Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #21
Reed
All Star Starter

LTMs pretty much control everything. For example if you set the park factor for every team for home runs to .800 but leave the LTMs unchanged, then league total HRs will be comparable to the totals in real life, not 80%.
If you have a player like Todd Helton who played for Colorado in real life. Coors park factor in real life probably accounted for 3 or 4 extra HRs a year. If his home team in OOTP is Coors field, he will essentially have a double park factor boost and hit 6-8 more home runs than at a neutral park. Since league totals will be the same, those extra home runs by Helton come at the expense of someone else.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #22
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Would really like to get an answer on this. Some of the parks have their old factors (Fenway, Yankee, etc.) so we need to know if this was simply missed or it was an intentional change from prior versions.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #23
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

For those who think Ballpark Factors don't matter, I present to you Mr. Leon Green of the Centex Express. Leon plays his home games at the Alamodome where the LH HR factor sits (and has since 2014 Expansion) at 1.57. He's been exceptional. Unfortunately the game cant provide career Home/Road hitting stats. But it should be noted that next closest in 2035 HR's was 51.
Attached Images
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #24
1991Twins
Major Leagues

Bump for this thread. I was wondering if Garlon had updated the file era_ballparks_discreteStadiumsMod_2018.txt with stats from the 2019 season to be used in OOTP 21. I loved the atmosphere that the parks created when I used this file last year. The parks felt way more true to life. If possible, I would enjoy if an update could be posted. Thanks again Garlon!!!
1991Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #25
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

For a while I was working on another project, Baseball Greats. Baseball Greats is now available on the OOTP20 Steam Workshop.

The ballparks mod needs to be updated with the factors for 2019, but I was also hoping to fix some small issues with the ballparks too. For example, the diagrams for the broadcast mode do not have the coordinates in the proper places and apparently some stadiums need to be updates for OOTP21 because of some textures that OOTP21 no longer will use.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #26
1991Twins
Major Leagues

Huge fan of your work. Hopeful that you do add in the 2019 factors because the project was a game changer for me. Really added flavor and character to each park.
1991Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

The new era_ballparks file for OOTP21, an era_stats file that will replace the 1942-1945 league totals with the average of 1938-1941 and 1946-1949 if you play without players missing those seasons, and a weather file set to 70 degrees and no wind as well. Remember to make copies of the original files before you replace them with these.
Attached Files
File Type: txt era_ballparks_discrete_OOTP21.txt (511.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: txt era_stats_noWWII.txt (56.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: txt weather70copy.txt (41.2 KB, 110 views)
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote