Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #21
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I was really hoping he'd come back so the community could help.
I'm glad I came back because I love the game. I'm also glad I didn't vent like this. But if I had vented like this I'd hope that the community didn't slam the door shut on me. I'd hope that they understand and look past my frustration.
HP, honorable thoughts. Remember what I said above about this game not being for everybody and an incoherent rant being an indication of that. There is a winnowing process that goes on to separate the players from the onlookers, as you know.

Also remember that nobody shut the door on this fellow. He just chose not to come back because, I am afraid, this game is not for him.

Who knows, he may prove me wrong. The longer it goes, the less likely we are going to see him again.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #22
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I know and I do understand.

I'm not a fan of that behavior either. I just know that I have said some pretty dumb things in my life and I'm just glad that people like you were willing to give me multiple opportunities to show that I'm not like the person that I appear to be when I "sound off" at my worst.

I just want the OP to know that there's no reason to worry about was said here because I've said worse. As other have said it's actually worse to leave this hanging like this.

OOTP is too good of a game, Marcus is too good of a businessman, and the community is too good of a group for a post like this one. We've all put a lot of work into this community one way or another and we all deserve better than this post.

With all that said, I still think is was just frustration and not trolling.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #23
dennis4485
Bat Boy

it could be my laptop.......i am just so angry over it i stayed off of it for a few days..week
dennis4485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #24
dennis4485
Bat Boy

it was the game....said it crashed needed to delete files...wouldnt finish deleting..kept hanging up.....i had to stay off the game and laptop for a week or so to not throw the dang thing out the back door
Old 12-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #25
dennis4485
Bat Boy

correct i never said i hated the game. i love it. like i said i had to stay away for a while as to not destroy the thing. i hate the fact that it has or my laptop has caused me to lose my 12 seasons. anyway thanks guys for the tips as for some of you who didnt understand my post no need to defend ootp game it is just frustrating to get into something you love and have it not work properly
Old 12-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
With all that said, I still think is was just frustration and not trolling.
You are right, as the following posts and a PM indicate. I didn't think so, but that's always a possibility. Anyway, here goes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis4485 View Post
it could be my laptop.......i am just so angry over it i stayed off of it for a few days..week
Quote:
it was the game....said it crashed needed to delete files...wouldnt finish deleting..kept hanging up.....i had to stay off the game and laptop for a week or so to not throw the dang thing out the back door
Quote:
correct i never said i hated the game. i love it. like i said i had to stay away for a while as to not destroy the thing. i hate the fact that it has or my laptop has caused me to lose my 12 seasons. anyway thanks guys for the tips as for some of you who didnt understand my post no need to defend ootp game it is just frustrating to get into something you love and have it not work properly
OK, listen. You have to realize one thing: If it were the game, there would be TONS of complaints like yours, all over the General Discussion board. The fact is, there are not tons of complaints and as a matter of fact, with the exception of rare pre-start crashing, this version is considered to be quite stable and reliable.

So, that speaks to either your computer not being up to par or something you have done to corrupt your league files, if you are into tinkering. Try the usual: Check disk, defragmentation, create more drive space if necessary. Completely uninstall and reinstall the game. Sad to say, start a new league if necessary. It happens sometime; the files can get corrupt with a super large league over decades.

Good luck.

- Bru

Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #27
endgame
Hall Of Famer

There is a distinct possibility that what the OP is referring to is the post-crash popup that says there are text files with different dates that need replaced, or whatever it actually says. The processing of that deletion or update takes a long time, depending on the league and often causes one to 'think' it's locked up due to the fact it's Not Responding, but it is indeed still working and you just have to wait it out. That may be the pseudo-crash he's referring to, but I'm only speculating.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #28
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Hey bugs DO happen... even isolated ones. I have a game that I can't do back-ups on. When I try, it fails. Every time. I don't want to lost my game so I do manual backups.

That doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't happen and is frustrating. I get it.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #29
dennis4485
Bat Boy

thanks guys. i just deleted the game. and other games my son had downloaded. going to re-install tomorrow. and will try again. my leagues were simple i thought and the last one was a quickstart. not sure if i waited it would of deleted the files the game said i guess i should of just let it sit there but after 20 mins i thought it was just hanging up.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #30
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

AHA! (bolded):
Quote:
thanks guys. i just deleted the game. and other games my son had downloaded. going to re-install tomorrow. and will try again. my leagues were simple i thought and the last one was a quickstart. not sure if i waited it would of deleted the files the game said i guess i should of just let it sit there but after 20 mins i thought it was just hanging up.
You may need professional help in that case! Call in the Geek Squad!

- Bru

Old 12-18-2014, 03:00 AM   #31
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Hi Dennis

We all sincerely want to help, it's just the others have seen countless rants like this. I usually avoid them to avoid becoming jaded and cynical (ha! I'm a Mets fan...)

Anyway. Could you post the specs for the computer you're trying to run OOTP on? That might help us.

Also - try running a bare bones MLB game with no other international leagues enabled. Lets us know if the game starts properly doing that. Go to "New Standard Game", checkmark JUST "Major League Baseball", and then report back.

~Tej
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #32
dennis4485
Bat Boy

i havent re installed the game on my laptop yet. i put it on our home pc for a internet league. i will try to install when i get time.......Christmas time is so hectic. i hope i dont need to go to the geek squad but it does look like thats my best choice at this point. i will try to get specs on here tonight
Old 12-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #33
dennis4485
Bat Boy

i am running or tried to run it on a Lenovo lap top: Intel core i3 2330m cpu 2.2 Ghz
4 gig ram
64 bit operating system
windows 7 home premium
Old 12-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #34
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i am running or tried to run it on a Lenovo lap top: Intel core i3 2330m cpu 2.2 Ghz
4 gig ram
64 bit operating system
windows 7 home premium
Those specs are more than enough for this game. Even so, you may be having system or hardware problems. I was only half-joking about your son downloading games because the other thing that comes to mind is a computer virus.

One last thing. I read this again in your OP: "Game keeps hanging up when I try to clean up disks which it prompts me to do." That's a clue that I missed. This game needs ample hard drive space and it needs to have it orderly (that is, defragmented). So, you should check that and clean up and clean out, but not while the game is running!

- Bru

Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #35
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
It happens sometime; the files can get corrupt with a super large league over decades.

Bru, or anyone who has played this game for years now, how many teams, minor league teams, etc. qualify for/as "a super large league over decades" that would/could cause this game to crash?

I play with all the real teams and their minor league affiliates, and don't save fielding stats from year to year to help decrease the file size, and delete players that don't make the show.
I'm thinking/hoping that those 2 things help decrease the possibility of problems.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #36
tejdog1
All Star Starter

I know this - OOTP alone should NEVER cause a need/want to reformat/reinstall Windows.

Can I suggest some programs?

Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-Aware
AVG Virusscan

Install those on all your PCs/Windows based laptops. They do some great work in the background.

Also - keep in mind, OOTP is MASSIVE. It runs anywhere from 900 MB to 1.6 GB of RAM on my machine. I have 12 GB so it doesn't kill other stuff, but on 4 GB, it may.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote