Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
60sfan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I own Second and Ten - a very good game. I've also played the demo of Action PC and thought it was excellent. One big advantage of Second and Ten is that it gives you every NFL team back to the 1940's.

Both games can be frustrating because to do well you need to know something about football strategy and to have good players.
60sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfan View Post
I own Second and Ten - a very good game. I've also played the demo of Action PC and thought it was excellent. One big advantage of Second and Ten is that it gives you every NFL team back to the 1940's.

Both games can be frustrating because to do well you need to know something about football strategy and to have good players.
Actually, that's one of the nice things about ActionPC. I thoroughly enjoy making offensive play calls and anticipating a defensive rush. I'm just terrible doing the same on defense, so I let the computer coach my defense and I just play the offense.

I don't know if you can do that with Second and Ten?
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I'm just the opposite of Jersey-Jim. I called the same six or seven plays on offense all year, but excelled anticipating and calling defenses and finally won the Bowl in my league after ten seasons of trying.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #24
Yasko
Bat Boy

[QUOTE=meade95;2959773]Modern WarSim......try CMSF. Comabt Mission Strike Force, by BattleFront. Great modern war sim.

I found CMSF on Amazon for $3. I think I'll give it a try for that price.

Is it good by it self, or does it need the add on mods?
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
meade95
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Yasko;2964393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meade95 View Post
Modern WarSim......try CMSF. Comabt Mission Strike Force, by BattleFront. Great modern war sim.

I found CMSF on Amazon for $3. I think I'll give it a try for that price.

Is it good by it self, or does it need the add on mods?
The original game is great by itself (MAKE SURE YOU PATCH IT TO it's current version ...1.21 I blieve it is! The PATCH IS A MUST).

The MARINES Add-on module is great too though.......
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

I would definitely recommend PFS at barcodegames.com.

Brooks is updating all the time based on feedback from owners. Quite a few new online leagues out there too.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #27
Soze
Minors (Single A)

Bumping this thread to try and get the most recent (and best) answer... I'm looking for a game (we previously used FbPro98) for an online simulation league. Any good suggestions? Reading this thread, seems like FOF was the best solution but is that still the case? I saw some of these games were H2H which is something that we are not looking for. Ideally, something very similar to OOTP. Any insight would be extremely helpful and appreciated.
Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
Bam Bam
All Star Starter

yup - FOF is definately the best for multi-player leagues - and there are some great ones out there...
Old 05-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
That's good info Mark.

Has anyone heard of a wargame sim along the lines of TBCB?

I always thought any sim that could have data of modern armies in it where you could sim a battle between any 2 countries would be interesting. Not easy to do with all the potential variables but along the lines of TBCB would be pretty cool.
Try "Supreme Ruler 2020" from Battlegoat Studios. Some stuff is abstracted, of course, but it's a real-world RTS with accurate data on military units. Very addictive. It isn't about simming a battle between 2 countries, but more of a political/military simulator where you run your economy, build up your armed forces and invade your enemies. The map is beautiful, based on satellite imagery.

There is a demo.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #30
rdstorm
Bat Boy

Quote:
Modern WarSim......try CMSF. Comabt Mission Strike Force, by BattleFront. Great modern war sim.

As for a football sim....I still contend without question Front Page Sports ProFootball 97/98 is the best game/sim ever made.
OMG! That was absolutely the best. I used to spend way too much time playing that, and would simulate seasons in about a week (sometimes less) at the expense of my college classes. I even kept records so I could tell when each player was nearing his potential cap on all of his attributes based on my training camp allocations.

What sim is closest to that now?
rdstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
rdstorm
Bat Boy

Quote:
Regarding good AI.......I likewise find the AI of FBPRO 97 to be by far better than anything released in today's market. FBPRO AI is dynamic and continually attacks/counters incredibly well......It will use Human/or other AI player trends (current game play calling trends and or/ recent past games played during a given season of that same given team profile).

It is the only game I have had (sports) that I have not been able over time to pretty much have my way with. Its player editor along with play editor, team mgmt, coaching profile editor, etc......Just keep the game constantly up and running on every system I have.

More to my point. I have played out a full 17 recorded seasons now (in my 17th) I have only won the Super Bowl once (an incredible 17-16 victory over Green Bay).....have been to the Super Bowl only twice. With another half dozen crushing playoff defeats at the end of otherwise excellent seasons...

I'm currently in the first round of the playoffs in my 17th Season. My team I own/coach (but don't play, as a player, just Off / Def Coach) is based mostly on the 95 Steelers.

I'm about to meet the Colts (On the road at their place). Payton Manning Colts (based mostly on the Colts of the late 2000's). I'm 12-4 going Vs them in which they went 14-2.
This sounds exactly like the way I used to play it. Does it still work on the modern versions of Windows?
rdstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
meade95
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstorm View Post
This sounds exactly like the way I used to play it. Does it still work on the modern versions of Windows?
I've had no luck in getting it to run (can get it installed) but get a crash on launching a game on Windows 7 -

Others I know have it running on Windows 7 (they say). But I've yet to make it work. Best way to install it is to copy paste it from another system, right into your C: (drive) on new Windows 7 system. But from there I'm still having a problem once launching a game.
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote