Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM4 Hotfix, Version 4.7.86, Now Available

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.7.86, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

There were a few new potentially serious issues discovered after the release of the 4.7.80 update, so we decided to do one final hotfix to clear those up. We'd hoped to get it out a bit sooner, but isolating one crash in particular took a little longer than expected, and there were some complications with a lineup AI fix that took some time to resolve. This, barring any discoveries of game-breaking issues, will likely be the final FHM4 update. We'll still be monitoring our forums and Facebook (FranchiseHockeyManager), Twitter (@FranchiseHockey), Reddit (/r/FranchiseHockey), etc. on a daily basis, answering questions and offering help as needed, so if you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know. Thanks for your continued support.

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Changes and Additions:

-fixed interface crash that could occur when switching teams in the team menu
-fixed incorrect countering roles for offensive tactics
-1917-18 WCHL finances will now be converted to the correct values
-AI in 1917 (both roster moves assistant and the AI Setup Organization function) will no longer add more players than are allowed to team rosters
-SPHL teams will no longer sign players to $0 contracts
-the WSM-Liga playoffs should now re-seed properly after the first round
-teams promoted from the Czech WSM-Liga should no longer occasionally be placed in the Champions League the next season, instead of the correct qualifier.
-historical games starting in post-2005 (i.e. cap era) seasons should no longer have many teams behaving as if they're over the cap despite not having cap issues.
-Belarusian Extraliga should now generate a schedule properly in later seasons
-fixed city ID issue that was preventing the Beijing Olympics in 2022 from starting
-minor text/grammar fixes

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2022 at 03:44 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Mac store version will most likely be updated tomorrow, depending on Apple's approval process, since we finished the final version of the update a little later in the day than usual.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:10 AM   #3
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Wasn't sure on where to post this at, so I'm just going to put it here. Found an incorrect birthday on a Russian player, Yegor Kulugin. The game is showing his birthday as being 2003 or 2004, so he's coming up as a 13-year old kid with years of experience in the VHL that would suggest he played at age 6. Checking the actual database he should be 30. Attached a picture below of his career stats on his profile in-game.

(This is from a newly created save using current rosters in the most recent version, too)
Attached Images
Old 04-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can you change his age with the player edit on the same page?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Can you change his age with the player edit on the same page?
I did so afterwards, but just feels like that's something that should be addressed in the database to fix so it doesn't continue to pop up for others. I'd also been finding a number of former OHL players whose stats were listed twice in a single season, which would be another database thing to look at.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #6
cultstatus
Bat Boy

There are still salary cap issues with historical seasons and players being on the wrong teams.
cultstatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultstatus View Post
There are still salary cap issues with historical seasons and players being on the wrong teams.
Could you elaborate on that a bit, please?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #8
cultstatus
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Could you elaborate on that a bit, please?
A started a game in 2010 as the Penguins, when the game started I had the 3 round picks of the Islanders, Stars, and Buffalo. I looked on their roster and they had 3 of my players. So I traded their picks back for my players and I was like 5 million over the cap.

And since I have you here, there is a draft bug in Historical mode. When the draft order is released after the season, some teams won't have any first round picks despite not having traded them at any point.

For example, after the 2000-01 season, Philly had the 2nd and 9th picks overall, TB didn't have any, CBJ had the 1st and 4th overall picks, and Minnesota, the worst team in the league that year had the 30th overall pick.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Strange, I thought we had that fixed. It shouldn't be forcing moves on a human-owned team when it starts over the cap, that should be up to you to fix. We'll have to check a little further to see why it's still doing that.

The second one, what year was the game started in, 2000 or earlier? I'll try to see if I can replicate it.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #10
cultstatus
Bat Boy

I started the game in 2000. Happened another time I played a game too in the early 2000s. Doesn't seem to happen when I start a game in the salary cap era.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #11
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultstatus View Post
A started a game in 2010 as the Penguins, when the game started I had the 3 round picks of the Islanders, Stars, and Buffalo. I looked on their roster and they had 3 of my players. So I traded their picks back for my players and I was like 5 million over the cap.

And since I have you here, there is a draft bug in Historical mode. When the draft order is released after the season, some teams won't have any first round picks despite not having traded them at any point.

For example, after the 2000-01 season, Philly had the 2nd and 9th picks overall, TB didn't have any, CBJ had the 1st and 4th overall picks, and Minnesota, the worst team in the league that year had the 30th overall pick.
This exact same thing happened to me in historical. My team finished dead last in the standings one year, and instead of receiving the first overall pick in the next draft I had the 30th pick.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote