Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 08-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Question Bid History Question

In my bid history it shows that I was the only bid on a Mike Trout for the buy it now price. The bid is not listed in green, and I do not have the card. How did I not win?

https://imgur.com/o9TGqvZ
FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If someone clicks Buy It Now, they get it. If you bid the Buy It Now price, it's a bid and does not beat someone clicking Buy It Now.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

So somehow i screwed up and bid exactly the buy it now price and later lost to someone who clicked buy it now? I thought the auction ended instantly when you bid the buy it now price.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
So somehow i screwed up and bid exactly the buy it now price and later lost to someone who clicked buy it now? I thought the auction ended instantly when you bid the buy it now price.
Yes and no. If you bid the buy it now price, you get a pop up saying you bid exactly the BIN and it asks if you want to buy it now. If you click OK, you get it immediately. If you click cancel, no bid is place on the player. So there doesn't appear to be anyway to have the bid placed at the exact BIN and then have to wait until the auction is over (though it would be possible that someone happens to beat you to the BIN before you can BIN and you end up with nothing, possible but unlikely due to the short amount of time).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So somehow i screwed up and bid exactly the buy it now price and later lost to someone who clicked buy it now?
Don't enter the BIN price and click "submit bid". Instead, just click the "Buy Now!" button.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Did you actually bid the BIN price?

Basically, there's a limitation that someone hitting "buy now" doesn't actually count as a "bid" in that counter there, so most likely you had a bid for, say, 20k, but then someone came in after and paid the full price (25k) for it.

You should be able to go back in your transaction history and see exactly what you bid for it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Did you actually bid the BIN price?
I'm not sure I understand how to read the bid history.

I tend to play for a bit and then come back a while later, so I can't remember what I actually did here.

From the image I included, it looks like I bid the starting/buy it now price. At least the only person who bid on it did. I'm not sure why it would be in my bid history if I didn't bid.

I don't know why I wouldn't have just hit buy it now in the first place, but like I said, I don't remember what I was doing at the time..

Last edited by FlaviusFlav; 08-26-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I'm 90% sure now that I was in OOTP19 by accident XD
Old 08-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #9
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I'm 90% sure now that I was in OOTP19 by accident XD
Tried it in 19 and it worked the same way as describer for 20.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Tried it in 19 and it worked the same way as describer for 20.
I believe in 20 we may have slightly altered some of the wording on the bid history page to be a tad more clear about things, but yeah, the basic functionality is the same (you cannot bid the BIN price without buying now)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote