Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #3721
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
They were. But not marked as -OL or +. Being unsure of whether to include them, I did not.
I'd include them as they are on the online sheet
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #3722
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I'd include them as they are on the online sheet
I'm confused then. Gotham wasn't included in the stats last season (week) and they haven't chosen to add the -OL or + indicators to their team, so I didn't know if they intended to be OL this season.

In any case, I'll leave that to the official arbiters of OL compliance and award bestowal. If Gotham is not included, the prior results stand (Congrats, Bulldogs.) If Gotham IS included, the finals standings look like this (Congrats, Muffins)...

Team W L Pct.
Mudville Muffins 18 14 0.563
Antique Bulldogs 21 18 0.538
Stephensville Bears 16 15 0.516
Corinth Cougars 17 16 0.515
Redmond Birds 18 23 0.439
Gotham Knights 14 18 0.438
Washington Base Stealers 5 8 0.385

UPDATE: Washington and Corinth meet in the AC Sub-League series. Both teams will advance to Bronze next season.

Last edited by revmcgator; 07-21-2019 at 03:09 PM.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #3723
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

California moves on to the LCS with a 3 games to 2 victory over Waffletown. Cooper goes down in their LDS matchup 3 games to 1.

California will move up to Perfect league next season.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 03:17 PM   #3724
Magus978
All Star Starter

Bronze .218 Update

- Blitzkrieg Boppers come back to beat Everett Silvertips in 5
- Hampton Roads Rush beat New Zealand Silver Ferns in 4
- Redmond Crusaders knock off the Southside Sluggers in 4
- Rockin' Robins lose to non-OL Tarzana Tarzans in 4

3 OL teams going up to silver. Watch the Boppers win promotion before the Patriots, since that's how these things work.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-21-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #3725
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The good news in Iron is that the Corinth Cougars and Washington Base Stealers will both be promoted to Bronze. The bad news is that they are about to meet in the AC Finals for a berth in the World Series.

Good luck, Joe.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #3726
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Harbour Town Falcons and Sanguine Classics will both be promoted to Gold. If they both win their Conference, two of my teams will meet in the World Series.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #3727
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Bronze .218 Update

- Blitzkrieg Boppers come back to beat Everett Silvertips in 5
- Hampton Roads Rush beat New Zealand Silver Ferns in 4
- Redmond Crusaders knock off the Southside Sluggers in 4
- Rockin' Robins lose to non-OL Tarzana Tarzans in 4

3 OL teams going up to silver. Watch the Boppers win promotion before the Patriots, since that's how these things work.
We had a decent pitchers duel in game 5. Red Rolfe's error was the difference. He will be exiled first chance I get (I have wanted him out for two weeks). Good luck the rest of the way.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #3728
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Diamond league update:

California moves on to the LCS with a 3 games to 2 victory over Waffletown. Cooper goes down in their LDS matchup 3 games to 1.

California will move up to Perfect league next season.
And during this series I was finally able to cash in Perfect Johan for ~80k after tax, so my team will be fundamentally different. I'm hoping to get a true ace for the roster, pick up an upgrade to my CF offense and depth, and fix that RF revolving door that Koenecke and Gwynn have partially filled for a while.

The lesson I've learned this week: Even on an all-in lefties team, you gotta still play the platoon game. Jeff Bagwell (RHB) went 2 for 4 with a 2B, HR, 4 RBI and 2R in an 8-5 game 5 win in the divisional series. This is as opposed to Dixie Walker, who would have otherwise taken the DH slot, who went 1 for 9 with no walks and no RBI in the series. We'll see how the revamped Quantum Condors perform next week.

Meanwhile, as the only remaining OL team in the Diamond playoffs, I'm hoping Cal can take home a trophy for the OL. But that's just gravy at this point.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #3729
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=revmcgator;4517696]I'm confused then. Gotham wasn't included in the stats last season (week) and they haven't chosen to add the -OL or + indicators to their team, so I didn't know if they intended to be OL this season.

In any case, I'll leave that to the official arbiters of OL compliance and award bestowal. If Gotham is not included, the prior results stand (Congrats, Bulldogs.) If Gotham IS included, the finals standings look like this (Congrats, Muffins)...

Team W L Pct.
Mudville Muffins 18 14 0.563
Antique Bulldogs 21 18 0.538
Stephensville Bears 16 15 0.516
Corinth Cougars 17 16 0.515
Redmond Birds 18 23 0.439
Gotham Knights 14 18 0.438
Washington Base Stealers 5 8 0.385

UPDATE: Washington and Corinth meet in the AC Sub-League series. Both teams will advance to Bronze next season.[/QUOTE

Having the OL and + attached to the name was never a requirement. I don't believe anyone thought the idea would take off as it has. While that is great fun for all of us, it has created the problems that have ensued with teams being missed. I believe Gotham last week was the only team that hasn't had its OL games accounted for in any season, which is remarkable given our loose and voluntary structure. Some people may choose to play very casually and just let their teams ride. I think they should still have their games counted if they are still compliant. If they are missed, they would just miss that season. Retroactively penalizing them further seems harsh to me.

I understand that is can be difficult to compile the standings without the identifiers. I think everyone appreciates the work of those that do them. However, sometimes (all too often,I think) OTP servers drop logos and identifiers. In Silver this year, I'm pretty sure Melaka had the "-ol" to start the season, but then it dropped.

Perhaps, going forward, we should adopt some standardization as part of the Our League structure. Here's what I propose:

All teams should add either of the common identifiers to the end of names, that is "-ol" or (ol).

All teams should add + to their abbreviation.

I would also strongly suggest that we adopt the abbreviation standard we used in ESSOM, the Strat play by mail league I played in. Last time I checked, the league had run for 35 years, and might still be going.

The abbreviation standard is:

Two word team names:

Redmond Birds becomes REB +

Two word cities, one word nickname:

Green Lake Cowboys becomes GLC +

One word city, two word nicknames:

Shasta Black Bears becomes SBB +

Two word cities, two word nicknames:

Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens becomes EFC +

Idiosyncratic spellings:

CliffMarkle Roadrunners becomes CMR +

In the rare cases that this system duplicates abbreviations, simply move on to the letter to the right to differentiate them:

Harland Clifts, Hattiesburg Cornhuskers both yield HAC. Harland becomes HRC ot Hattieburg becomes HTC.

Santa Ana Killers, Sanibel Knights both yield SAK. Santa Ana keeps the SAK, and Sanibel becomes SNK.

This need only apply in levels where teams are together.

There are nearly 70 teams in Our League. My thought is that if at least 50 think we should make the "ol" and "+" part of the compliance, we should do it. The only penalty I think we should impose for those that really don't want to do is they will risk having their games not count for OL crowns IF they are missed. I think those that compile the standing should try to include teams without the identifiers, but, given that it is their time and effort, they should not feel compelled to do it. It will be up to the teams that don't have the identifiers to make the effort to get their teams in if they are missed.

How about we run this for a week. Each team gets a vote, so if you have five teams, identify those five teams as five separate votes. I'll keep a count, and if we get to 50, we'll consider it done. Remember the abbreviation standard is only a suggestion. Also, we will not be banishing anybody over something like this. When teams have gone non-compliant in the past, they have simply identified themselves as such and there were a few games that weren't counted. I think a time or two a team pulled themselves out for a season. In this case, we just want people to be aware that they risk not getting a swell crown if their games are missed.

In the Gotham case, I would ask that someone check their roster to see if they have any ineligible players if possible. The Iron crown will go out after that question is answered. Thank you if you have read this far.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #3730
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Crusader take B218 Crown

Congrats. I don't have your logo. Post it if you want this changed.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #3731
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
In Silver this year, I'm pretty sure Melaka had the "-ol" to start the season, but then it dropped.
It did not dropped. As people are crusading for the "-", I have renamed the team "Melaka Armada(the maximum space in betweeeeeeeeeeen)-OL" so you won't see the -OL except in the report screen where it's compiled into "Melaka Armada -OL". This is also why my team's name on the playoff screen is off the center("Armada........" instead of "....Armada...." and have no "-OL".).

Last edited by Goliathus; 07-21-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #3732
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Waffletown Owns D366 (Again)

Sweet.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #3733
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Defenders Take Home G316 Crown

The city of Redmond is well represented in OL.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #3734
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Also, we will not be banishing anybody over something like this. When teams have gone non-compliant in the past, they have simply identified themselves as such and there were a few games that weren't counted.

I resisted because it looks stupid and is immersion breaking but I did change this season to comply.

Thanks for all the work you put into this Stanley.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #3735
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Oops

I guess I hit preview post in stead of submit reply. Here's the Southpaws.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #3736
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
It did not dropped. As people are crusading for the "-", I have renamed the team "Melaka Armada(the maximum space in betweeeeeeeeeeen)-OL" so you won't see the -OL except in the report screen where it's compiled into "Melaka Armada -OL". This is also why my team's name on the playoff screen is off the center("Armada........" instead of "....Armada...." and have no "-OL".).

Here two screenshots of my reports page in PT
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #3737
Goliathus
Major Leagues

What the hell kind of sorcery is this, my -OL indeed got deleted, I have added it back. Well, I guess I will double check in the middle of season next week so I won't get screwed.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #3738
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G316 Playoffs Update

Redmond lost the WC game in the NC

Shasta was defeated in theirs
Victoria won their division series.
Harlem won their division series

Contrats to Harlem and Victoria for moving up to Diamond!

I have updated the friends list - and also shaded teams that moved for the upcoming year in blue so people can easily tell who's coming into their league.

Edit to say: apologies if moving the teams makes is more difficult to add those last few games in the spreadsheet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 07-21-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #3739
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Redmond lost the WC game in the NC

Shasta was defeated in theirs
Victoria won their division series.
Harlem won their division series

Contrats to Harlem and Victoria for moving up to Diamond!

I have updated the friends list - and also shaded teams that moved for the upcoming year in blue so people can easily tell who's coming into their league.

Edit to say: apologies if moving the teams makes is more difficult to add those last few games in the spreadsheet.

be sure to check/update your friend's lists with the new shifts... that should be all of them so plenty of time to adjust as needed.

I just have the regular season win/loss totals on the online sheet.... think Stanley keeps the official overall standings (including post season win/loss) himself, so the online sheet will be off a bit concerning that
Old 07-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #3740
Charlatan
All Star Starter

The abbreviated version of my above post:
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote