Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 02-15-2024, 11:47 PM   #41
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cubs View Post
Pre-ordered. Excited to play.

Love the 25th anniversary logo!
Yes, the logo is great! How soon can we get it on a T-shirt???

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:05 AM   #42
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Been there since the very first year (although there were some years that I did end up not buying) but as a faithful fan of the game, can't express how much fun this game has brought me over the years. As someone who has always loved baseball, and maybe the stats even more, the countless hours, the multiple seasons, the attempts to build up different teams, to seeing how history could have played out with some "what if's". It's been great! I know it is your passion Marcus, but as a fan, simply put, thank you for that passion, your passion has made something I loved, something I love even more!

Cheers.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:52 AM   #43
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Getting my pre-order in today. It's the one game every year, I know I'll be getting. Thanks for all your hard work and creating a game so deep. This game is worth every penny you charge. Thanks again!
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:54 AM   #44
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Does the HOF license mean we'll finally have historical coaches in the game?
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:39 AM   #45
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thank you so much for all the kind words everybody! It's really appreciated
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 06:26 AM   #46
Folderol
Major Leagues

If you can't afford 35 bucks....for the massive amounts of enjoyment this game provides? Hell, every video game is a minimum of 60 bucks these days! Thank you Markus for your dedication to what is THE baseball sim, and it's not even close! Been here since the very beginning! One small note: can you make it so I don't wallow in the Silver league for 100 years in PT this time out? Brutal...

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:51 AM   #47
jeffurso
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I discovered this during the pandemic. Have bought each year's version ever since. I have been immensely happy with this game and plan to continue to upgrade every year. Cheers Markus to what seems to be an overwhelming success!
jeffurso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:12 AM   #48
percolaten
All Star Reserve

So grateful to Markus and the Dev team for another year of OOTP! Under modify uniforms, if there's an option for sock stirrups this year in addition to high socks, I will jump up and down in celebration...if not, that's ok, I look forward to the next chapter of this great franchise!
percolaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:25 AM   #49
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by percolaten View Post
So grateful to Markus and the Dev team for another year of OOTP! Under modify uniforms, if there's an option for sock stirrups this year in addition to high socks, I will jump up and down in celebration...if not, that's ok, I look forward to the next chapter of this great franchise!
That and the option to put socks on "all", "none", or "random" players.

My other hope is they "skinned" the batting helmets giving us the same options as caps currently have, and gave the option of no batting helmets for historical.

Both nice to haves, but if not v25 maybe v26.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:33 AM   #50
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Markus, Thanks so much for your dedication over the years to providing a realistic and fun baseball simulation game.

I have had the privilege to follow you through almost all 25 years and it has been amazing to see the growth of not just the game, yourself, and your team, but of the community. I hope you can continue to do what you love for the next 25 years! (whatever that may turn out to be)

Onward and upward!

Mike
Old 02-16-2024, 11:39 AM   #51
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I never thought this would be a big deal to me, but the 3D is so good now, that the options for customizable socks makes more sense than ever. Was hoping something would have been added last version. Here's to hoping!
Old 02-16-2024, 12:19 PM   #52
RonCey10
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking good for OOTP 25

Quote:
Congratulations to Markus and the OOTP crew. I bought my first OOTP game at a computer game store in Manila, Philippines in 2001.

Yes, I would like a stirrup/high sock or no socks option as well.
RonCey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:42 PM   #53
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations. You're a genuine success story!

I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful experiences and contacts I've made through my time with the game. You've made a very positive impact on my world...thank you.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:06 PM   #54
mcercone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The best baseball game ever!

Pre-ordered like I have done the last 10 years now. I have been playing since OOTP 8... it has been a fun ride!!

Thanks Markus for such an awesome game!
mcercone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:38 PM   #55
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thanks for a wonderful game, Markus and the team.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:53 PM   #56
Mr. Met
Bat Boy

Location: Portland, by way of Arizona, Boston, and New York City
Love this game

I haven't been here as long as some, but started with OOTP 8. It's become such an obsession for me that my wife gets me the pre-order as my Valentine's Day present! Thank you for your commitment, and look forward to taking my Mets to the World Series virtually since they don't seem capable (or interested) in doing it IRL.
Mr. Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:00 PM   #57
Church OOTP
Minors (Triple A)

Congrats on 25 years .... think I have been a player since 2001 .... I believe I get my monies worth each and every year!
Old 02-16-2024, 02:56 PM   #58
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

The price increase doesn't bother me.
If had been a monthly subscription charge or pay more and get less like at the grocery stores then i would have not like the increase.
But this is understandable and to have the owner explain why he made the decision is something i appreciate.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #59
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantush View Post
Dollars to hours played, there's no game that out performs OOTP...
Yes indeed! I've been playing since it was called Season Ticket Baseball. For me, OOTP baseball is the gold standard when it comes to sports management sims. No other game comes close.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:35 PM   #60
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Markus and the entire OOTP Developmental Team, congratulations on your 25th anniiversary... thanks for many, many great years of enjoyment... wish you many, many more years of success and happiness.

Just purchased OOTP25... I have never been disappointed with the game.

I know the 3D animation will be improved again this version... that's enough new feature for me.

It would still be a huge bargain even at $49.99... 13 cents a day is all it costs for wonderful entertainment and joy.

It's only 10 cents a day at the discounted price.... that's even better.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-16-2024 at 11:04 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote