Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Pepsibottle1
Bat Boy

Gambo's 2010 parks.dat problem

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem with Gambo's 2010 parks.dat file. So I've downloaded all of his photos and they all correspond to the correct stadium, but whenever I go to start a new game, all of the stadiums for each team are all wacky. Is there a workaround to this that dosen't have to have me go and edit each team one by one? Likewise, if I use the default parks.dat, each team will have their correct stadium but none of the photos in the folder match up to their corresponding picture like they did with Gambo's parks.dat. This is really annoying
Pepsibottle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately no.

The parks.dat was generated using the ballpark importer program so the lines in the .csv file were put in the parks.dat in the same order they were in the .csv.

The game creates the parks.dat using via the order the teams were created. In most cases baltimore first, boston 2nd etc.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Pepsibottle1
Bat Boy

Well, that stinks. So if I want to start a 90's game, I would have to add each stadium photo one by one? I'm not even going to tamper with the ball flights because that would take forever.

I think that we should have standardized stadiums that we could just plug into the game instead of just adding photos and replacing them one by one. I know that you could make seperate .dat files for each park, why not go ahead and do that for all the former and current stadiums? That would be a good thing to work on for OOTP12, a ballpark importer where we can easily change each team's ballpark fast and painless.

Seperate .dats would work, wouldn't they? If so, than we should just standardize each stadium with a single photo; that way importing would be a snap, stadiums would automatically update for each season and the ball tracks would already be set-up. We can even update each ballpark and replace the old photo with a better one if needed.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
I think Markus did it the way it is for those who dont want US cellular but want the White Sox in different park...or it could be they would have to pay rights for the image of a ballpark, and they dont have that much money...Personally while it is tedious to go through and add stadiums at this point I can add logos unis and parks in under 30 mins for a 30 team league.
It would be nice to figure out how to write a .dat to be able to do this but when i tried to do this awhile back i was told it wasnt an easy task.
Also Pepsi there are atleast 5 stadium sets that I know of that u could use, Gambo's is just 1...I will also have my High Heat set in 2-3 days.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1 View Post
Well, that stinks. So if I want to start a 90's game, I would have to add each stadium photo one by one? I'm not even going to tamper with the ball flights because that would take forever.
If you use my parks.dat and my photos (in your ballparks directory) all you need to do is in the game assign the right stadium to each team. They're all there. (All the major league stadium are near the top).

If you want to have the league automatically do relocations and expansions and it not overwrite the stadiums each year. Then save the parks.dat to a separate directory and after the game updates the teams and does the expansion copy the parks.dat back into your game directory and select the new stadium for the teams that changed. Rinse and repeat each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1 View Post
stadiums would automatically update for each season and the ball tracks would already be set-up. We can even update each ballpark and replace the old photo with a better one if needed.
The game already automatically updates the new parks and park factors each year if you have the expand according to history selected. All you need to do is have a photo set up for each park in your ballparks directory and in game change the photo to the right one. (Or just rename you're photos in the ballpark directory to the file the game uses)

It's not too difficult a process. I do the ball flights only for the stadiums I will play in. The player locations I change the 1st time I play in a stadium as these will save. The comprehensive parks.dat is actually better than individual .dat files. Many games have done this in the past and it's a headache.

What would simplify this is a more intuitive ballpark editor in game.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I do the ball flights only for the stadiums I will play in.

What would simplify this is a more intuitive ballpark editor in game.
Gambo can ya explain ball flights a tad for me.

isnt 13 supposed to have this? ala PS4
Old 05-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Gambo can ya explain ball flights a tad for me.

isnt 13 supposed to have this? ala PS4
All ball flights are is the graphical representation of the play by play in OOTP's 2D environment. It just draws the path of the ball based on the play result. Has absolutely no affect on gameplay.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

dumb question

how do I use the excel file is it a guide for doing plugging it in myself?
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
how do I use the excel file is it a guide for doing plugging it in myself?
are you talking about Gambo's 2011 Seating Chart?

If so, great program, you can add any data from any park in there, I use it often.
If you are talking about flight paths and ball locations cant help ya.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Pepsibottle1
Bat Boy

Just wanted to update this, and suggest the possibility of renaming the stadiums to correspond ingame? A tedious task for one person but with a few people, I think we could get it done fairly quickly. If we can simply rename the stadiums, that would be a gamechanger. Never would we need to download another pack again!