Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Mr. Pickles
Bat Boy

Young Stars not Offered Contracts (Historical)

Playing a lot of Historical Mode lately and other teams seem to simply let very good players go for nothing after their entry level deals expire. Not sure if it's common with every player but it's very common with star/superstar level players. It happens to guys like Crosby, Malkin etc. fairly often.

In my latest Historical save it looks the entire 2015 draft class signed for 1 year in 2015 and became unrestricted free agents June 30, 2016. They all then signed with other teams.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Usually, when that's happening, it's because the teams get into a difficult situation with available contract spots. But in your case, it sounds like it's happening at a point in the game where that's unusual, and to a much better caliber of players than it normally would. Could you upload the save (instructions here)? I'd like to have a look and see if I can sort out why it's happening.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
Mr. Pickles
Bat Boy

Transferring as we speak.

2012Sharks.lg - Copy

Originally started in 1998.

Current team is the San Jose Sharks (took over in 2012). Crosby was drafted by the Flyers in 2005, signed for three years and left as an unrestricted free agent.

It looks like everyone from the 2015 draft that signed only signed for 1 year and then left as an unrestricted free agent (except Eichel who I acquired and McDavid who I edited back onto his original team).

Started this game before the latest patch but I started a new game recently and the same issue seems to be happening for me.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:38 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

The 1-year contracts definitely shouldn't be happening. I thought we might be missing the database setting to enforce 3-year ELC's on, but after checking, it all appears to be set up correctly. So either 2015-16 isn't using the rules set it's supposed to be, or something else is wrong. We'll have to do some more investigating.

Crosby is more of a mystery. I don't see any logical reason why the Flyer's would allow him to leave like that - there seems to be plenty of open contract spaces and cap room around the league, so that rules out my most likely suspects. Could be some oddity with the way offer sheets or qualifying offers are working in historical, I'll have to experiment some and try to see if I can trigger similar cases.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote