Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #301
Marciano6
Minors (Triple A)

Issues

I am having issues as well. The game crashes often when I autoschedule fights. Once this happens I find fighters that shouldn't be in certain weight classes in them. It also resets fighters stages all back to prime. This is for version 1.4.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #302
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Problems Caused by Imported Game?

The way my problems seem to disappear after a re-install and then suddenly reappear makes me come to the sad conclusion that the central problem is likely the saved game I imported from version 2.0 via version 2.5.

I'm back to not being able to open/print html pages. Using the Custom Skin I'm seeing my alternate opening screen without the card at the upper left corner about buying the game for other platforms so not sure what else is not loading properly.

I've asked Paul which folders would be essential to save if I wanted to wipe the game clean off my machine and start over. I've sent him saved games and he doesn't seem to have any problems with them which confuses the heck out of me. The few cosmetic changes I've made with my Custom Skin should not be impacting the game.

Cap
Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #303
Marciano6
Minors (Triple A)

I love the game but there are way to many problems to enjoy it at this point.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #304
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
The way my problems seem to disappear after a re-install and then suddenly reappear makes me come to the sad conclusion that the central problem is likely the saved game I imported from version 2.0 via version 2.5.

I'm back to not being able to open/print html pages. Using the Custom Skin I'm seeing my alternate opening screen without the card at the upper left corner about buying the game for other platforms so not sure what else is not loading properly.

I've asked Paul which folders would be essential to save if I wanted to wipe the game clean off my machine and start over. I've sent him saved games and he doesn't seem to have any problems with them which confuses the heck out of me. The few cosmetic changes I've made with my Custom Skin should not be impacting the game.

Cap
The folders to save are "My documents/tbcb2013/saved_games" and "My documents/tbcb2013/custom_skin" (if you have it). The rest can be deleted after you have removed the game but before you re-install. That way you start afresh...

If you have customised some of the pictures in the game make sure you have copies before you delete the data folder or they will be lost.

Cap, can you send me your custom skin so I can see what impact it has please...
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #305
fastdan
Bat Boy

Ever since I installed an update
Every time I compose a fight card all fights are simulated.
Please assist.

Also, Luis Collazo is fighting this weekend and did not see him in the fighter...
fastdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #306
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
The folders to save are "My documents/tbcb2013/saved_games" and "My documents/tbcb2013/custom_skin" (if you have it). The rest can be deleted after you have removed the game but before you re-install. That way you start afresh...

If you have customised some of the pictures in the game make sure you have copies before you delete the data folder or they will be lost.

Cap, can you send me your custom skin so I can see what impact it has please...
I have sent you my Custom Skin folder.

Cap
Old 05-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #307
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I think I may have solved my problem with Custom Skins when I discovered the hotkeys mentioned in the "Skinning Basics" document.

Start game. In Intro screen outside the gym, hit the F2 key and wait for process initiated to halt [count 5 seconds after it says CLOSE] then hit Close. Open the Custom Skin folder found in C:\Users\Documents\tb2013\, and insert any altered images, writing over the existing ones. Save and exit. Start up your game and in the same opening screen as before hit the F3 key and let it process.

You should now be in your Custom Skin. Take a look at the Skinning Thread in the Discussions section of the forum for a few simple ideas.

Cap
Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #308
amst1979
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here's an interesting quirk regarding stored game data files(version 1.4). If, for example, you create 1000 fighters with the RFG and then delete all of them then the records of the existence of the created fighters would remain. For proof, the number of pages to the right of the "edit" tab would remain the same. The other categories have the same issue.

If it's meant to prevent crashes then it's understandable. However, in 2.5, everything related to the deleted record would simply be blank afterwards and there were no crashes due to that.

Also, no duplicates are permitted in this version.
amst1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #309
amst1979
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I also decided to give my own take on the excessive stoppages due to cuts. Try matching a fighter whose hitting power is 1 against an opponent whose hitting power is 13 with their other ratings being similar and both cut ratings at 1. Both pairs of cornermen are equal. An autoscheduled 999 fight series would result in similar numbers of stoppages due to cuts between the two.

My guess is the fight engine doesn't take hitting power into account regarding cuts and assumes that it's always 13. Otherwise, there wouldn't be such a large percentage.

To put this into further context, Maxie Rosenbloom should almost never cut an opponent (I don't know if he ever did, despite his style). Yet he does this regularly in this version despite the 1 in hitting power.

Last edited by amst1979; 05-23-2014 at 08:53 PM.
amst1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #310
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think I may have solved my problem with Custom Skins when I discovered the hotkeys mentioned in the "Skinning Basics" document.

Start game. In Intro screen outside the gym, hit the F2 key and wait for process initiated to halt [count 5 seconds after it says CLOSE] then hit Close. Open the Custom Skin folder found in C:\Users\Documents\tb2013\, and insert any altered images, writing over the existing ones. Save and exit. Start up your game and in the same opening screen as before hit the F3 key and let it process.

You should now be in your Custom Skin. Take a look at the Skinning Thread in the Discussions section of the forum for a few simple ideas.

Cap
Hi Cap,

For whatever reason, I can not seem to get the second part of this to work. I started with the RETRO look and wanted to tweak from there.
Any suggestions?

JP
Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #311
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TB2013 (latest version) has been working well for me until about 24 hours ago. It seems that all of sudden the game has issued numerous fighters the same ID numbers and when I attempt to use the auto-scheduler the game crashes. Don't know if issues are related (although I'm starting to think they are). These issues have reduced the game to only a Boxer Database. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Fixes? Really don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling game again.
3sam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #312
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sam3 View Post
TB2013 (latest version) has been working well for me until about 24 hours ago. It seems that all of sudden the game has issued numerous fighters the same ID numbers and when I attempt to use the auto-scheduler the game crashes. Don't know if issues are related (although I'm starting to think they are). These issues have reduced the game to only a Boxer Database. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Fixes? Really don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling game again.
How on earth did you end up with lots of fighters with the same ID? Please zip and send your game to someone@pisd.co.uk with a brief note and I will take a look.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #313
chaleyit
Major Leagues

I too am having problems. I suddenly am not able to have a fighter fight for more than one title on a fight card. I used to be able to select all the titles a fighter holds. Now the select titles portion of the fight card screen only allows me to select one title.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #314
jayhawk1106
Minors (Double A)

Ever since the new patch, every time I reload a game, no matter what age they are, it will always reset it to "Prime." I've set everyone to "Beginning" and it will always switch it back. How do I fix this as this is frustrating and I really want to get back to playing. Thanks for your time.
jayhawk1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #315
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk1106 View Post
Ever since the new patch, every time I reload a game, no matter what age they are, it will always reset it to "Prime." I've set everyone to "Beginning" and it will always switch it back. How do I fix this as this is frustrating and I really want to get back to playing. Thanks for your time.
Are these boxers you created with the RFG or did they come with the game? Several people have reported problems with RFG-created fighters. Mine gave me problems, so I just took existing boxers and altered them to suit me. They work fine.

Cap
Old 07-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #316
jayhawk1106
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Are these boxers you created with the RFG or did they come with the game? Several people have reported problems with RFG-created fighters. Mine gave me problems, so I just took existing boxers and altered them to suit me. They work fine.

Cap
No, it's doing it to pre-made boxers too.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #317
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Do you use boxers downloaded from the official database exclusively or is yours an imported universe from a previous version? I use mostly imported guys from my old universe and a handful of downloaded boxers who may be the same ones who were in 2.5 originally. I don't do the official update.

Cap
Old 07-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #318
jayhawk1106
Minors (Double A)

Official database.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #319
Cap
Hall Of Famer

As an experiment, try downloading a dozen or more guys from the mods section and keep them separate from the rest. Then use them in the auto-scheduler and see if the same happens to them as the ones from the official download.

Cap
Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #320
thecornerman
Bat Boy

New member, love the game. Actually fortunate to have gotten my hands on an old version of the board game a few years ago which helps my understanding of the computer game which I just got a couple months ago but since my ipad received an update for Title Bout, it wiped out all fighter photos. Is there a way to fix this?
thecornerman is offline   Reply With Quote