Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #121
Jonzard
Hall Of Famer

Fantastic Job! I appreciate it!

Is there a single zip that combines all of the schedules?
For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping. — Sir Peter B. Medawar
FTB
Old 03-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #122
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

A super job as usual from our schedule guru. Now, about those 19th century schedules...
Old 03-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #123
victx
Bat Boy

re: 2005 schedules

Thanks for all of your hard work. I am quite eager to run the '05 schedule.

John B.
Richardson, TX
Old 03-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #124
Spindel
All Star Reserve

LGO, Is there an easier way to change the teams rather than going through and manually changing the numbers? For instance, with the 2005 one, it didn't work for me, because in my league I'm using with TF's rosters, the Nats are Team 17, Mets are 18 and Phillies are 19. I went through and made the changes needed in the schedule, and now everything looks right to me, but I was wondering if there was by chance an easier way. I'd share it, but it's still your work and I don't want to step on your toes.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #125
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel
LGO, Is there an easier way to change the teams rather than going through and manually changing the numbers? For instance, with the 2005 one, it didn't work for me, because in my league I'm using with TF's rosters, the Nats are Team 17, Mets are 18 and Phillies are 19.
The easiest way to swap team ID numbers is to swap the teams in the league editor. That should do it, I think. You can always check to see what the ID numbers are by exporting the schedule at any time and then opening the resulting file and seeing what's listed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel
I went through and made the changes needed in the schedule, and now everything looks right to me, but I was wondering if there was by chance an easier way. I'd share it, but it's still your work and I don't want to step on your toes.
Feel free to post it in the fictional schedules thread http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=63714 and describe it as a reworked MLB schedule with the team ID numbers swapped around. There's a few others in there like that.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #126
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

LGO, any way to change the team ID's without swapping them in the editor? im in 1902 and trying to swap Boston(N) and Brooklyn but they wont change position. So the IDs dont change.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #127
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
LGO, any way to change the team ID's without swapping them in the editor? im in 1902 and trying to swap Boston(N) and Brooklyn but they wont change position. So the IDs dont change.
On the Edit Team screen change the name of Boston(N) to something like "Brooklyo" or anything that will put it just past Brooklyn alphabetically. Then under Edit League Structure exchange those two teams, and go back and fix Boston's name but do not make any other changes under Edit League Structure.

Thus the team IDs should be switched to what those schedule files with the problem are expecting. Then when the fixed schedule files are available, you should be able to just go back to Edit League Structure and switch the teams with themselves again and get the ID numbers back in the original order.

Last edited by gmo; 04-10-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #128
MJB_919
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great schedules. There is however just one minor misplace I noticed. The D-Backs are scheduled to play the Phillies on thier first road trip when they actually play the Nationals. In fact, that series is the Washington Nationals home opener.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:53 AM   #129
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I think you've got the ID numbers wrong then in your league file.

Philadelphia at Washington = Apr. 14, 16, 17

From the schedule file for these dates: 26 at 19. Team # 26 is Arizona, team #19 is Washington.

Team ID numbers in 2004:

# 15 = ATL - Atlanta Braves (NL)
# 16 = FLO - Florida Marlins (NL)
# 17 = MON - Montreal Expos (NL)
# 18 = NYN - New York Mets (NL)
# 19 = PHI - Philadelphia Phillies (NL)

Team ID numbers in 2005:

# 17 = NYN - New York Mets (NL)
# 18 = PHI - Philadelphia Phillies (NL)
# 19 = WS2 - Washington Nationals (NL)

Check to make sure your team ID numbers match the numbers listed for 2005, or else your schedule will not be correct.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #130
MJB_919
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You are right. The Nationals are number 17 in my league. How do you change the ID numbers?

Last edited by MJB_919; 04-10-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 AM   #131
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB_919
You are right. The Nationals are number 17 in my league. How do you change the ID numbers?
Try under Edit League Structure doing an Exchange Teams between the now-named Washington and itself. That should rearrange the ID numbers within the game to fit the new alphabetically order of the teams within the division.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #132
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Check the other schedules thread. I already addressed this.

Last edited by Spindel; 04-11-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #133
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

hi guys

do you guys have a 2005 Real Major League Schedule?

with these ids. that what Halofan uses for his updated 2005 roster.

# 17 = WAS -Washington Nationals (NL)

thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #134
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
hi guys

do you guys have a 2005 Real Major League Schedule?

with these ids. that what Halofan uses for his updated 2005 roster.

# 17 = WAS -Washington Nationals (NL)

thanks
That should be exactly what is linked in the post of Spindel just above.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:54 AM   #135
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to give mad props to LGO for this. I recently started a historical league based on the Ankit db, and will also run a mirror based on Lahman's db, just for S&G's, and having these schedules available is, as Chris Farley would say, awwwwwesome.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #136
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

I eagerly await the 19th century schedules.

The way I have handled the 19th century, with league alignments and such is to have the NL always be a single division (excepting the years of 1876-1881 and 1892-1900 when I split the league between east and west, combining the standings at the end). The year 1884 is always the trickiest since there were a total of 33 teams split amongst three leagues. Fortunately v6 allows me to have four divisions so I place all the AA teams that played the majority of the season and stayed on for 1885 in one division with all the extras in another division. For the UA, I place all the teams that played the most games in one division and all the teams that played very few games in the other division. Of course, the UA did start with 8 teams in 1884 and retrosheet has a schedule showing those 8 teams playing the entire season (imagine tiny Altoona playing all 114 games that season).

For the 1890 Player's League I just create an extra division in the league holding the AA teams and add an extra team to the AA (since the AA fielded 9 teams after all was said and done). The extra team remains for 1891 since the AA fielded an extra team that year to finish out the schedule.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:17 PM   #137
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

First off, this is awesome! Thnak you so much! I have no clue how hard this was but it looks great! This is what I've been hoping for for awhile. Thanks.

Secondly, when I click on the attachment for 2002-2005 nothing happens. The other years work great just not those.

Again, though, thanks and great work.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
Old 07-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #138
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames
Secondly, when I click on the attachment for 2002-2005 nothing happens. The other years work great just not those.
Hmmm, no one else has reported a problem with those. Try again, and if you still have problems, you can drop me an e-mail and I can always try e-mailing the appropriate files to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2005NC
The way I have handled the 19th century, with league alignments and such is to have the NL always be a single division (excepting the years of 1876-1881 and 1892-1900 when I split the league between east and west, combining the standings at the end). The year 1884 is always the trickiest since there were a total of 33 teams split amongst three leagues. Fortunately v6 allows me to have four divisions so I place all the AA teams that played the majority of the season and stayed on for 1885 in one division with all the extras in another division. For the UA, I place all the teams that played the most games in one division and all the teams that played very few games in the other division. Of course, the UA did start with 8 teams in 1884 and retrosheet has a schedule showing those 8 teams playing the entire season (imagine tiny Altoona playing all 114 games that season).

For the 1890 Player's League I just create an extra division in the league holding the AA teams and add an extra team to the AA (since the AA fielded 9 teams after all was said and done). The extra team remains for 1891 since the AA fielded an extra team that year to finish out the schedule.
That highlights the problems with some of the 19th century seasons - other folks will approach those years in different ways. There'd have to be some kind of consensus as to how folks would handle those seasons and then I can get the schedule files to match that approach.

As to the 1884 UA, the full 12 teams can in fact be approximated. What essentially happened in reality is that when a club dropped out of the league, the new club that entered the league took over the departed club's schedule. This can actually be done in OOTP, so you end up with the initial team playing for so many games and then stopping, while the replacement club starts playing games at the point where the departed club stopped.

The same kind of principle can be applied to the 13 team 1884 and 9 team 1890-91 AA seasons.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #139
ctorg
Global Moderator

LGO, is there any place where we can download all of these in one zip file rather than 100+ separate ones?

Great job, BTW. I think I posted this before, but it seems to have been eaten.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
Old 10-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #140
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the great effort and amount of time you spent on these. It's appreciated.