Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 38 (2056) - Doing the Thing (Discussion)

Probably my last week of checking in due to some severe burnout. Gonna turn my attention to other things, so unless one of my perfect league teams can go all the way, I'm destined to never win a top level championship. If that's the way it's gotta be, then that's the way it's gotta be.

Be that as it may...good luck, have fun, and the #1 rule of Perfect Team: Don't die.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

I started late, but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are finally approaching the promised land, arriving at diamond level this year and by the looks of things, in a fairly weak division, so fingers crossed, Perfect League could be within sight!

Our charge up the divisions has generally gone pretty smoothly, other than the embarrassing relegation from the silver league when I got too focused on collection missions and completely forgot about my actual team for a week (selling off my best players to fund collections, then forgetting to actually promote replacements probably wasn't a great bit of management). But all the collection scheming has paid off and we now look set to join the big boys hopefully soon and I can see just how terrifying all the teams I read about on here are!
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Probably my last week of checking in due to some severe burnout. Gonna turn my attention to other things, so unless one of my perfect league teams can go all the way, I'm destined to never win a top level championship. If that's the way it's gotta be, then that's the way it's gotta be.

Be that as it may...good luck, have fun, and the #1 rule of Perfect Team: Don't die.
Looks like I'm in the same conference as one of your other squads, Brooklyn Dynasty, in P.416. Best of luck this season.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

The Xenos are back in Perfect and randomed into a league with an astonishing low number of PL titles. I counted 2 ... and 20 Diamond League titles. Looks like PL 407 is the purgatory for those of us who really can't hang with the PLers but are easy DL contenders. Time to win a championship!

Meanwhile, the Wind-Up Birds are in PL 454 where there's 25 PL titles and 15 DL titles. Time to concentrate on tourneys.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #5
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes go up against the Blitzkrieg Boppers in P428 in the AC Central, could be fun, though money would be on the conference winner coming from the east

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
Paragon City Heroes
Take me back to Paragon City
Where the Trolls are green and...

:Sad, because in ten years no one will remember PC.:

Ooh, I wonder if MissDemeanor's email is still active.

Last edited by Lemandria; 12-09-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

There is a total of eight Perfect League titles in the Raccoons' league this time 'round, none in their conference... and seven belong to the Spokane Riptide, who I can't the heck get away from. Oh well, at least they're on the other side of the median line. Having no powerhouse team in my conference makes it imperative to pounce this week!

This will go so well.

The Rebs were relegated to Gold after four straight terrible seasons (one in Perfect, three in Diamond) and why not continue the plunge towards obscurity. I am sure they can find a few teams abandoned since May to slide under.

In KC, they're in a weak division which might help to evaluate how good that team *really* is. They haven't been very good at all the last few seasons against somewhat tougher opposition.

Only very few card changes; Mike Piazza and Jim Kern have added themselves to the Critters. They replace Torre and Henke. The Rebs have nothing. The Accountants have nothing besides another 22k PP wiped off the books thanks to the stupid historical pack sale that broke the market forever.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Take me back to Paragon City
Where the Trolls are green and...

:Sad, because in ten years no one will remember PC.:

Ooh, I wonder if MissDemeanor's email is still active.
I still play it, there has been a private server up for months

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
I still play it, there has been a private server up for months
Do you play on Homecoming?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #10
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The six-time PL champ Frogs are in P431 this week. We've ditched the lefty strategy for a more traditional build. Part of it is not wanting to bench my guys like SE Luke Appling and shiny new toy SE Willie Randolph. Ed Walsh and Red Ruffing both NEED to start games as well.

The shiniest new toy this week is SE 100 Trevor Hoffman. This wasn't one of those missions of the cost economical type (paid 25K for Jake Peavy, 40K for 96 Trevor Hoffman, 8K for Nevin, 8K for gold Gwynn etc...adds up quickly). I'm kind of kicking myself for spending 40K on 96 Trevor Hoffman because I saw Ken Caminiti up a couple weeks back for 28K and thought...well, I'll never complete this collection anyway so what's the use? Fast forward to this week, and it's the only card I needed. Someone had listed the diamond Hoffman for 30/40K. Someone else put in a bid, so I just went over the top for the BIN last night to clinch it. Eh, not thrilled with the cost, but the new toy is quite shiny.

Some quality teams to do battle with in P431 this week: Anaheim Mighty Ducks, San Diego Toros (3 titles), and San Antonio Cotton Rats (4 titles) stand out. I also spied the Brooklyn Cyclones, but then noticed it wasn't that Brooklyn Cyclones, you know the destroyer of worlds version. Kind of like how there are many Bronx Bombers, but only one Bronx Bombers. The Mighty Ducks (16-3) share the AC East with the Frogs (12-6) and the Ducks have quack'd their way to a 3.5 game lead so far. The Mighty Ducks are one of those teams that have been good for a really long time (3436-2591, .571 WPct), but have no PL titles to show for it. They won 136 games last week and 129 the week before that. If the pattern holds, they'll go 143-19 this week. Patterns. And, yours truly will be looking hard at a wild card spot.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #11
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P448: Many a Champion Lives Here

This week, the 5-time Perfect League champion (and 6-time Perfect League runner-up) Huntley Red Raiders find themselves in the P448 NC West with 2 other Perfect League champions: the Julestown Squirrels (2034, 2041, 2048) and the Iron (2023), Bronze (2024), Gold (2029), and Perfect (2041) champion Hampton Roads Rhinos. Diamond champion Nashville Venom and Silver and Gold champion Long Beach Bombers round out the division.

The NC Central is also home to multiple Perfect League champions, both of the 2-time variety: the San Francisco Irish (2051, 2055) and the Mordor Mayhem (2035, 2052), who, naturally, did not simply walk into P448. Finally, the NC East, while sporting no Perfect League titles, is the landing spot for 2 Diamond champions (Tallahassee Tomahawks, Southside Sluggers) and 2 Gold champions (Brooklyn Whalers, Bridgeport Chaparrals).

Over in the AC, we find one of the most decorated teams Huntley has ever had the pleasure of sharing a league with: the AC Central 10-time Perfect League champion Flagstaff 49ers (2022, 2026, 2027, 2036, 2038, 2039, 2044, 2049, 2050, 2051). Hats off to manager redsoxcurse! The only other AC team with Perfect League titles is a familiar one to Huntley; AC East resident and 2-time Perfect League champion Summit Dirigibles, who, back in 2049, finished 8 games behind the Red Raiders but then knocked them off in the Division Series in 5, spoiling a Sub-League showdown with the 6-time Perfect League champion La Crosse Fighting Frogs. Not that I'm bitter.

The Red Raiders are sporting the same lineup and pitching staff as last week; hopefully, now that Luke Appling is an 83 at 2B and 70 at 3B and Lou Boudreau is an 89 (and climbing!) at 2B, the defense is solidified, and the offense can bounce back from a relatively mediocre performance last week.

Current standings follow (check out the start put together by San Francisco!)...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:46 PM   #12
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
This week, the 5-time Perfect League champion (and 6-time Perfect League runner-up) Huntley Red Raiders find themselves in the P448 NC West with 2 other Perfect League champions: the Julestown Squirrels (2034, 2041, 2048) and the Iron (2023), Bronze (2024), Gold (2029), and Perfect (2041) champion Hampton Roads Rhinos. Diamond champion Nashville Venom and Silver and Gold champion Long Beach Bombers round out the division.

The NC Central is also home to multiple Perfect League champions, both of the 2-time variety: the San Francisco Irish (2051, 2055) and the Mordor Mayhem (2035, 2052), who, naturally, did not simply walk into P448. Finally, the NC East, while sporting no Perfect League titles, is the landing spot for 2 Diamond champions (Tallahassee Tomahawks, Southside Sluggers) and 2 Gold champions (Brooklyn Whalers, Bridgeport Chaparrals).

Over in the AC, we find one of the most decorated teams Huntley has ever had the pleasure of sharing a league with: the AC Central 10-time Perfect League champion Flagstaff 49ers (2022, 2026, 2027, 2036, 2038, 2039, 2044, 2049, 2050, 2051). Hats off to manager redsoxcurse! The only other AC team with Perfect League titles is a familiar one to Huntley; AC East resident and 2-time Perfect League champion Summit Dirigibles, who, back in 2049, finished 8 games behind the Red Raiders but then knocked them off in the Division Series in 5, spoiling a Sub-League showdown with the 6-time Perfect League champion La Crosse Fighting Frogs. Not that I'm bitter.

The Red Raiders are sporting the same lineup and pitching staff as last week; hopefully, now that Luke Appling is an 83 at 2B and 70 at 3B and Lou Boudreau is an 89 (and climbing!) at 2B, the defense is solidified, and the offense can bounce back from a relatively mediocre performance last week.

Current standings follow (check out the start put together by San Francisco!)...
I got the reference. I need to be quite explicit about that. I can't let you think that this LOTR reference just went into the ether. Received and understood. Acknowledged. OK, now maybe I'm being too explicit...

By the way, Appling maxes out at 90 (2B) and 82 (3B). I assume you are using the 100 Boudreau--I don't have that one and am too lazy to look it up and toss the ratings in the calculator. I know the gold version gets well into the 120's at 2B.

I also want to acknowledge that, yes, you are correct in how many titles the Frogs have won. That would be six. Bitter? No way!

Also, I was thinking that because we have at least 5 PL medallions...wouldn't it be cool if OOTP did something like the "5-timers club"? They make a deal about this with hosts of Saturday Night Live. Maybe at 5 titles, we get a smoking jacket with the number "5" embroidered on it. Maybe at 10 titles, Markus flies to your home town for a beer. Maybe at 20 titles, you get to put your mug on the next version of the game. You know?

Old 12-10-2019, 06:35 AM   #13
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I can't remember getting a triple play ever before (I'm playing since release) and now I got a flyball triple play twice. That's baseball, Suzyn.
Attached Images

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
daves
Hall Of Famer

Doubledays P466 Good News Bad News Season.
Good News: I am in the AC East with teams with no Perfect Titles and have started out to a great lead that could result in the top seed.
Bad News The AC West is incredibly stacked with 23 combined Perfect titles and will most likely have both wildcard teams. Being the top seed will result in a Mega-Whale matchup.
P466 Perfect titles by division:
AC
East 1
Central 0
West 23 between 4 teams
NC
East 4
Central 15 only one team
West 1

Good News: I saved and sold players to add Josh Gibson at Catcher.
Bad News How is Josh Gibson my only hitter batting below 200?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:38 AM   #15
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs are playing .808 ball at 42-10. But, we're in 2nd place because the Mighty Ducks are playing .870 ball (47-7). Our teams have only played 2 games so far (1-1), so we'll have a lot of opportunities to beat each other up soon.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #16
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Also, I was thinking that because we have at least 5 PL medallions...wouldn't it be cool if OOTP did something like the "5-timers club"? They make a deal about this with hosts of Saturday Night Live. Maybe at 5 titles, we get a smoking jacket with the number "5" embroidered on it. Maybe at 10 titles, Markus flies to your home town for a beer. Maybe at 20 titles, you get to put your mug on the next version of the game. You know?
Quickly peels off jacket and tosses it behind a chair

Um, yeah, an embroidered smoking jacket would be an amazing thing that Markus totally has not already sent to all the other 5-time PL champions. Great idea, waittilnextyear!

Waits patiently for waittilnextyear to exit the thread

Dives behind chair and cradles jacket

We'll never part again...

Old 12-12-2019, 11:07 PM   #17
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P448: Battles Aplenty

Just past the All-Star Break in P448, and Huntley's offense is, once again, not reaching the same heights it was in earlier seasons. Lineup changes in recent seasons from Arky Vaughan and Frank Thomas to Ozzie Smith and Lou Boudreau were obviously offense-for-defense (and baserunning) exchanges, but still, it's odd to see Huntley a mere fourth in the conference in runs scored, and a solidly entrenched fourth, at that (Julestown: 615; San Fran: 614; Tallahassee: 571; Huntley: 527). Run differential paints a slightly rosier picture for the Red Raiders--third in the NC (San Fran: +330; Julestown: +244; Huntley: +227)--and, of course, the current 7.5-game NC West lead over the Squirrels is a nice cushion, but my sentimentality is tugging hard at the "free Arky Vaughan!" part of my brain. But man, that SS Smith (120)-2B Boudreau (up to 99) double-play combo vs lefties...smooth.

In the meantime, the San Francisco Irish continue to pace P448. The team runs a 4-man rotation (Seaver, Feller, Wood, and...Gagne?) and an 8-man bullpen featuring 7 lefties (Grove, Hubbell, Randy Johnson, Santana, Brecheen, Marquard, and Blue) and righty Mariano Rivera. As points of comparison, Huntley's starting pitcher with the fewest amount of innings is Roger Clemens with 117.0, and Lefty Grove leads the Irish with 98.0 innings pitched (out of the bullpen); Huntley's Mariano Rivera leads P448 with 28 saves, and San Fran's Rivera leads the Irish with 10 saves.

There are still many ways to win in Perfect Team.

Current standings follow...
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #18
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are 77-27 and looking up at the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (82-22). Meanwhile, the San Diego Toros (85-20) have ridden an 18-game active winning streak to the top overall record in P431. The Toros don't have an intradivision foe of La Crosse/Anaheim's caliber, but it's an impressive run all the same.

In terms of run differential, it's also very even as one might expect. The Toros are at +354 (659 RS, 305 RA), the Frogs +335 (647 RS, 312 RA), and the Ducks +318 (633 RS, 315 RA). The Frogs are underplaying their pythag by 5 games, whereas the other teams are +1 there.

Head-to-head, things have been similarly nip and tuck. The Frogs and Ducks split their first 6 meetings right down the middle. Then the Ducks pulled off a 3-game sweep. Most recently, the Frogs took 2/3 against the Ducks. The Frogs are 2-1 against the Toros so far. Hard to get much more level than these 3 teams have been playing. The impending playoffs are looking like a dice roll.

La Crosse's shiny new 100 SE Trevor Hoffman is pitching to the tune of a 1.19 ERA in 30.1 IP. SE Jim Gilliam is having an interesting season as jack of all trades and master of none. Gilliam isn't in the starting lineup against LHP or RHP, but he's the primary backup at 3 different positions. This has gotten "Junior" into 52 games (16 starts) where he's batting .435/.524/.855. He's on pace for 107 AB this week and 3.2 WAR. Pretty decent.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Allow me to continue turning this weekly thread into my own team's personal story...lol

The Frogs were able to reel in the Mighty Ducks, much to the chagrin of Emilio Estevez. Both teams will head into the final day of the 2056 regular season deadlocked at 102-31. The Ducks hold an 8-7 head-to-head advantage, but the Frogs have a +29 edge in run differential.

The Frogs are having their most prolific week with the bats as of yet. With 816 runs scored in 133 games, we're on pace to fall just shy of 1000 runs.

Some individual career seasons are driving this surge. SE Appling, good and rested after riding the pine last week, is batting .283/.399/.441 with 13 HR (already a career high in HR). Super Ichiro is having himself a week as well: .338/.376/.483 with 11 HR (tied a career high in HR) to go with 11 3B and 10 2B--a veritable baseball "triple double" of extra base hits. 99 Yogi Berra has bounced back in a big way after some subpar weeks lately. Berra has also reached a new career high in HR (20) while batting .303/.336/.558. 100 Barry Bonds has homered himself into a tie for the conference lead (32), while slashing .267/.389/.579. An impressive list of Frog hitters have positive BB:K ratios--Bonds (94:89), Appling (91:90), Randolph (66:63), Berra (21:16), The Wizard (52:43), Lo Duca (13:12), and Ripken Jr. (29:27). Both SE DiMaggio and SE Gilliam could join this list soon as both have just one more K than BB.

Pitching-wise, things are pretty decent. SE John Smoltz just simply will not stop chopping wood no matter what his role (starter, stopper, closer, middle relief) happens to be. This week, the 7-time reliever of the year is leading the conference in WAR (7.5) while pitching out of the starting rotation. I'm like: Johnny, baby, it's ok to put the axe down now. Go ahead and take yourself a breather. Turn around, and lo and behold he's chopping wood once again. I tell ya...

Red Ruffing is getting his first full season in the rotation after being collected part-way through the 2054 season and then pitching out of the pen last week. He's responded with a conference co-best 20 wins.

Ed Walsh (18-4, 2.66 ERA), Tom Seaver (19-3, 2.67 ERA), and Harry Brecheen (17-2, 2.40 ERA) are no slouches either. Stan Coveleski (12 SV, 2.58 ERA, 101.1 IP, 3.1 WAR) could continue the Frog tradition of winning reliever of the year every week. 100 SE Hoffman (15 SV, 1.87 ERA, 43.1 IP, 1.9 WAR) showing that finishing the Padres' collection wasn't a terrible idea.

It'll be interesting to see how the playoffs go with 3 really strong teams in the one conference and 3 pretty strong teams in the other. Either way, I am already thinking about what "theme" I might want to roll with next week. For me, these final weeks/months of PT 2.0 will be about making runs at breaking records or testing out hypotheses with ratings. And, of course, stacking up as many medallions as humanly possible.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Could someone explain to me, mercifully, how the **** it's Saturday already?

I may have three playoff teams this week; the Rebs lead their divison by two, the Accountants even lead theirs by *7 1/2* ... only the Raccoons... the Raccoons were in the soft underbelly of divisions, and can't even win that one. They trail by 7 1/2 and look beaten. Yes, they are 19 games up on a non-playoff spot, so yaay, another wild card crapfest is in the cards ...

Sigh.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote