Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

View Poll Results: As of now, are you satisfied with V6?
Yes. 148 58.27%
No. 106 41.73%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #41
sixto
Hall Of Famer

It's a trick question. Am I "generally" satisfied? Yes.

It's increasingly aggravating to be told by staff to lower our expectations. This is NOT the community I joined two years ago. And frankly I'm appalled. I started making my notoriously long and laborious posts right here in the OOTP feedback forum. I enjoyed asking for features, for improvements, for clarifications, and I enjoyed receiving input from my fellow fans as well as, on occasion, positive feedback from Steve, TC or Henry.

I would hardly dare give a suggestion today. I suppose to some extent Kuffrey and Henry are hamstrung because Markus is no longer "supposed" to work on OOTP6 as per SI. I find the "turn a blind eye" comment from Marc Vaughan telling and I resent the suggestion by Henry that we ignore it. Ignore it my ass!

Look, let's face facts: OOTP's customer support used to be a strength, and going forward it no longer will be. The reason is simple and predictable: corporate strategy. Why not admit it and move on? I think it's a matter of cutting losses at this point.

SI provides not only an improved code base but also a vastly advanced retail reach. OOTP's current customers are, and I say this with all due fondness, 100% obsolete.

The sooner you recognize this, the more you'll be at peace.
sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #42
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

I voted no with full expectation of changing my vote when the game is patched, as it most likely will.

No because even though I love the new engine features, the bugs present in conversion from OOTP5 -> OOTP6 are costing me, the online league I run, and other people in the online leagues I play in a lot of time that would be better spent just playing the game.
JOBL - Grand Forks Varmints (former owner)
FIBB - Chicago Fire
TMBU - Tulsa Tomcats (former owner)
ACL - Oakland A's (former owner)
ACB - Rockville Superbas
A.J. Holz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:52 AM   #43
sporr
Global Moderator

I am satisfied mostly because I play almost strictly in online leagues. Some of the issues go away because of this. There are still some things that need to be addressed and I have faith that they will be.

Waivers obviously need tweaked. Keep in mind that there are some transaction rules that we were told would not be completely MLB accurate. I think there were some complaints about this when OOTP was first released. Unfortunately, Markus attempt to make things more accurate resulted in the current problems since it seems that accurate handling of waivers are a bit complex for the AI.

It's really no surprise to me that the new transaction rules caused some problems. There is an incredible complexity here that will probable take some time to get right.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #44
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Eck .. when you posted your thread, I was surprised, but I did "take it to heart" since I respect you and your contributions to the community. When another "senior" member posted, it was very easy to dismiss since he's known to just stir up trouble and leave when no further trouble can be found. So, please don't think that I'm making light of the issues in the game. I'm just making light of who posted about them.

As for the issues, yes, there are enough to warrant the TLB to wait another season to upgrade. But, I have a LOT of confidence in Markus to get this game up to snuff, and the beta team is working on a way to try to organize the bug reporting better. So know that no one is just sitting back and letting things ride. I do see this game getting better. But, Markus just went through a very stressful time partnering with a new company and moving from Germany to England. So, I'm sure that has something to do with the lack of communication so far. He's already said that he's back to work, so let's see what the next patch brings.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #45
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by CommishJoe
He's already said that he's back to work, so let's see what the next patch brings.
Agreed, although I do have a great deal more trepidation (I love that word) than you, it seems. The next patch will be telling.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:29 PM   #46
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

I am amazed that this poll is running 40%-45% negative. That's staggering.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #47
sporr
Global Moderator

I wish the poll had more than 2 options.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #48
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Eckstein 4 Prez
Agreed, although I do have a great deal more trepidation (I love that word) than you, it seems. The next patch will be telling.
I agree. Bottom of the ninth, down one run, two outs, runners on second and third...can he score a hit, or will it be another ground out? Let's all pray for a hit.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:39 PM   #49
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Malleus Dei
Let's all pray for a hit.
Please, Alah! Let it be a hit!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:42 PM   #50
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by treedom
Please, Alah! Let it be a hit!
Hate to spam this forum with such a wasted +1 comment, but I can't help it...

ROFFLE!

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
holyroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #51
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Hey Kq76 great post! You bring up a lot of great points.

Sixto Your points are well taken also...

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote