Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
MidKnight
Major Leagues

[REL] Fictional Universe in a Box

What Is Fictional Universe in a Box?
It's a set of files that can be used to quickly and efficiently generate an entire fictional OOTP2006 universe, complete with custom logos, stadiums, and player photos that have all been carefully arranged to create a realistic universe.

The whole process was done with a world template as opposed to a quickstart file so that the universe can effectively be restarted at any time with new history and players by creating a new game file. It looks something like this in-game:

The old thread was this one over here.

Included
World Template
Logos (courtesy of cephasjames)
Stadium graphics (thanks to blueturf, ctorg, Henry, Teflon Skies)
FaceTool uniform templates for all 188 teams
FaceTool backgrounds - about 20 or so new ones
FaceTool default FA uni - just because I'm picky and didn't like the outerpiping
.dat files - after the quickstart is loaded, replace the old ones with these and all team colors and stadiums will be set correctly
Readme - just in case anything is unclear, further instructions are in there.

Download
In any case, everything is done and ready to be downloaded. It's currently uploaded at FileFactory here and clocks in at about 38 megs. If anyone wants to rehost, feel free to do so.

Uniform Previews
You can check out the uniform templates included in this package over here, at my photobucket page. Just in case you want to sort through and use some individually.

Enjoy! Let me know if there are any problems!
MidKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
bp_
Hall Of Famer

This file is also being hosted at http://www.ootpmodsquad.com/ under Quickstarts (sorry, no spot for world templates so it had to go there).
Old 09-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
Greg Layton
Major Leagues

This is awesome! Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I have to go out of town for a couple days, but I'll be sure to play with it when I get back.
Greg Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
CHCfan
All Star Starter

Awesome.

I naturally gravitate toward the fictional leagues, but it's always so hard to get everything set up - photos, logos, stadiums, team names, nicknames, etc. . .

And here you've done it all for me (even going well beyond the call of duty with the uniform templates!!).

Great Job.

EDIT: One thing has me a little confused. In "Game Options" before the league is created, the options show:

Batter aging speed: .005
Batter dev. speed: .005
Pitcher aging speed: .001
Pitchers dev. speed: .550

Was this a mistake or do you, for some reason, recommend these values?

Last edited by CHCfan; 09-04-2006 at 10:52 PM.
CHCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
No Pepper
All Star Starter

CHCfan, that might be a holdover of recommendations from an Aging Curve discussion thread over the past couple of weeks here in the forum, pre-1.0.3. With aspects of development and aging being "fixed" in the new version, you may want to try default settings, i.e., 1's across the board. Of course, if the results don't suit you, you're free to change them to anything you want.

AMAZING work MidKnight!!!!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Thanks for the feedback all. Glad people are getting use out of it.

I've been pretty much solely playing fictional leagues since OOTP5, and have always tried doing something like this, but without templates I never could, since anytime I started the league over I'd have the same draft pool. Glad there's a workaround now.

CHCfan: Whoops, I completely forgot I had those set. They were indeed the recommended values from the Aging thread a little while ago. However, 1.03 tweaked aging so it's probably better to set those back to 1 (at least until some more research is done).

bp_: Thanks for the additional hosting!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
CHCfan
All Star Starter

I got down setting up all of the custom uniforms in FaceTool, but later decided to scrap that league (something weird happened), so I deleted it and started again.

BUT, it looks like I either don't know how to use the .db/.px/.val bakeups I made or I stupidly made the bakeups before making changes *smacks forehead*

So . . . has anyone (MidKnight?) made the custom files that they would be willing to post/share to save myself and others the time of re-inputting. The only problem I see is that my uniform templates would have to be in the same folders as the person whose files I was using. Right?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCfan
I got down setting up all of the custom uniforms in FaceTool, but later decided to scrap that league (something weird happened), so I deleted it and started again.

BUT, it looks like I either don't know how to use the .db/.px/.val bakeups I made or I stupidly made the bakeups before making changes *smacks forehead*

So . . . has anyone (MidKnight?) made the custom files that they would be willing to post/share to save myself and others the time of re-inputting. The only problem I see is that my uniform templates would have to be in the same folders as the person whose files I was using. Right?

Thanks.
I originally intended to provide database files, since I thought the file could be easily edited to point to the right uniforms paths. Unfortunately, I don't have any database software, and it didn't work when I tried it with Excel, so I had to scrap that idea. Just in case anyone else is having problems making backups of the files, I'll go over it a bit better here than in the readme.

Say my game is called "Fictional Game". After I open it in FaceTool and assign all the uni's, close the program and go into the data folder. Find the files

Fictional Game_teams.db
Fictional Game_teams.px
Fictional Game_teams.val

Copy and save those somewhere. Next time you make a different game (for this sake, called "New Game") and get to the FaceTool part, load New Game in FaceTool. Close the program and copy the three Fictional Game files you saved. Delete the following:

New Game_teams.db
New Game_teams.px
New Game_teams.val

Then, paste in the Fictional Game files and rename them to be the New Game files.

I couldn't figure out how to word that well in the readme, so I kind of skipped over it a bit. Hope that helps.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
CHCfan
All Star Starter

I'm puzzled, MidKnight, I just can't get the backing-up to work.

Are there any tiny steps that i need to remember that aren't in your last post? I've followed that to a T, plus a couple other ways, and it's not working.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #10
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCfan
I'm puzzled, MidKnight, I just can't get the backing-up to work.

Are there any tiny steps that i need to remember that aren't in your last post? I've followed that to a T, plus a couple other ways, and it's not working.
Hmm...I'll do it step-by-step tommorow and take screenshots along the way. I know it works when I do it, but maybe there's something I'm forgetting. I'll try and get it out around the early evening.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #11
majesty95
All Star Starter

I'm getting an application error when I try to download this from the mod squad. What am I doing wrong? I click on the link to download and then click "open" and after it is done downloading, I get the application error.

Last edited by majesty95; 09-22-2006 at 08:21 AM.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I like it. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:17 AM   #13
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

This looks fantastic. I've downloaded it, but I wanted to do three things:

1) Remove a couple of Minor League Levels and the English league

2) Change the division set up of the majors into 2 leagues, 2 divisons, 6 teams

3) Swap a few teams, unis and logos around, and change names here or there

Should these things be relatively easy? Can I do them before the game is 'created', so to speak? The only problem I forsee is the teams.dat transfer.
dougaiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Can someone give me a progress report on this project? All working well, exceptionally well, any protocols we should know about following download?

Great contribution, MidKnight.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #15
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Sorry about dissapearing for a while, everyone. I've been unexpectedly busy the past month or so, but things have calmed down and I should be able to update this and provide some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougaiton View Post
This looks fantastic. I've downloaded it, but I wanted to do three things:

1) Remove a couple of Minor League Levels and the English league

2) Change the division set up of the majors into 2 leagues, 2 divisons, 6 teams

3) Swap a few teams, unis and logos around, and change names here or there

Should these things be relatively easy? Can I do them before the game is 'created', so to speak? The only problem I forsee is the teams.dat transfer.
That would indeed probably be the big problem. You'd have to manually go in and fix the team colors and stadium assignments since it wouldn't copy properly. However, after you've done so, if you havent simmed a day or done anything prior or after editing the colors and stadiums, you should be able to copy your teams.dat and use that if you ever have to restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Can someone give me a progress report on this project? All working well, exceptionally well, any protocols we should know about following download?

Great contribution, MidKnight.
Thanks! I'd adjust the player development items all back to defaults in the world template prior to creation since this was made before the last patch. I've seen a couple other minor issues in my own trials; largely a couple logos are named improperly so you might have to go into the league folder a rename them to fit if you notice one wrong. Let me know if there are any other problems.