Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #1601
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So, unfortunately, the Bunnies did win their subleague series, so it is on to the NLDS series for us. That means we will be in Perfect League next year; the first "Our League" team to move into the void that is known as Perfect League (there is an "Our League" team that is being relegated from perfect this week, but they weren't in Our League when they ascended to perfect).

Oh, well, I will miss you guys! I was hoping to spend another year in Diamond but I guess it was not to be. The only good news is that the only Whale in D357 was knocked out of the playoffs by a wild card team in the sub-league series, so I have a decent chance, at least, of getting to the diamond world series. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Abe!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #1602
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
That is awesome!

An idle suggestion: make the crowns go clockwise from Iron->Bronze->Silver->Gold->Diamond

I tried that, but didn't like the look. I just placed them according to the tilt on the crown. I'll probably mix them up as I go along. I like to play around sometimes, so it could look entirely different next year.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #1603
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Yep! Had a little help from scoring a Rendon in a challenge mode pack, which I turned around for 22K net.
...And now deGrom from a challenge mode pack.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:00 PM   #1604
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
That is awesome!

An idle suggestion: make the crowns go clockwise from Iron->Bronze->Silver->Gold->Diamond

My opinion is to have them in a pyramid hierarchy. So Diamond on the top, Gold and Silver in the second row and followed by Iron and Bronze on the feet.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:06 PM   #1605
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
My opinion is to have them in a pyramid hierarchy. So Diamond on the top, Gold and Silver in the second row and followed by Iron and Bronze on the feet.
Makes sense.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #1606
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Any silver playoff updates?

Unfortunately the website link won’t update until tomorrow with any info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #1607
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Waffletown over Port Ruppert in the division series, 3-0
Waffletown over Huntsville in the sub-league series, 4-0
Waffletown facing Michigan in the Silver Level Series, currently 0-0

Looks like you’re going to gold!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #1608
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Waffletown over Port Ruppert in the division series, 3-0
Waffletown over Huntsville in the sub-league series, 4-0
Waffletown facing Michigan in the Silver Level Series, currently 0-0

Looks like you’re going to gold!

Perhaps I need to go on vacation more often

Old 05-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #1609
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am very excited by the way Our League is growing. This week has seen a very sweet burst.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:37 PM   #1610
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Another reminder: Please add the following people to your friends lists:

People in Iron/Bronze

Edster007a - San Pedro Cerranos (Iron)
bonsai13 - Redmond Defenders (Iron)
fearthefive - Seattle Endless Summer (Iron)
sabakon2 - New Zealand Silver Ferns (Iron/Bronze)

People in Diamond/Gold be sure to add:

atabakin2 - Virginia Freeloaders (Diamond)

Newcomers please check out posts 1531 and 1532 for the process to follow to get yourself included in OL. Note that you should only be friending people in and around the league you'll be in - so if you're in Iron, friend Entry/Iron/Bronze/Silver teams.

Do this tonight because you probably won't have a chance tomorrow before the leagues reform!
Old 05-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #1611
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Motown is going to the world series in I207. Here is the playoff tree showing the team-v-team records for the playoffs.
Attached Images
Old 05-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #1612
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Waffletown leads 2-0

Game one goes 13. It was scoreless through the first 12, when Michigan got their lead-off man aboard on a Frank McCormick error. A single followed, and when the ball was booted in the outfield, the Valiants had men on second and third. Paul Dean wild pitched the first run of the game home. Michigan added an insurance run, also unearned. Billy Hamilton led off the home 13th by grounding to second. Three straight singles followed to load the bases. Stan Musial fanned for the second out, but Ernie Lombardi tied the game with a base hit. Stan Spence delivered the game-winner on a bouncer up the middle as the Syrups completed the 3-2 come back.

In game two, Michigan took a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the 8th. Cecil Travis led off with a single, followed by a Fred Lindstrom strikeout. Lefty O'Doul ripped a double, with Travis stopping at third. Stan Musial got a second chance to be the hero and doubled home both runners. Paul Dean pitched a 1-2-3 9th to save the win for Bucky Walters, 2-1.

Sorry, but I have to go out in about 15 minutes, so this will be the extent of my coverage. Good luck.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-26-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #1613
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Motown is going to the world series in I207. Here is the playoff tree showing the team-v-team records for the playoffs.

Go Motown! Let’s see some PT champions from OL

Old 05-26-2019, 07:57 PM   #1614
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Game one goes 13. It was scoreless through the first 12, when Michigan got their lead-off man aboard on a Frank McCormick error. A single followed, and when the ball was booted in the outfield, the Valients had men on first and third. Paul Dean wild pitched the first run of the game home. Michigan added an insurance run, also unearned. Billy Hamilton led off the home 13th by grounding to second. Three straight single followed to load the bases. Stan Musial fanned for the second out, but Ernie Lombardi tied the game with a base hit. Stan Spence delivered the game-winner on a bouncer up the middle as the Syrups completed the 3-2 come back.

In game two, Michigan took a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the 8th. Cecil Travis led off with a single, followed by a Fred Lindstrom strikeout. Lefty O'Doul ripped a double, with Travis stopping at third. Stan Musial got a second chance to be the hero and doubled home both runners. Paul Dean pitched a 1-2-3 9th to save the win for Bucky Walters.

Sorry, but I have to go out in about 15 minutes, so this will be the extent of my coverage. Good luck.

Every little bit helps when you’re unable to log in

I’d expect nothing less than a pitchers duel series... according to the league stats on the webpage report, Michigan had the #1 pitching staff in the league and Waffletown was #3

Old 05-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #1615
Magus978
All Star Starter

Patriots blow a 3-0 series lead and lose their LCS in 7. Would have rather lost in the divisional round if this was going to be the result.

Absolutely sick right now. Feel like rage-selling everyone, but I'm too depressed to even log back in. This was my best chance to win a championship with this group, and we threw it all away when it mattered the most. For once, I did everything right and for what? To suffer a massive chokejob?

No amount of brilliant planning can prepare for an unfavorable RNG. Lesson learned.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-26-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #1616
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Patriots blow a 3-0 series lead and lose their LCS in 7. Would have rather lost in the divisional round if this was going to be the result.

Absolutely sick right now. Feel like rage-selling everyone, but I'm too depressed to even log back in.
Don't do it!

Old 05-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #1617
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post

Absolutely sick right now. Feel like rage-selling everyone, but I'm too depressed to even log back in. This was my best chance to win a championship with this group, and we threw it all away when it mattered the most. For once, I did everything right and for what? To suffer a massive chokejob?

No amount of brilliant planning can prepare for an unfavorable RNG. Lesson learned.

You remind me of a funny reddit post I read after Bucks blew the game. "I wish I had a wife so I could F her ultra hard to end the pain."

You did your best to give you the best %. Maybe it's a 85% and they roll the 15%. It happens. There's still a lot of seasons to go and you could have a similar opportunity one day.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #1618
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
You remind me of a funny reddit post I read after Bucks blew the game. "I wish I had a wife so I could F her ultra hard to end the pain."

You did your best to give you the best %. Maybe it's a 85% and they roll the 15%. It happens. There's still a lot of seasons to go and you could have a similar opportunity one day.
Not anytime soon my friend. If I step back and look at it, I honestly believe we do not belong in Silver. We're going to get torn to bits, and I was counting on the extra points from making the finals to help with upgrades. Now I gotta stretch 2,700 points + the sales of the three culprits (if they even sell) in finding additions that will allow me to survive.

The only thing to come out of this is that nobody can ever accuse me of not caring. It's good to feel bad after such a colossal failure. It shows that you care and that you're willing to fight to fix what went wrong.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-26-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #1619
daves
Hall Of Famer

What is the criteria to join? I have a Diamond and Silver level team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:15 PM   #1620
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
What is the criteria to join? I have a Diamond and Silver level team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No live or future legend players and have always been f2p.