Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Vezna31
All Star Starter

The Streak

Just watched an amazing hitting streak unfold in my Manager League. This was a simulated team, so I was not in control, but it was a team I managed from 1912 to 1916 and built into a absolute dynasty.

Roush was my first overall draft pick in 1912 that is now part of a team of HOF'ers, including Jack Fournier, Rogers Hornsby, Babe Ruth, Harry Heilmann, Urban Shocker and Bob Shawkey.

I won the World Series with the White Sox in my 5th year as manager in 1916 and then moved on to another team. From 1916 to 1923, they have finished in 1st Place every year except for 1917 when they finished 4th. They have 7 World Series appearances out of the past 8 years, winning 4 championships. Two of their WS losses came at the hands of teams managed by me in 1921 (Cubs) and 1923 (Cardinals).
Attached Images
Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Wow ...

I had never seen beyond 37 games in any Baseball Games I've currently owned ... or since ... Nice run, can you imagined if this was true today ... just missed tying the record by ONE ...
Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Roush also had a 41 game streak in 1923. Rogers Hornsby had a 41 game streak earlier this season in 1924.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Vezna31
All Star Starter

In a side note of irony, Roush's 1919 White Sox team, finishing 12 games ahead with an 88-52 record, were heavily favored to win the World Series and promptly lost to the Phillies 5-3.

Eddie Cicotte and Lefty Williams played for the White Sox. Williams went 1-2 with a 4.68 ERA, pitching 25 innings and giving up 32 hits and an opposing BA of .320. Cicotte saw limited action during the season, returning from a previous season injury and did not pitch in the series.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

That is flat out amazing. Been playing for years and I don't think I've ever had someone reach 40. 66 games, so cool.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Wow ...

I had never seen beyond 37 games in any Baseball Games I've currently owned ... or since ... Nice run, can you imagined if this was true today ... just missed tying the record by ONE ...
Which record?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

You have Ross Barnes' streak beat.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
You have Ross Barnes' streak beat.

Awesome....I love seeing amazing things like this.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

OMG ... I just realized, while home with the 24 hour flu bug, after rereading your posts ... Your man beat DiMaggio by 9 !!! ... Congrats !!! enjoy the stats, such as these, are worth playing the Games ....
Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #10
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
OMG ... I just realized, while home with the 24 hour flu bug, after rereading your posts ... Your man beat DiMaggio by 9 !!! ... Congrats !!! enjoy the stats, such as these, are worth playing the Games ....
By 10
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Yes, you are correct ... it's by TEN ... The Yankee Clipper hits safely in 56 Games ... (for I am slowly getting out of my bed ...) ... It's an amazing feat, mate ...

BTW, thank you for being kind to my few blunders ... for it is embarrassing to an old dino, like me, but I'm trying to accept the mistakes, as part of being human, as one is approaching retirement ...
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #12
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

That's an incredible achievement, man. I've seen a couple guys get over 50 (over a couple dozen historical replays), but I've only seen 56 bested once; Frankie Frisch hit in 58 straight one fictional summer of '22.
As an aside...wouldn't it be theoretically harder for a player to achieve a long hit streak in OOTP versus real life because whereas in the real world a player on a streak is going to swing at everything to keep it going (DiMaggio basically stopped walking as his streak went on), an OOTP player is, I assume, playing the same way every day, regardless of the streak?
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
That's an incredible achievement, man. I've seen a couple guys get over 50 (over a couple dozen historical replays), but I've only seen 56 bested once; Frankie Frisch hit in 58 straight one fictional summer of '22.
As an aside...wouldn't it be theoretically harder for a player to achieve a long hit streak in OOTP versus real life because whereas in the real world a player on a streak is going to swing at everything to keep it going (DiMaggio basically stopped walking as his streak went on), an OOTP player is, I assume, playing the same way every day, regardless of the streak?
There is a line in the OOTP code that says, in effect, "IF {Hitting.streak > 60 AND {Batter.up = Hitless; Then GoSub PinchHit"

At least that is the rumor.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:10 AM   #14
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Crazy. I had a 48-game one in my current league (Cal McVey), and that's the longest I've ever seen.