Chargers won the division with a great 101-61 record.
They will meet the Redlegs in round one of the National league playoffs.

Good luck to all teams that play tomorrow and hopefully all other teams get shuffled back with us another time down the road. It was a lot of fun!!!
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:21 AM   #138
joehart
All Star Starter

Quite a good year overall for our family.
Base Thieves, Base Stealers, and Silver Pirates are going to Perfect league playoffs. Very happy to see the Silver Pirates in the playoffs.

Too bad they are playing in a wicked "Dragons" like stadium that favors RHBs.
As a team filled with all silver players that are good left handed batters, I fear this will be the end for their playoff race.

Too bad the Base Stealers don't get to meet the Gryphons Red in the playoffs. Good luck next season.

Any standings for other leagues? Hopefully Gryphons Gold and Yaks made it in P415.

Last edited by joehart; 04-21-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:31 AM   #139
joehart
All Star Starter

The Wild card race has been sorted out....the Barely Legal Jesus team is back in the playoffs after a 10-3 win over the Oakland team in game 163.
So much last minute drama in this league....

In the American league, my foe from last year (Central Falcons) faces the Meltdown team. Good luck.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 04-21-2019 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 AM   #140
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
The Wild card race has been sorted out....the Barely Legal Jesus team is back in the playoffs after a 10-3 win over the Oakland team in game 163.
So much last minute drama in this league....

In the American league, my foe from last year (Central Falcons) faces the Meltdown team. Good luck.
Oh man, I do not want to play Jesus on Easter Sunday.😱