Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
bailey
Hall Of Famer

defensive substitutes

I set the box to bring defensive substitutes when leading by 3 runs or fewer, but they come into the game regardless of the lead always. Am I doing something wrong? or is this a bug? Please check into it.

Name:  subs.PNG
Views: 178
Size:  62.4 KB

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Same thing with me. I've stopped using them completely, if you have a backup 2B/SS that you want as a defensive sub at 2B then every game he starts at SS it will move him to 2B in the ninth then put the regular SS back in for that inning so he doesn't get any fatigue recovery.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Same thing with me. I've stopped using them completely, if you have a backup 2B/SS that you want as a defensive sub at 2B then every game he starts at SS it will move him to 2B in the ninth then put the regular SS back in for that inning so he doesn't get any fatigue recovery.
A similar issue occurs when you use a starting CF as a defensive sub in RF. The game will switch the starter and bring in the CF sub just fine, but there should be a checkbox: do not use as defensive sub if tired.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I personally have had an issue with 1B replacements. I’ll have one team where it works, one where it doesn’t, both set up the same way (‘works’ as in the defensive sub makes a substantial number of bench appearances over the season at 1B).
Old 06-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI, we will look at this, and it looks like there were some cases where they would come in other times.

As for the 1B issue, is the guy you have listed as a defensive sub actually better than who you had in the lineup already? That should be the only time that we "ignore" a defensive sub, although again, we'll have another look to see if there's other missing cases.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI, we will look at this, and it looks like there were some cases where they would come in other times.

As for the 1B issue, is the guy you have listed as a defensive sub actually better than who you had in the lineup already? That should be the only time that we "ignore" a defensive sub, although again, we'll have another look to see if there's other missing cases.
I believe so yes. The only thing I could think is that 1B position rating would theoretically be higher, but with worse ability stats.