Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Custom PT team logo not showing up on other computer

Hey all. Not sure where to post this, because I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm simply not understanding the custom icon process.

I have OOTP installed on two computers, which I use interchangeably. Today I created a custom logo for two of my teams. I went through the customization screen, selected the logos and then submitted my teams. The custom logos show up everywhere you'd expect them to when I'm navigating around PT.

Next I logged out of that copy of OOTP and exited the app on that computer.I then went to the other computer, logged in, and the custom logos are not present for either team. One thing to note: I changed the colors for one team and THAT change has taken effect.

I thought perhaps the customization would not show up unless I re-downloaded the league results, but I've downloaded the league files a number of times and they still don't show up.

I thought once I customized the team and submitted it that soon thereafter the custom logos would show up. Did I miss some step?

And now that I think about it - does this kind of customization only take effect at the start of a new league? So maybe I won't see the logos until Monday?

If anyone can shed light on this mystery I would appreciate it.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Are the file locations accessible for both computers? I use justafans's pickoff application to make custom logos and it's great - wish more folks did so. The file needs to be in the logo file of the game (easy enough to move there) but if it is not there on both computer's C: file, OOTP, logo folder, one computer may not be able to find it
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Are the file locations accessible for both computers? I use justafans's pickoff application to make custom logos and it's great - wish more folks did so. The file needs to be in the logo file of the game (easy enough to move there) but if it is not there on both computer's C: file, OOTP, logo folder, one computer may not be able to find it
It's only accessible from one computer but I thought once I uploaded it, it would show up in the league... or are you saying my custom logo won't be seen by anybody but me? That doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

No, that's not what I meant. Maybe we're talking past each other a bit. By "customizing" do you mean that you merely changed the colors and picked one of the available default logos or do you mean that you uploaded a logo that you made yourself? That is, went to Customize Team Design. Advanced Settings, Select Primary (and Secondary) Logo... that is what I thought you meant by "Customizing". If you do that you get to your C: Drive where the files of OOTP are located and then can choose a file you made.

What I was then saying is that since this is a local file, it then uploads it to the server so others can see it... but if you go to your same account on a different computer... and the file is slot is empty because it was on your C: drive of the other computer... the new uploaded file slot is instead "blank" because accessing it from that new computer without the file overwrites the old uploaded, custom file. BUT when you go back to the old computer, you again overwrite it … but this time it finds the file to reestablish the upload.

I'd try ensuring that each computer has the custom file in it's logo folder is all.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I see what you're saying.

I did create a totally custom logo and did what you said above in regard to customizing my team (chose the big and small versions in my team customization page). I then submitted my team. I figured that would send the data to the OOTP servers and that the next time I logged on with the other computer and downloaded a league file it would receive that custom graphic for the team.

If your'e saying I just need to have that custom file on both computers, I will simply transfer it over and re-upload it from the second PC. Then at least I will be seeing the same thing on both computers!

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Non of my current logos that I use in PT stay after a season ends and they setup the next season.

So every Monday morning I have to go in and update my logos.

Not sure why I have to and other guys don't.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

What is the name of your team and the username?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #8
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Thanks Markus.

There are two teams involved. Leesburg has just the big logo as custom, Annandale has both big and small customized.

Username: CharlatanPrime
Team: Leesburg Llamas

Username: Charlatan2
Team: Annandale Atom Smashers
Old 04-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK. I think the problem was that the new league files were not created yet, so things were out of sync between your two PCs. This should correct itself moving forward.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #10
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Thanks for the update. I appreciate you looking into it.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #11
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Markus, I hate to be a bother, but I just saw a screenshot of the league Annandale and Leesburg are in (B213) and it appears both teams are still using the stock icons, so I don't think the new league files cleared up my issue.

If I re-submit my team with the custom icons will they go into effect immediately as of the next league download or do changes like that only get applied at the start of a league (i.e., Monday morning)?

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-08-2019 at 11:06 AM.