Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Gambo DB version 4.0 available

Hey guys. I'm done with version 4 of my DB. This is the last work I'm going to do on it. I said the same thing 2 years ago though, but I think I'll stick to it this time.

Here is the header on the readme. I recommend if you download it you do read the readme though.

Thanks again,

P.S. - If you want to host it, just give me your email.

P.S.S. - I am still working on my photo project, which is an almalgamation of other peoples work and my own. So look for some more info on that soon enough.

----------
This database will work on both OOTP6.5 and OOTP2006. Because 1) this database was created based on years of working on OOTP6.5 and its’ predecessors and 2) it focuses on modern baseball rather than early baseball. For best results I feel it works best on 6.5, at least for early baseball (Pre-1940).

For those new to the game the concept of this database is to include every player and still correct the flaws of importing in OOTP. In addition to this, because the purpose of OOTP is to manage a team as players develop during their entire career, it will import players according to when they actually made their pro-debut as opposed to their major league debut, and at ratings according to their age.

Also, this is a career average DB. One of the problems with these DB is importation of historical stats for the players back history. In this DB each of the Batting, Pitching and Fielding csv files is sorted by year. I also include the original LahmanDB files sorted in this way. The way to import the historical stats is to open each of my files in Notepad and delete the seasons previous to the one you start with (e.g. if you start in 1977, delete 1871-1976’s stats) then copy those seasons from the supplied Lahman files above the remaining years in my file. Now, when you import players they will retain their original previous statistics upon import.
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
AfWapo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This hosted anywhere yet?
AfWapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
simsports
Bat Boy

I can host it for ya. jyellen4@comcast.net
simsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
simsports
Bat Boy

Gambo DB Version 4.0 Link

Heres the link: Gambo Database v4.0
simsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
jps42
Bat Boy

This is great. A question (possibly can't be answered!):

I have created a league starting 2006 with the MLB (I typed in all the names, changed CHA to CHW and CHN to CHC for chicago), its affiliated minors, and assorted international leagues. I would like to have an preliminary draft (checked off inaugural draft), using the players up to their 2005 stats.

To accomplish this, I created a folder ("stats"), took the fielding, pitching and batting .csv's, erased all the years prior to 2005 and pasted the lahman info up to and including 2004

In the stats folder, I placed the three altered .csv's, plus the master.csv, fieldingof.csv, teams.csv, and teamsfranchises.csv.

After the league was created, I attempted to import the master.csv from the stats folder using the import/export tab. The game crashed.

Am I trying to do the impossible here? Could it be that I changed Los Angeles (A) to Anaheim (don't think its that simple, but would be psyched if it is!)?
jps42 is offline   Reply With Quote