Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

Game still crashing after 2+ months

This is getting more and more frustrating every day.
I play this game, or try to, every day. I have 430+ hours put into this game and that is just in FHM 5. I have well over 1000 between the 3 FHM games I have purchased.

I own FHM 3, FHM 4, FHM 5 as well as OOTP Baseball 18 and 19. I have been considering adding OOTP 20 to my collection, but after the issues that I have had with this game since the update that literally has broken my game I don't know if I want to put anymore money into these games.

I have tried everything suggested, I literally have to save my game every 5 minutes or I end up losing progress. The game crashes probably every 10 - 15 minutes and I am constantly having to redo the same things over and over again.

Frustrating is an understatement at this point. A game that I love to play is literally driving me insane. Who wants to play a game and keep stopping to save every 5 minutes? And if they forget, then have to redo everything that they have done? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say absolutely no one.

I would really appreciate some help here in trying to get this game fixed. My last post was at the end of January, and it was an update not long before then that completely broke the game for me.

I have uninstalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, I have uploaded save files and the crash diag reports and no one has been able to find a resolution for this.

It also sucks that this happened months after I purchased the game so I can't even ask for my money back, not that I really want that. I just want to be able to play the game and not have to worry about if it's going to crash on me.

I am going to try to reinstall the game again and see if that works. But I am not expecting anything different to happen.

Update:

Game has been uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still crashing. Some more info on when it crashes, sometimes it crashes while I am simming the game. The game just closes itself. Sometimes I am clicking on a different tab or something and it crashes. Sometimes it just freezes and I have to manually close the game through control panel.

It doesn't appear to be anything reoccurring that I can tell that is causing the game to crash.

Last edited by Junglerock13; 04-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Junglerock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The last time we talked, I asked you to try setting your Windows display scaling to 100% and see if that stabilized it. Did it have any effect?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

As far as I know it didn't have any effect, but I will double check and see if the setting saved. I have been resetting everything that I can think of and maybe with some of the other things that could help.

I'll give it a try right now and see if that helps at all. I know the launch option for high dpi scaling kept coming back even after I deleted it multiple times so I finally got rid of that permanently and for some reason my graphics drivers kept telling me the update wasn't valid for this computer, even though it definitely was. And finally after fully uninstalling them it allowed me to update them. I thought that actually fixed it as I was able to run the game for about an hour or two with no issues, then it just started doing the same thing again.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

Game is still crashing when i set display scaling to 100%. I have been attempting to play all day, and it has been still crashing randomly like it has been.

Last edited by Junglerock13; 04-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Have you looked at other applications installed on your computer? Sometimes, things like antivirus, 3rd party software, and mods can do weird things to your games. I would look into those and see if you can find the issue, especially the antivirus software; I've seen those cause more havoc with games than anything else.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Did you upload the save so we can take a look?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=292870

Also: what are your System Specifications, especially RAM?
Old 04-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

I had uploaded it when I first started having the issue, I could upload it again. If it is still there then I think I had saved it under my username here, Junglerock13, or something along those lines.

I have an i5-6200U, 8 GB of RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 520.
I mainly play this game on my laptop.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #8
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

And I just saw the post from Romagoth, I do not believe I have any antivirus installed. Just the windows defender running. But I will double check if there is anything else running and test without some stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #9
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

Figured I'd chime in and say I'm also experiencing problems with crashes.

I played FHM5 around release and had no issues with stability. I decided to try the new update and I'm getting lots of crashes across multiple saves.

For me, pressing the back button seems to be the main trigger. If I go into player search, click around on someone's profile, and then try to go back to the player search, the game will crash about a fifth of the time. I've been able to run multiple 2 or 3 year hands-off sims without crashes. The problems come when I try to click on things, mostly the back button.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

I have been able to play multiple games, and progress through multiple seasons as well. But yeah, it still crashes over and over.

I have definitely experienced crashes while moving through different menus. But I feel like most of the crashes seem to happen when I am simming or just randomly.

When the game first launched, and for the first few months I had absolutely no issues either. When that update came it, it actually corrupted all of my save and I was forced to start over, which sucked but wasn't a huge deal. Also I was playing the game in windowed mode, and I have since been able to get it back into that. It is always full screen now, and took me days of tinkering with different settings to get the game to actually display correctly on my screen. I am playing on a 13' laptop though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was due to the small screen size. But I was able to play FHM 3, 4 and 5 (when it first launched) in a smaller windowed mode with no issues.

I have actually just stopped playing now. I had one day where I was at the end of the season, resigned all my players and staff and rookies. Started free agency and the game crashed before it hit July 2nd. And this happened about 5 times in a row. And I didn't want to keep dealing with it. So I may be done playing for a while. I'll have to do more research before deciding if I want to buy FHM 6 or OOTPB 20.

I will continue checking here to see if any other suggestions come up.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
Nithoniniel
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
Figured I'd chime in and say I'm also experiencing problems with crashes.

I played FHM5 around release and had no issues with stability. I decided to try the new update and I'm getting lots of crashes across multiple saves.

For me, pressing the back button seems to be the main trigger. If I go into player search, click around on someone's profile, and then try to go back to the player search, the game will crash about a fifth of the time. I've been able to run multiple 2 or 3 year hands-off sims without crashes. The problems come when I try to click on things, mostly the back button.
Yeah this is what keeps crashing things for me too. Doing some database editing and now I'm suddenly crashing every single time I use the back button from the edit screen.
Nithoniniel is offline   Reply With Quote